Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr and Mrs Toohill 21/02/2015

Default Mr and Mrs Toohill 21/02/2015

Well ladies, I am now married. Sitting in our hotel wide awake whilst he sleeps so thought I would give you wee photo of the bride and groom and I will get my report started soon. The day itself was absolutely amazingand went so quickly. Can't believe we are now married!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Platinum Member

Aaaw you look beautiful, dress looks amazing! Glad you had a great day, I found it was the quickest but also longest day (totally shattered by end of it) I stay not that far from your venue & it started raining about 2/3ish & I thought oh I hope they arent outside just now then it brightened up for a bit so phew if you wanted outside pics lol

oh big congrats....you look stunning hope you and new hubby had a fabulous day xx

awww congratulations! you look fab, cant wait to hear all the details x

Congratulations... Loving the wee selfie. Hope we get to see a full length picture of the both of you as the wee bit of the dress visible looks lovely.

Super Senior Member

Congratulations! Cant wait to hear more x

Okay so we are now home and back to reality. Think I will start from the Thursday leading up to the wedding...

Thursday 19th February

We had travelled down from Inverness on the Wednesday night and stayed at Robert's parents house. On the Thursday morning we drove over to John Street to pick up our marriage schedule. Really simple process, remember your passports when you do this. Afterwards I popped into Beauty Boutique and Day Spa to get my nails done. Just went for a simple shellac polish. Glittery pink. Very nice salon and they did a very good job. As it was Robert's birthday on the Friday and I wouldn't be spending much time with him I took him out for lunch at Two Fat Ladies City Centre. Excellent lunch as always.

I had had booked an apartment for my mum, myself and my bridesmaid to stay in from Thursday onwards. I was really nervous about this as I had booked it off trip advisor and was so worried it was a scam! Phew, it wasn't. The apartment was absolutely gorgeous. The owner Craig was great and it was such a good location just behind St Enoch centre. I stayed in with my mum and bridesmaid on the Thursday night watching Eastenders and my brother brought us a chippy from The Chippy Doon the Lane for tea.

Here is a couple photos of the apartment...

Sitting room! Loved the staircase.

Super Senior Member

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to your report xxx

Friday 20th February

First thing Friday morning myself and Robert popped over to House For An Art Lover to meet our Master of Ceremonies Craig. We went through exactly what was going to happen on the day and we dropped off our favours, table plan etc. A wee tip which Craig really appreciated... For each table I had a box and put favours, table names, place cards in it. This made it so much easier for HFAL setting things up.

Robert dropped me off back in the city centre after this and this would be the last time I saw him until the big day. I met my mum and bridesmaid who were getting their nails done. We did some shopping before heading back to the apartment to wait for my brother. We had an early dinner at Princess Square (The Bar and Grill) before heading back to our apartment for more Eastenders! I actually had an earlyish night and slept okay! I didn't wake up until 8am on the Saturday morning...

Saturday 21st February

The wedding day!! As I said I woke up at 8am after a pretty decent sleep! I jumped straight in the shower and mum and bridesmaid followed! My make-up artist Leigh Blaney arrived just after half 9 and started on my bridesmaid, then my mum, then me! What can I say about Leigh? She is so talented at her job and our make-up was fantastic. It lasted the whole day. I don't wear a lot of make-up but Leigh made it looks so natural.

Soon on after our hairdresser Laura Scarff arrived. Again another lovely lady who is so talanted at her job. Our hair was perfect and stayed in the whole day. Both Leigh and Laura were great in the morning and we all had a good laugh.

Next to to arrive was our photographer Mike Cook. I cannot put into words how good Mike is. From what we have seen of our photos he has done an amazing job. Most of the time, even in our small apartment I had no idea he was there. He does the necessary posed shots and then spends the rest of the time in the background taking all the wee details and shots of people enjoying themselves. We cannot recommend Mike enough. Perfect photographer and great guy.

My my flowers arrived next. I had picked Mood Flowers as they do the venue flowers. I didn't know much about flowers so let them really do what they wanted, just as long as they were white/cream. Wow. The flowers were amazing. Absolutely chuffed with them. Our ceremony flowers were beautiful too. Again highly recommended.

