Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favours

Super Senior Member

We are having a sweetie buffet for favours, and I made wee wine glass charms too for the day guests. Well, I say I made them, my sister actually made them cos it was too fiddly for me! Ive made ones with a butterfly charm on them, blue beads and in a wee navy organza bag with a tag saying our names and wedding date. Got enough to make 100 charms and it only cost me about 28!

Just ordered my jam jars for my favours, hopefully it'll stop raining for more than 5 minutes now so i can go and pick my fruit!

I am make cards for a hobby so I have a machine which you can buy the emboss and die cut the image for the sizzix machine I have already. Just need to buy the plate.
    http://www.sizzix.co.uk/idea/444

Then we were talking about what to put in them I came up with truffle and making them myself h2b said no to that idea. But he liked the truffle idea after some research I found thorntons does truffles by trays.

http://www.thorntons.co.uk/Thorntons...olate%20Trays/

Hope this helps!

x

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Just ordered my jam jars for my favours, hopefully it'll stop raining for more than 5 minutes now so i can go and pick my fruit!
    Please let me know how you get on with this!

We are (hopefully - nothing booked yet) having our reception/meal/dancing at a fruit farm (basically a big shed which we can decorate ourselves) and thought I might go and pick some fruit from the farm in the weeks leading up to the wedding and make a couple of vats of jam and pot it with labels for the favours - jam made from fruit of wedding venue kind of thing?

What shape small jars did you get? I like the square ones @ jamjarshop, but can't find really small round ones anywhere (like the ones you might get in a hotel).

So, please keep me posted!

Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by loveheart View Post
    Please let me know how you get on with this!

We are (hopefully - nothing booked yet) having our reception/meal/dancing at a fruit farm (basically a big shed which we can decorate ourselves) and thought I might go and pick some fruit from the farm in the weeks leading up to the wedding and make a couple of vats of jam and pot it with labels for the favours - jam made from fruit of wedding venue kind of thing?

What shape small jars did you get? I like the square ones @ jamjarshop, but can't find really small round ones anywhere (like the ones you might get in a hotel).

So, please keep me posted!

Xxx
    I recieved my jam jars yesterday and they're perfect! I got the mini round jam jars, they also do mini faceted and hexagonall jars aswell but I liked the round ones. Think they hold about 1.5oz here's the link:

http://www.jamjarshop.com/buy/roundjamjar15oz/

I think they're just the right size for favours, i think if theyre any bigger people will leave them behind! let me know how you get on!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kaz68 View Post
    Hi

What is everyone having for their favours? Are you making them yourselves?

I'm trying to think of something nice, but simple to make and fairly cheap!

Look forward to hearing what you're all doing

K x
    I am getting a personalised place card with our names and date of the wedding, and attached to it will be a cancer research ribbon. My h2b lost his sister to cancer 2 years ago and I lost my papa April this year (he was giving me away) - so it's a keep sake for our guests plus we are donating to a charity that is close to our hearts. I found the link via an advert on Facebook - and you can get the link from Cancer Research Uk website.

I recieved my jam jars yesterday and they're perfect! I got the mini round jam jars, they also do mini faceted and hexagonall jars aswell but I liked the round ones. Think they hold about 1.5oz here's the link:

http://www.jamjarshop.com/buy/roundjamjar15oz/

I think they're just the right size for favours, i think if theyre any bigger people will leave them behind! let me know how you get on!
    Aw love the jars! That's fab! I had been thinking that in order to save some cash, I could have bought lots of baby food/meat paste/similar and empty them (yuck), wash, sterilise and refill with my jam - however I had a look at them in the supermarket yesterday and they all have the safety pop lid things - so that's not ideal. I love the ones above, but I was just trying to get them cheaper than 66p a jar as I think I'd want to give a jar to all my day guests - 100, then have a basket out on the table as you go in and have more for my night guests if they wanted some - so maybe another 100 plus waxed seals, posh label, fabric for the lids plus the cost of the fruit, sugar and cooking it!

Have you been to get your fruit and made your jam yet? I made strawberry jam last week - yum! I just used strawberries (2lb unhulled, 1.75lb hulled and 1kg jam sugar).

What are you doing for labels and are you putting waxed seals in and fabric over the lids etc? Keep me posted with how you're getting on! When is the wedding? How many mini pots of jam are you making?

Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by loveheart View Post
    Aw love the jars! That's fab! I had been thinking that in order to save some cash, I could have bought lots of baby food/meat paste/similar and empty them (yuck), wash, sterilise and refill with my jam - however I had a look at them in the supermarket yesterday and they all have the safety pop lid things - so that's not ideal. I love the ones above, but I was just trying to get them cheaper than 66p a jar as I think I'd want to give a jar to all my day guests - 100, then have a basket out on the table as you go in and have more for my night guests if they wanted some - so maybe another 100 plus waxed seals, posh label, fabric for the lids plus the cost of the fruit, sugar and cooking it!

Have you been to get your fruit and made your jam yet? I made strawberry jam last week - yum! I just used strawberries (2lb unhulled, 1.75lb hulled and 1kg jam sugar).

What are you doing for labels and are you putting waxed seals in and fabric over the lids etc? Keep me posted with how you're getting on! When is the wedding? How many mini pots of jam are you making?

Xxx
    Haven't made my jam yet, i need to try and find the time to go and pick them! I want to make raspberry jam so think they're just coming into season. My weddings not until April but I wanted to make the jam with fruit ive picked so need to do it now! Im just giving the jam pots to the female guests so only need about 40ish. My dress is lace so was planning to buy some cheap offcuts from a heberdashery shop to cover the lids and then secure them over the lids with some personalised ribbon. I think you can just use greasproof paper cut into discs for the top of the jam ( I think this is what my Grampa used to do) which is fiddly but saves you a bit of money. Not sure what im doing for labels, ill either attach wee tags to the ribbon or use a glass marker to write on the glass. When is your wedding? xx

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    That's what I'm doing, wee cellophane bags with two heart shaped bits of tablet and a printed ribbon, saves making tags if you get the ribbon printed with your names and dates.

x
    We're having wee individual home-made chocolate orange flavoured cupcakes as our favours. Thinking about putting them in wee cellophane bags and tying with ribbon. Any ideas where to get the cellophane bags (would need around 80 and don't want to pay too much!!)

Any help would be much appreciated x

ebay lol
    30th September 2011

Haven't made my jam yet, i need to try and find the time to go and pick them! I want to make raspberry jam so think they're just coming into season. My weddings not until April but I wanted to make the jam with fruit ive picked so need to do it now! Im just giving the jam pots to the female guests so only need about 40ish. My dress is lace so was planning to buy some cheap offcuts from a heberdashery shop to cover the lids and then secure them over the lids with some personalised ribbon. I think you can just use greasproof paper cut into discs for the top of the jam ( I think this is what my Grampa used to do) which is fiddly but saves you a bit of money. Not sure what im doing for labels, ill either attach wee tags to the ribbon or use a glass marker to write on the glass. When is your wedding? xx
    Oooh I love your ideas - I love the idea of just writing straight onto the glass - I used to do glass painting so should (hopefully) find that quite easy! I made labels for my own jam the other week, but they got grubby really quickly so I was thinking I could put labels on and then stick a bit of sticky backed plastic over the label to protect it?

We are having our reception at a strawberry farm and our theme is strawberries so we are getting some Cath Kidston strawberry fabric and some matching colour plain ribbon to cover the jars. I LOVE the idea of the lace to go with your dress - that's lovely.

We are getting married next July and having strawberry jam, so I will make a couple of big vats next July when the strawberries come into season at the start of the month - I still need to decide if I give favours to the men or not, I am actually tempted just to give one each to the women now you've said that.

I can't wait to hear how your jam making goes!

Xxx

I'm thinking of homemade tablet for favours. Never made it before though...plenty of time to practice though....

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsC-2be View Post
    I'm thinking of homemade tablet for favours. Never made it before though...plenty of time to practice though....
    i'm having this too.....not trusting myself to make it though, getting a girl in the office who has a great reputation for her tablet to make it for me
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

Mrs Ashcroft to be

I did the cellophane wrap with black and pink ribbons and a pink "label" with black writing. They had tablet in it which I had made myself. They turned out well but were for my engagement party... not getting married til 2013 but starting to think about stocking up on materials i.e card/ribbon etc as i'm going to try making my invites and favours. I'm not very creative so think the internet will be my saving grace but I am a nursery teacher so dont mind getting messy with glue/paint etc. Any ideas?

Charlene