Thread: Still on a high Mr & Mrs S 21.3.15

Default Still on a high Mr & Mrs S 21.3.15

Hi Folks

Can't believe its all over and done with, still feel on a high but back to work tomorrow so I suppose that will bring me back to reality, tho I now get to change my name on everything

I'll try and make this as interesting as I can so will start with leaving off where I finished my countdown.

Wednesday 18.3.15 - Started the day off going to pick up my dress, I have the smallest car in the world and my dress was massive and so heavy so it was a laugh trying to fit it in the car, it was like a body lol. I got my dress, veil and underskirt from Wedding Wise in Barrhead and I couldn't recommend them highly enough, the staff are brilliant. I'm a plus size bride and I tried on the dress of my dreams in a size 12 in a shop in Glasgow and I was gutted that it was obviously far too small, tho I discovered Elaine at Wedding Wise and she has 2 of every dress in store, a smaller size and a plus size so every shape can try on their dream dress. I can't recommend them highly enough and my Justin Alexander dress was even slightly cheaper than in stores in Glasgow city centre. Dropped the dress at home, picked up my enegagement ring, which was in for cleaning, then went to Glasgow with my mum, where we picked up kilts for my 2 nephews, got eyebrows threaded, picked up H2B a shirt and tie from Slaters as he wanted to change out of his kilt after first dance. Eventually got home about 6pm exhausted.

Thursday 19.3.15 - Today was quite relaxed, only had to pick up the wedding party kilts, which were ready after 2pm, then had to deliver them to everyone and get them to check it all fitted. The kilts came from Houstons in Paisley and they were a pleasure to deal with, reasonable prices and good service. Few wee hiccups - Grooms shoes and shirt had to be changed which they dealt with quickly and smoothly, they hold such a big stock so its easy to get replacements.
    Last edited by MrsS2B2015; 01-04-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Platinum Member

I always tell people to check the kilts no matter if they think oh itll be fine, had too many people we know have issues on the morning of. Thats good you got it sorted quickly! Its pretty outrageous the mark up for Glasgow City Centre stores, i noticed that too

Friday 20.3.15 - I knew this day was going to be manic, just didn't realise how busy it would be. Was up early doors to travel 20 miles to pick up the postbox. Then picked up the missing kilt items and dropped them off with people. Then I had to run the in laws to the venue as none of them drive. So over the Erskine Bridge I went to Duck Bay, then back to home, in the meantime my MOH & Mum picked up all the stuff that wouldn't fit in my teeny car and it was a lot - my MOH (sis in law) has a people carrier and it was full with the centrepieces, candy buffet, presents, kilts and my parents. I got back home and picked up my dress, H2B and our bags for the weekend. We had a rehearsal at the Duck Bay at 2pm and we left the house at 1.40 - how we made it I will never know but got to Duck Bay just after 2pm. Met with the Minister and had a quick rehearsal. Checked into our room, then it was off to get nails done with my mum. In the meantime my dad had forgotten some stuff so I knew I had to drive back home again after MUA. Drove to MUA and spent an hour or so getting our nails done but I was getting a bit stressed knowing I hadn't unpacked and still had another round trip to do. Left MUA just in time for Friday night tea time traffic, picked up dads things, put petrol in (not how I expected to spend the day before my wedding), then back over the Erskine Bridge (again!!!!) I swear if I never see that bridge again I will be delighted. Also managed to smudge my thumb nail polish!!!! Back at venue, managed to unpack, hang the dresses up and get a shower and changed for dinner.

My parents, H2B's parents, his brother (Best man) and H2B and i were all staying for the weekend so dinner was a good laugh and it was nice for everyone to spend time, I really enjoyed this time. During the meal, some other relatives arrived to stay and everyone was having such a good time. It was so relaxing.

H2B and I had decided we wanted to spend the night together and I'm glad we did as we got time to relax, chat and none of us felt nervous the next day and really enjoyed the wedding day.

21.03.15 Wedding day

Got up and went for breakfast with all the family which was dead relaxing again, everyone was in good spirits and the sun was shining - in March!!! We went out on the decking and looked over the loch and I said we should have had the ceremony outside but who could have predicted the weather in this country. Got back up to our room and H2B was about to leave to go to his brothers room and the phone rang, it was the wedding co-ordinator on the phone - she said "we're just about to get the ceremony room ready, and I've checked the weather are you sure you don't want to go outside for the ceremony?" I looked at H2B, he said "you decide" and I thought lets go for it, its March, but its sunny and quite warm and people will have coats with them. So unbelievably we got married outside, overlooking Loch Lomond and it was perfect.

More later....