Last supplier to arrive at the apartment was our car. We used Carrs Loch Lomond. Faultless again. Arrived on time and the driver was lovely. There was absolutely no traffic on the way to HFAL so we sat outside Ibrox for 10 or so minutes to waste some time. I laughed with the driver that I didn't expect to spend my last few minutes as a single woman sat outside Ibrox.

Okay, more later... I'll post a pic of my flowers

Congrats! Excited to read more x x

Congratulations! Everything looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to read more.

Loving the story and the pictures. Your flowers look beautiful. I never thought that they would look so stunning in just the one colour. Has really given me some inspiration.

Can't wait to read the next installment. Thanks for sharing your wedding story.

I've been back at work since Wednesday so been busy catching up but here is some pictures from Mike's blog. One word - Amazing. http://www.mcookphotography.co.uk/bl...hannah-robert/

Ooh, I don't know how I missed this! Loving your report, love the selfie and looking forward to reading more. Congrats!! x

Awwww loving this and your pictures. Congratulations! X

Super Senior Member

Wow! Your dress is stunning! x

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Your pictures are great. You look stunning xx

Super Senior Member

Huge congratulations!!!
    Your photos are stunning and you look so happy x x

Thank you all. So kind!

So where was I?

We had pulled up to our venue and Mike took some photos of us outside and in the car. I stood waiting to enter as calm as anything. I had been so chilled out all morning and even hearing the music start as my brother walked my mum down the aisle didn't have me panicking. Next to enter was my bridesmaid and flower girl and then me and my dad. I walked in and looked at Robert right away, he was crying! AHHHH. I had to compose myself and little and held it in. At the end of the aisle Senga Ishaq our Humanist Celebrant was waiting to marry us. Our ceremony had to be the best part of the day. It was so personal and relaxed. Everyone has been raving about it since. We did hand fasting and did our own vows. Senga also wrote a poem about us using answers to questions we had given her privately. What a laugh.

After the ceremony everyone followed us outside for a group photograph before heading back in for our drinks reception. We had canapés and drinks and I really enjoyed this bit spending a lot of time talking to our guests. Mike took us away for a wee while for our group shots but had us back with our guests really quickly. We were not hungry so didn't even getto enjoy the canapés! I had a glass of fizz, first time I've touched alcohol for years and it went straight to my head hehe.

We cut our cake before dinner which was made by Lynsey at Custom Cakes. I had given her a vague idea of what we wanted and boy did she deliver. Loved our NYC themed cake and it tasted amazing. The layers were Red Velvet, Lemon and Vanilla. Again I couldn't recommend Lynsey enough. A wee photo of our cake attached... More to come.

Awwww congratulations! Your pictures are stunning and loving your report

Your photos look amazing, especially the one outside with the building all lit up at night. Stunning.

Your cake looks brilliant too. Is your topper ceramic or edible?? (it's a bit discussion point with my family at the moment).

Can't wait to hear more.

Hey Stewby, the topper was edible although I didn't eat it!

Anyway after the cake was cut we headed through to the Oval Room at HFAL to chill out for a few minutes whilst our guests sat for dinner. Was great to get a chance to catch up and spend a few moments together alone. We walked into the room to Jay Z - Empire State of Mind and started with the speeches. My dad went first, he isn't much of a talker so I was nervous about his speech. It was short but very sweet and meaningful and I was chuffed he did one. Robert was next, he is an excellent public speaker and his speech was very thoughtful and funny! His best man was his dad and his speech again was very funny and he had lots of good stories about Robert's childhood! I spoke last and cried through it (jeez!!) and ended my speech with a birthday cake being presented to Robert and the whole room singing him Happy Birthday for the day before! Big shock to him which I had organised with HFAL!

We sat down to dinner which was tomato and red lentil soup to start, Braised Rump of Beef with saute potatoes, onions, red cabbage and a pink peppercorn sauce. For pudding we had while chocolate parfait and tea, coffee and tablet to finish. The meal was amazing although I wasn't particularly hungry so hardly ate!

Here's a wee photo of the post box my dad made for us! He is so talented.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1901511_10205879202963041_3214637235763572660_n.jpg  

Woops. Really need to finish this off but here is a link to our official wedding photographs http://mikecookphotography.smugmug.com/Weddings-1/Hannah--Robert/ password is "toohill". Mike has done an amazing job, we couldn't be happier with them! I urge everyone to book Mike, fantastic photographer!