Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favours

Default Favours

Hi

What is everyone having for their favours? Are you making them yourselves?

I'm trying to think of something nice, but simple to make and fairly cheap!

Look forward to hearing what you're all doing

K x

I made my own Favours & they were quite cheap. I got the wee bags from ebay, Printed the lables with card my mum had, got the wee Jems from hobbycraft and the strawberry bonbons from bookers cash and carry think all in for 110 favours it cost me bout 35-45.
    what were u thinking for your favours?
    Mrs C 2B

We're doing some home made tablet in favour boxes with tags - very cheap and simple.

I managed to get a bargain with 60 organza favour bags brand new on ebay.I am filling these with love hearts for the evening guests.for the daytime I am only giving the ladies a favour box each which i am decorating myself with ribbon and tags.thse cost me 99p for 25 again on ebay. I am filling them with ivory chocolate hearts which cost me 7 for 500

Hiya

Going for the home made tablet option and personlised boxes, got lovely ones from paperlace in edinburgh, much cheaper to buy online than instore.

Lindsay

We're giving all our guests 10 pence mixtures that we're going to make up with sweets form our childhood!. They'll cost more than 10p each but they will still work out relatively cheap and should provide a good talking point. We're also giving everyone a packet of space dust (popping candy)!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl View Post
    We're giving all our guests 10 pence mixtures that we're going to make up with sweets form our childhood!. They'll cost more than 10p each but they will still work out relatively cheap and should provide a good talking point. We're also giving everyone a packet of space dust (popping candy)!
    Heh heh space dust...now thats a blast from the past. What a great idea. H2b was quite keen on 10p mix-ups for favours but i went a wee bit bridezilla coz i wanted my friendship survival kits (i won):-))) but then i felt a bit bad so we came up with the idea of making up a "hangover cure bag" for everyone leaving at night. Def going to put wee mini cans of irn bru but tbh am struggling to find other things to add. I've asked all my friends what their personal hangover cures were for some ideas but i got replys like roll n sausage, kebeb etc so thats obviously not gony happen... The obvious thing would be paracetamol but i would be too scared to put that in the bag just in case a shild picked one up n thought it was a sweetie!!! If any1 can think of anything i would be very glad to hear your ideas. Mrs McD2b-x-
    Donna & Jim - 20th August 2011

www.donna-and-jim.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

We're having old fashioned boiled sweets from Glickmans on London Road (by the Barras). Himself now has about five bottles of whisky from weddings that he wont drink so I'm loathe to waste money on booze that wont get drunk and candles etc start to become so expensive when you consider how many we'd need, even with only 80 coming. So I'm thinking sherbet lemons and strawberries, rhubarb and custards and other such joys that will stave off dinner while the speeches are going on

jenx

I'm making my own favours in a bid to save some money but by god its a pain in the tonsils! I am a fairly arty type but they just seems never ending. The thigns we do ladies!!

Jx

I have made a donation the BHF and got all day guests a BHF pin, my grandad passed away a few years ago with a heart problem so thought it would be a nice thing for my nana in his memory. I'm puting the pins in little satin bags and made lables for them saying "a donantion has been made on your behalf to the British Heart Foundation" x

i was thinking of maybe using cellophane bags instead of organza bags for favours and tying it up with ribbon and a wee label

That's what I'm doing, wee cellophane bags with two heart shaped bits of tablet and a printed ribbon, saves making tags if you get the ribbon printed with your names and dates.

x
    Friday 13th May, 2011

We are making up cd's which should be fairly cheap. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could present these? xxx
    4th June 2011

I could be wrong but can you not get printed labels for CD's, perhaps with a favourite photo of the two of you?

Yeah im trying to find someone who will do them but not doing very well. Does anyone know where i can get these? Looking for the labels to go right over the cd with our photo on them, i like the idea of having a pic of when we were 17 and 18 as it's going to have all our fave songs on right from them until now. just now but not having much luck. Im thinking i might pop them in wee organza bags or those soft clear covers with diamantes and ribbon but my first hurdle is to try and get the labels. If anyone can help id be most grateful! Im desperate to start with these! xxx
    Last edited by weebanker; 23-06-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    4th June 2011

Also, are any of you doing something similar? xxx
    4th June 2011

My H2B came up with the idea for the favours. We're naming all the tables after towns in the county he's from and he wants to have photos of the "Welcome to xxx" signs as the table name signs. So we decided to match this with different favours on the tables - something from each town. Started off quite easy - a stick of rock from the seaside, a 1 bet on the dog racing, football team keyrings, some wee pots of jam (on the granny table!) etc. But kind of run out of ideas now and we've still got a few tables to decide on. And I'm kind of losing the motivation to keep driving round Essex picking these things up!!

