Thread: Lifeofriley suppliers

Super Senior Member

Default Lifeofriley suppliers

just thought Id start with a note of suppliers we used:

Lochside House Hotel - I cant recommend our venue enough, the staff have been amazing every time we have been down for overnight stays, aft tea, lunch as well as for wedding meetings! their responses were so quick and on the day every single staff member was just fab and everything ran on time and so smoothly, they even cut my grans meal up into bite sized pieces as her eyesight isnt great and kept a bar open till we had enough which was 2.20am. the food and views at the hotel were all anyone could talk about.

Imagine Images - felt comfortable with Ross and Kirsty from the minute we met them, loved their style of photos and wanted them as our photographers straight away, so glad we did! loved our pre wedding shoot, was so much fun and on our wedding day was great, didnt even notice either of them during the service or first dance and they picked out some fab parts of lochside to get great pics and we cant wait to see the finished ones!!

Pamela Jayne Bridal and Sew Easy - Pamelas shop in Bonnybridge is a totally different experience than a city centre shop, her service is brilliant and so personal, she tries different head pieces, veils and even jewellery to give you a better picture of the dresses you try on. She recommended Angela at Sew Easy and so glad i went there, Angela is fab at what she does, her prices are great and her banter is crackin, had such a laugh with her and her dads homemade tablet is fab and my dress fitted amazingly and so did my sisters!

Ambiance Styling - Anne and Sadie were our contacts and it was good to find decorators who didnt TELL us what they "always done" in Lochside as i had contacted another one who basically told me what was to be done! The look on the day was great and just what we wanted and great prices, they were like wee decorating ninjas, in and out and i didnt even see them.

Susan Douglas Scott - we got so many comments on our ceremony and were so proud of it as we wrote a lot of it ourselves but the way it was delivered by Susan was just fab, so relaxed, funny and included hand fasting and lighting candles, Susan is such a lovely woman and we cant recommend her enough.

Silk Blooms - never thought about silk flowers before going to the secc wedding fayre and fell in love with them, great service and vision and our bouquets were even better than we imagined, also got the buttonholes and my mums corsage and we were all chuffed with them.

Little Red Wedding band - we just loved the band, so much so that we went to see them 3 times before the wedding they were great on the day and our dance floor was kept pretty full all night, also do ceilidh music and got lots of comments on them.

Whitestar coaches - not the quickest at getting back to us by email and also asked us to confirm that we had paid twice but on the day they were on time and were the cheapest by far so all good to me.

Speciality Cakes - the Cambuslang bakers is fab and we have been using them for years, we had just vanilla sponge and proper wedding cake as a cutting bar and both were gorgeous. i had given him a pic of what we wanted and he made it perfect.

Jacqui Harrow make up - wow, we all loved our make up and that was 2 included that didnt get any trials, Jacqui is fab at her job and so friendly and just wants you to love your make up. i have never had make up done but will def be getting it done again, highly recommended!

John MacIntyre and son - we were mucked about a bit with my wedding ring delivery date, husband got his 3 months before wedding day but mines was delayed until 4 days before wedding so id advise anyone to tell them the date of your wedding is 2 or 3 weeks before it actually is as they said their suppliers are pushing it to the wire! I would still use them again as my engagement ring was early.

Used Slaters for suits, they were great. Bryce McCulloch was our piper and was a lovely man and sounded great on the day, quick responses too. Glitzy Secrets was where i got our hair combs, some gorgeous pieces on the website and quick delivery. Monsoon for bridesmaid dress, found in sale, great bargain!
    Miss K's in New Cumnock opened just for my BM and auntie to do their hairs on the Sunday morning and Karen done a fab job, stayed in all day!

Cant think of any others at the mo. x

Pleased to hear that you were happy with Little Red. We've booked them. Don't see them mentioned often on here.

Such a good idea to list your suppliers!! Will be checking some of them out! =)/

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marymary View Post
    Pleased to hear that you were happy with Little Red. We've booked them. Don't see them mentioned often on here.
    Brilliant balance of music, go from slow to rock to 70s and ceilidh then to Beyoncé and Kings of Leon, everyone really enjoyed them and I'd say I got a dance off nearly everyone.....there's the odd friend and uncle that just don't dance great to have both a male and female singer too. X