Thread: Invitation Designs Microsoft word? Clueless!!

Default Invitation Designs Microsoft word? Clueless!!

Hey! I'm quite a crafty person but I honestly don't have a clue what I design my wedding invitations on? Is it just Microsoft word? Are there ways to design on my android tablet rather than PC? I know I can print directly from my tablet to my inkjet printer, but I just honestly don't know how I go about making the designs lol

I suppose that depends if you can design something in Word that you like. Its doesn't really matter what tool you use if you get a result you are happy with.

If you start to find word limiting serif page plus is a very versatile program, failing that there is the Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and InDesgin, they are expensive and need allot of skill to work but are the most powerful tool.

Hope that helps
    Stuart

Thanks so much Stuart! Will look into it more, definitely want to try making my own, just wasn't sure what tools were needed to do so

I'm in the process of making my own-I've just been using microsoft word and copy and pasting things onto it-it's took a few hours of work so far but I'm enjoying it and can't wait til there done and I can say I made them by hand

We used word & changed the page sizing, it took a few attempts to get it right but once you've got it done just save it and then you can go back & it remembers exact settings etc. It was really easy. We did invitations, inserts & envelopes & they were fab! Good luck!

have you thought about using vistaprint, we did and they were really cheap and you can pretty much design what you want plus they look really proffesional when printed!

Thanks so much for all the replies! I'm going to give them a try on word and see how I get on, trying to cut down the budget isn't easy lol

I really think you should give vistaprint a go - very proffessional and all our invites (40) cost 35 including envelopes and personalised stickers for the envelope seal!

gemster, i second that

I have just found an amazing site called Canva.com which is like a design suite. It has loads of icons and fonts and is free for those, it does have images which you can add at a 1 each, then when you have made your picture you download a pdf or jpeg and can print this yourself or send to a professional.

I made these to send to my non-bridesmaids, took me less than 20 mins and used all free icons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laura.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	13373