Super Senior Member

Loving your report! Fab that you got your ceremony outside, we sure lucked out on the weather that weekend x

Awww loving the report so far! Congratulations 😃. How lovely that you managed to get married outside at such a gorgeous venue

The next few hours were a total blur. H2B was just leaving to go to his brothers room after we decided to have an outside ceremony, the MUA arrived as did my mum so I gave him a quick kiss and told him I'd see him at the aisle. MUA was so good, she just got on with her job and wasn't bothered in the slightest when I asked if she could also do MIL's make up as her skin had broken out (nerves). During this time my cousin arrived who was one of the bridesmaids, so we had a wee champagne and enjoyed the stunning view over Loch Lomond, I loved this time as we were just relaxing, chatting, listening to my wedding morning playlist and having a laugh. I didn't feel stressed at all. Mum took a wee melt down after having her hair done and had to go for a walk, she said afterwards she just felt a bit overwhelmed, but she was fine. Photographer arrived at 12.30 and was just fab, she chatted away, made us feel at ease and just did her own thing to let us get ready, she was in the background and again it was all so relaxed. My MOH and chief bridesmaid arrived next (both my sisters in law) and presented me with a lovely blue garter, and I gave them their presents - their dresses were hung on lovely personalised hangers, a lovely wee bracelet and other odds and ends - lip gloss, mascara, plasters, paracetamol and wee bottles of their favourite drink and then it was just manic, flowers arrived and they were beautiful, exactly what I wanted plus a dozen white roses from hubby which was a lovely thought and they were stunning. This is the moment that I started to have a wee panic, I sat on the bed and thought Oh I feel a bit sick now, but after a few minutes sit down and another wee sip of champers I just wanted to get to that aisle. My wee godson came to the room in his kilt with a gift - it was a lovely wee box with a silver sixpence in it and a wee scroll with something old.....etc on it. He looked so smart in his kilt. Didn't take us long to get into our dresses and then my dad arrived, the photographer let him in, cos she wanted to capture his reaction and I'm hoping its a good photo cos he looked really proud. Then it was time to go downstairs, I hoped everyone liked the outside idea and weren't sitting there freezing lol.

More later ...........

Mrs Clark to be! NicholaPaisley's Avatar

Loving your report! Looking forward to the next part!

Sorry its been so long for this just not had the time, need to do my wifely duties lol.

This was the first time I got to see the tables all set up and our wedding cake and I was so pleased with how the hotel had done it all it was exactly how I imagined. I was standing just inside the restaurant and I could see all the guests and Hubby standing outside and couldn't wait to get out there. The organist started playing and out my dad and I went. Hubby looked down the aisle and as I walked toward him he said you look stunning which I was pleased about as I have real issues with compliments so it was nice to hear. Ceremony passed in a flash and it wasn't cold at all outside. After signing the register and getting some photos taken I tried to put my engagement ring back on. Couldn't get it on properly then couldn't get it off, so had a wee panic and held some ice against it and finally managed to slide it off - probably should have tried my wedding ring and engagement ring on to see if they all fitted lol. The next few hours were a blur as it was photo time. I hate getting my photos done as does hubby but our photographer made it a pleasure although by the end of it I was exhausted from standing about and just wanted a drink and a seat, so I asked her if we could go back to the hotel cos I needed a break and she was great about it. Finally got to catch up with some guests and then it was time for the cake cutting and meal. Entered the room to thunderous applause which was nice if a little embarrassing.

We had speeches before the meal as everyone was a bit nervous, so dad went first and my mum and I were in tears, then hubby and again mum, MIL and me were in tears, then hubby's brother the best man and yes we were all greeting again - now hubby's family are not emotional at all so I think that's what set me off, the fact that they were being emotional. I can't wait to hear the speeches again in the DVD. Meal was delicious, staff were very attentive and everyone enjoyed themselves. I couldn't believe how well it was all going and how smoothly, all that stressing for nothing because at that point it didn't seem to matter if there was a wee thing wrong.

After the meal I realised I needed a pee lol this was the most hilarious thing, bridesmaids had to take me out the whole dress as there was no way I was going to be able to cope, its just as well your bridesmaids are close to you

Then it was first dance - we had picked JLS - Love you more for a variety of reasons special to us, cheesy I know but I loved it, then my dad and I danced to Daddy's Little Girl by Michael Buble, my dad used to sing it to me and play the record (by another artist) when I was younger and my papa had done the same to my mum, so by this point my mum and dad were both in tears as none of them knew I was asking for it to be played. Next the whole wedding party was invited up for Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do and it was obviously a good choice as the whole place filled the floor.

Rest of the night passed in a flash, I was on the dance floor most of it - had changed into my converse by this point, missed the buffet but I've heard it was great and the candy table went down a storm.

Eventually got up to our room around 2 and opened all our lovely cards and presents and read the guest book which was a lovely way to round off a perfect day.

Next morning a lot of guests were staying so hubby and I went down to breakfast with our new tshirts on - his was Under new management and mine was the new Mrs S. This was met with much hilarity as I don't think anyone expected it. We stayed the next 2 nights in the Duck Bay which was lovely and again the staff were great, asking how the wedding had been and if we enjoyed ourselves etc.

