Thread: Semi-permanent make up

Ros@SWD

Hello B2Bs

I'm looking for some opinions on semi-permanent make-up - would any of you consider getting eyeliner, lip liner or eyebrows that would last as long as 12-18 months? Just to clarify, this is different from (ie more permanent than), say, a lash tint that lasts a few weeks.

It would be great to hear what you think about this and whether you'd consider doing it before your wedding.

Thanks

Ros

QUOTE (Ros@SWD @ Apr 6 2009, 01:56 PM) [url="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714"]
    Hello B2Bs

I'm looking for some opinions on semi-permanent make-up - would any of you consider getting eyeliner, lip liner or eyebrows that would last as long as 12-18 months? Just to clarify, this is different from (ie more permanent than), say, a lash tint that lasts a few weeks.

It would be great to hear what you think about this and whether you'd consider doing it before your wedding.

Thanks

Ros[/b]
    I would definitely consider eyeliner but no sure about lipliner and don't know what "eyebrows" would entail!

I don't wear a lot of makeup normally and so need all the help I can get to look beautiful on my wedding day!

Hi Roz,

I haven’t heard of semi-permanent make-up before but it is definitely something I would be extremely interested in!

I want to look as perfect as I can on my special day. I want to spend it having fun and not worrying about my make-up getting smudged or worn off and having to keep reapplying throughout the day.

In fact, it would be great for when I’m on my honeymoon too, I’m not confident enough to go make-up free but hate how it all sweats off in the sun! I know I’ll be married by then but still want to look my best.

Do you have any more details?

Summer xx

Hey- yeh I'd consider eyeliner and brows

Oh I’d love to have my eyebrows done!! I used to be a bit over enthusiastic when plucking them and they’ve never grown back in properly. I draw them in but I’m no expert and find it hard to draw them in evenly. I must admit it is the one thing that really annoys me when I look in the mirror.

Kim - if you were having it done then they draw it on first and in the shade of colour you’d like first so you can see how it will look (where as you can’t draw in curly eyelashes can you so that’s a bit different) and they use a numbing gel so you don’t feel a thing.

I saw it on TV when I was in New York but wasn’t aware that you could have it done in Scotland?? Would definitely be a good feature to do in my opinion. :P

Wink

Ive had semi-permanent make-up done and was thrilled with the results. Ive had both eyeliner and eyebrows done so far. My eyebrows are now the correct shape for my face which has made a big difference and I absolutely love the eyeliner, it really opens up my eyes.

I have really sensitive skin which is often irritated by wearing makeup for any length of time and this was a really great solution for me. I like that it enhances and makes the most of my own features and its very natural looking. It's given me a really confidence boost and just makes me feel pretty!

I'm getting married later this year and will be having my eyeliner topped up and I'm going to get my lip liner done beforehand too. I'd definitely recommend it to other brides to be. You put so much effort into making sure you look your best on the actual day and now you can also look your best the first morning you wake up as husband and wife, throughout your honeymoon and thereafter.
    Last edited by Claire2831; 13-02-2010 at 10:41 AM.

One of my former flatmates in uni had permanent make-up in her eyes and lips, but not on her eyebrows.

It looked very good but natural at the same time. However you may want to do it well in advance of the wedding- whenever she had it topped up she had puffy lips and eyes for a few days because it is a sensitive area, if it is the firs time you are doing it you have no way of knowing how your skin is going to react!

I would really like to look into having semi-permanent make-up done and am considering having all three procedures. It sounds fantastic!

Claire2831 - where did you get yours done?

Thanks

Summer x

Hi Summer,

Here is the link:
    www.enhancepermanentcosmetics.co.uk

Hope it of some help and good luck for your special day

Thats sounds fab, never heard of the lip liner though

Super Senior Member

With my red hair, I have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes that you can't see. It seems to make me look really tired (and young, in a bad way if you know what I mean!) without make-up. And I'm also not the best at applying make-up, especially eyeliner! So I would certainly consider eyes and eyebrows. I don't normally wear lipliner though so wouldn't want that done.

I really like the sound of this actually! I am blonde and my eyebrows dont really stand out - i recently tried any eyebrow pencil - but dont really know what i am doing! this sounds great!

How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking? Claire 2831 - this website is fab - i might give her a wee ring!

xxxx
    Little pickers wear bigger knickers!

Hi Roz, is this something you could maybe do a feature on? I'd be really interested....

Wedding Supplier LittleTigerCreations's Avatar

As someone with 4 jobs and a husband it sounds like my dream. Make up is usually left off my to do list unless I have loads of time on my hands but I love eyeliner and my eyebrows could do with a wee perk up.

A feature would be fantastic if possible, would love to know more.
    Little Tiger Creations
    www.littletigercreations.com