Thread: Recommendations for bridal shops in Edinburgh please

Default Recommendations for bridal shops in Edinburgh please

Hi Ladies!

I'm starting to think about dress shopping soon (and I'm soooo excited!!). However, feeling a little overwhelmed with the volume of shops to choose from. Ideally, I'd like to stay within Edinburgh as that's where I live so it would make things a lot easier. Does anybody have some recommendations, or indeed places to avoid?

I have no idea what kind of dress I'm looking for, totally open to style and designer at this point!

Thanks in advance x

how exciting! I would recommend Gwennes, both shops, they are fabulous. I got my dress form Gwennes Edinburgh and she is just fabulous and knows her stuff. nothing is too much trouble.
    xxx

I absolutely second Gwenne’s.I’ve ordered my dress from their Edinburgh shop and honestly they are just lovely.Nothing has been too much trouble and they really know their stuff in terms of what suits you.Plus the Edinburgh store only has 1 appointment at a time so you get very a very personal service.Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Both gwennes shops couldn't recommend them highly enough c

I can't recommend Pretty Woman at Meadowbank highly enough. Laura is amazing and although not the biggest shop in the city, they have a fab selection of dresses. I was worried as so many dresses I'd seen were strapless and with a corset back, both of which I really wanted to avoid as it feels like all of my friends have worn a variation of this for their weddings and didn't want to be too samey - I wanted something different, and Pretty Woman didn't disappoint - I don't think I tried on 2 dresses that were similar! Although they had strapless dresses, if that's what you are looking for, they had loads of different styles/necklines/designers (including some tea length dresses which are gorgeous but not right for my December wedding) - good luck x

I bought my fab frock in a sale at Emma Roy's on Leith Walk - the lovely ladies were brilliant despite it being a busy day. They helped narrow down my choices based on what I did/didn't like, & offered suggestions on how some of the dresses could be easily altered by adding or removing details. Great service, great stock & knowledgeable, friendly staff. Big thumbs up! X

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I bought my fab frock in a sale at Emma Roy's on Leith Walk - the lovely ladies were brilliant despite it being a busy day. They helped narrow down my choices based on what I did/didn't like, & offered suggestions on how some of the dresses could be easily altered by adding or removing details. Great service, great stock & knowledgeable, friendly staff. Big thumbs up! X
    I am the exact same. Highly recommend Emma Roy. They sqeezed me in on a very busy Saturday afternoon after a terrible experience elsewhere. They were amazing and helped me find a dress that I loved and was not extortionate either! Good luck. X

stb

Kudos is where I got my dress and the service was amazing. Just had my final fitting and the Katrin the seamstress is a wizard, did an amazing job with what is a quite complicated dress. So pleased. They also arranged with the designer to get a custom veil. It really depends on your budget though. They have a £99 dress a day sale on just now of samples too. I also got fantastic service from Melissa at Emma Roy, the dresses weren't quite what I was after but I'd recommend her.

Thanks ladies, you've helped me put together a short list xxx

Further to my last post I had my dress fitting at Emma Roy's on Fri. Evelyn the seamstress is just a genius!! I wouldn't have a clue where to start with alterations etc but she was brilliant, & such a lovely lady. She really put me at ease & I have total confidence in her. Another big tick in the box from me!

Rachel Scott! Absolutely brilliant. Also, freja on Cumberland stree. Both wonderful and so helpful. Loved dresses at Lamesley but service wasn't great. Pretty woman visit was horrendous, they just weren't intereste, but lots of brides have had success there. I would recommend going somewhere where you will get one on one with someone and can try on a variety of styles!

Have fun!

StephanieLM - totally agree!

We felt we were in the way at Pretty Woman at our arranged appointment with lots of people coming in while we were still half undressed and being pinned in etc.

Not a relaxing or enjoyable experience!

Dee at Simply Bridesmaids was lovely for when time comes to look for maids dresses!

I highly recommend Susan gregory who is based at Chesser. The shop looks a bit tired from the outside but they have a lot of dresses in all styles. The staff are all fab and very knowledgable, infact I dismissed my eventual dress as it was everything I didn't want but was persuaded to try it on by Christine and I loved it! My sister also got her dress from this shop and again received a great service. Prices were very competitive too and the alterations are very reasonable too.

I loved pretty woman

Hadn't meant to send that yet. Gwennes had sooooo much choice and great prices but it was mobbed when we were in so i would maybe try and go in on a week day. Pretty woman were really helpful and accommodating as I never made an appointment with them but they let me go in and try on loads. I found Emma Roy a bit too expensive for me. I wasn't a huge fan of la novia.
    Hope that helps. I had a great day shopping in Edinburgh with my girlies. Enjoy every minute xx

Rachel Scott Couture was by far the most superior bridal store I visited.....I went to lots! Their professionalism and range of designer dresses is what sets them apart with some brands exclusive in scotland only to them. It was the only salon I visited where the experience made me feel special and I could have happily chosen several dresses! Infact I chose my dress within 30 minutes! My mum and fiancé were shocked that I was able to make such an easy decision as I am a known perfectionist! They only do appointments for 1 bride at a time and I felt truly relaxed and completely confident in my decision. It has my highest recommendation.