I will list our suppliers separately as I think they did a great job and now I just can't wait for our photos and dvd.
    Last edited by MrsS2B2015; 30-04-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Wee vid

Love this video,meant 2 ask u 2day have u got the full copy yet?? my fave bit is me nah only kidding i jst love the bit with u and kevin on the decking "the look of love" xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Lovely video, you look stunning x x

Quote Originally Posted by julesxx View Post
    Love this video,meant 2 ask u 2day have u got the full copy yet?? my fave bit is me nah only kidding i jst love the bit with u and kevin on the decking "the look of love" xx

I love it too, lol, watched it about 20 times since we got it. Not got the full DVD yet but you know it will come thru the post next Saturday and we won't get to watch it hehe. Never mind think of all the fun we'll be having this time next week x x

Supplier list - hope I don't miss anyone

Duck bay - we both loved the venue as soon as we saw it, had a few issues re price increases prior to wedding but they were all sorted and I have to say I can't recommend the staff at Duck Bay highly enough, prior to the wedding their co-ordinater, Gemma was fantastic and on the day all the staff were so attentive and Gemma was a star she even calmed my mum down during a mini meltdown. The dessert was outstanding and the best bit of the meal - raspberry cranachan if you ever visit for a meal I would recommend it.
    Angelkin cards - all our invites were hand drawn, Hayley is so talented and nothing was too much bother for her, check out her work, she does more than just wedding invites and she is also such a lovely person to deal with.
    Stacey Macleod photography - Stacey was recommended to me on this forum and what a great choice, her work is fantastic, she's so enthusiastic about her work and nothing was too much bother for her. I'll never forget seeing her drop to the ground and lie on the mud and leaves so she could get a shot, and she just laughed about it. Her mum helps her and the 2 of them are lovely, welcoming women. She totally understood I hate my picture being taken and was so understanding.
    Chris Kelly films - Met Chris at Duck bay wedding fair and watched his dvd when I came home and booked him. I hate seeing myself on film and didn't want anything intrusive and chris did a fantastic job, guests have since commented oh was that guy in the background the video guy? And that's exactly what we wanted, someone who didn't shove a camera in people's faces but managed to capture all the important moments. I've only viewed a 5 min preview so far, but I'm so pleased, as is everyone else that has viewed it. Chris was such a gentleman and I wish him all the best for his own forthcoming wedding.
    Cakes by Suzanne - Also met Suzanne at the same wedding fair and here cakes were gorgeous. We wanted a very plain cake, 2 sponge and 2 traditional fruit and it was excellent, I just wish there was still some left.
    DJ Shuggy- Hugh came recommended on here and what a professional man he is. Kept in touch, you get your own personal web page on his site to add songs/dedications etc and he played everything we wanted. Arrived well on time, looked really smart, kept the dance floor busy and took some fantastic photos throughout the night. If we ever need his services again I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch.
    Wedding wise - can't recommend this shop highly enough. I had researched what dress I wanted online, and went to try it on in Glasgow, it was far too small for me and I was quite upset. I phoned Elaine at Wedding wise and she couldn't have been nicer, she had the Justin Alexander dress in my size and when I tried it on it fitted like a glove. I was in the shop for over an hour trying it on with various veils and tiaras and I wasn't rushed out or made to feel an inconvenience. Elaine and her staff were an absolute joy to deal with and I would recommend anyone to go there, plus my dress was cheaper than in the glasgow store so I could afford a more expensive veil.
    Moody cows florist - I was so unsure about flowers as I don't really bother with them but saw this in a groupon deal, went to the shop to choose flowers and Rachel is a really nice woman. She helped me pick beautiful flowers, made recommendations as I didn't have a clue and delivered everything in loads of time for the wedding. Also hubby phoned her at last minute to order flowers (don't ask lol) and she saved his day (just as well for him)
    M&C coaches - local company, clean and comfortable coach, great price
    BHS - bridesmaids dresses were from here and I think we were dead lucky as they needed minor alterations and only cost 130 each dress.
    Make Up & Hair - Natasha Dardas - lovely girl, 1st time I've ever had make up done professionally and she did exactly what I wanted. Arrived in loads of time on the big day and my make up stayed on all day ......and some of the next day lol.
    Rings - John McKay Jewellers, Paisley - had a great experience in here, rings were ready in super quick time at a very reasonable price for both of them. They also cleaned and replated my engagement ring for no additional cost (even tho I never bought if from here), they also resized my engagement ring when I realised it didn't fit with the wedding ring on too (whoops), the only thing is my white gold wedding ring on the underside is scratched and looks slightly yellow already so I'm going in this weekend to ask if they can do anything with it.
    Kilts - Houstons, Paisley - We had quite a big order and there was some things that had to be changed but I think that seems to be the norm for kilt shops, reasonable prices and the staff were very friendly I was pleased with the service

Hope I haven't missed anyone and hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by MrsS2B2015; 21-05-2015 at 07:48 AM.