We're giving Ayrshire Hospice lottery tickets in memory of my dad x

Im thinking of making wee pots of jam, you can order wee jars from the jamjarshop and pick the fruit from east yonderton farm (near Glasgow airport) and im going to use my Grampa's recipe. Just waiting for the fruit to come into season now!

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weebanker View Post
    Yeah im trying to find someone who will do them but not doing very well. Does anyone know where i can get these? Looking for the labels to go right over the cd with our photo on them, i like the idea of having a pic of when we were 17 and 18 as it's going to have all our fave songs on right from them until now. just now but not having much luck. Im thinking i might pop them in wee organza bags or those soft clear covers with diamantes and ribbon but my first hurdle is to try and get the labels. If anyone can help id be most grateful! Im desperate to start with these! xxx
    hi there! i made cds for my bestfriends wedding favours 2 years ago! i got the kit called cd romper form pc world.... gives u a wee gadjet to sit the sticker on and then u sit the cd on top press down and hey presto!! as for the cd stickers they are available at pc world and most computer shops.. i dont think they are too expensive... we had them in wee clear slip in cases and i made a song list for the back..... everyone in the bridal party picked a song inc parents and its so nice to listen to and think aaaw that song is the best mans song etc......... i enjoyed doing it, but hassle after hassle with the cds..... we bought expensive ones and it kept jumping and wouldnt play on certain cd players... eventually bought cheapo blank cds from asda and they worked perfectly!!!! is a fab idea for favours but can be quite time consuming...... i know guests at the wedding that still listen to the cds

good luck
    xxx
    Roll on 30th June 2012

Hi all! Everone sounds like they've been busy bees! I'm making everything myself too- I need to know that it is all up to standard! lol!
    I'm doing hand painted champagne flute favours with one of those wee charms you put round the bottom of the stem, (heart shape), & they'll be used in the toast & put in organza bags to take home. Also making invitations, place cards, table plan etc too!
    I've only got 9 months now til the big day so I'm getting organised now to save stress nearer the time! lol!
    Hope everone is organised and having fun! Debs xx

Hi,

I'm making fudge and have bought organza material to make bags, got it a few weeks ago from Dunelm Mill, was in their sale for 99p a metre so got 10 metres for 10 and the fudge should cost me approx 25 max to make.

Bought some ribbon from Confetti with our names and date of the wedding printed on and will use this to tie the bags.

Got a great plan, when my hubby to be is away on his stag night will get my friends around to cut out the bags from the material and help me keep my mind off whatever him and his friends are getting up to in Newcastle, a good night with friends and free labour.

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

We're buying 100 lottery tickets and presenting them in orange scrolls tied with ivory ribbon, to match out colour theme. Undecided on what charity to go with as there are a few close to my heart. We wanted to keep the favours simple.
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

nearlymrsT

I'm thinking of getting the Grans to make tablet. I think they would appreciate being involved in the preparations. The other would either be welsh cakes (made by me and mum) or mini welsh lovespoons, which il order online, they are only 1-2 each.

H2B is scottish and i'm welsh so we are using that as a sort of theme.
    I've joked that i'm going to name our long top table
    'llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysili ogogogoch'
    xx
    Last edited by nearlymrsT; 20-07-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelt it wrong.lol.can u blame me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Strachan to be View Post
    hi there! i made cds for my bestfriends wedding favours 2 years ago! i got the kit called cd romper form pc world.... gives u a wee gadjet to sit the sticker on and then u sit the cd on top press down and hey presto!! as for the cd stickers they are available at pc world and most computer shops.. i dont think they are too expensive... we had them in wee clear slip in cases and i made a song list for the back..... everyone in the bridal party picked a song inc parents and its so nice to listen to and think aaaw that song is the best mans song etc......... i enjoyed doing it, but hassle after hassle with the cds..... we bought expensive ones and it kept jumping and wouldnt play on certain cd players... eventually bought cheapo blank cds from asda and they worked perfectly!!!! is a fab idea for favours but can be quite time consuming...... i know guests at the wedding that still listen to the cds

good luck
    xxx
    Ooh thanks for that tip MrsStrachan2b! I'll look into that! xxx
    4th June 2011