Thread: When to go dress shopping??

Default When to go dress shopping??

Hi, I'm getting married in April 2016 and was wondering when I should go dress shopping? Any good suggestions as to where to go in Glasgow? No clue about styles or anything either xxx

Hello I'm gettinmarried in May and I went shopping end of February 2014. Don't worry about styles just go with an open mind and you will soon discover what suits you and what you like. I went with a style in my mind and it just didn't suit me and ended up with a style I wanted to avoid lol. I got my dress from Juilettes in Paisley and he experience was just amazing service was excellent, the only one I went to in Glasgow was angelic lamount but wasn't as personal because they don't operate an appointment system. My cousin got her dress from Anne Priscilla in Glasgow and the service was amazing. The wedding store in Motherwell was also really good. xx

Oh thank you so much! I think I'll make some appointments soon. Just needed some reassurance that I wasnt going too early. I'm just soooo excited and can't wait to try some on! Not long now for you ***128513; xxx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Just you go whenever you want to! I get married in May and I have had my wedding dress for almost 2 years! I still love it like the first time when I see it! It's hanging up in my spare room...no idea why I haven't had it on 100 times! LOL Good Luck x
    Friday 1st May 2015

Eeeek!!!! May is defo not far away! I'm goin to go on Saturday and try some different styles on! I'm so excited! Thanks for the advice - ure totally right. Whatever suits each individual xxx

I'm getting married in May 2016 and I have my first appointments booked for mid march which was the first date that my all my bridesmaids could meet. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer just whenever you feel is the right time! I certainly don't feel like it's too early so go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmacintyretobe View Post
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer just whenever you feel is the right time!
    I couldn't agree more! I started shopping with just over a year to go and bought the dress with just under a year to go. I was luck that I found my dress in the fourth shop!

Hi wifeymclean,

Maybe you could search on our directory if you haven't found anything yet? Here's the link: http://www.scottishweddingdirectory....nd--south-west

Good luck!

Steph@SWD