Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr and Mrs M - 12th December 2014

Senior Platinum Member

Default Mr and Mrs M - 12th December 2014

Well after almost 2 years of planning my husband and I finally tied the knot on the 12th December.

I haven't been on since before the wedding as the last week was a bit hectic and we have been enjoying the festivities. But after getting a sneak preview of our pictures I thought I would come on to let you all know how it went and share a wee picture

We had the most amazing day it was perfect in every way imaginable we even got snow! There was definitely someone looking down on us!

I will be back soon and write our full report hopefully before we fly off on honeymoon on the 3rd of January but until then here is a wee teaser
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Beautiful, congratulations and can't wait to read the rest x

Super Senior Member

gorgeous picture hun, cant wait for more pics and your report! have a great honeymoon xx

Beautiful picture! Congratulations xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations, you look stunning x x

So glad you got snow! Looking forward to your full report! Congratulations Mrs M! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Wow quite a good bit of snow. Love the picturw. Cant wait for your report xxx

Super Senior Member

Congratulations! Your picture looks magical. have a lovely honeymoon! X

Super Senior Member

Congratulations! xxx

Platinum Member

That is a stunning pic! Soooo jealous you had snow lol, thats my dream!

Congratulations! Gorgeous picture

Platinum Member

Desperate to read your report, hope you find time to do it soon sparklebride! xxx

gorgeous photo with the snow ! xxx

Senior Platinum Member

Thanks everyone! I keep meaning to get on and get my report done so I'm on it this morning ! I will post it as soon as I've written it all up. xx

Senior Platinum Member

Default The Night Before...

The whole week leading up to the wedding the weather had been horrendous. The rain hadnít stopped and if was just miserable! Then a couple of days before, the temperature started to drop, I started to think I may get my dream of a nice cold frosty morning.

Then night before, on my way to The Vu, two cars full of centre pieces, favours and overnight bags, snow had started to fall, thick and fast! Thatís when it really started to sink in and my ultimate dream was actually looking to becoming reality!

The whole journey there, there had been no sign of snow anywhere. Just horrible rain, until we reached a small town about 15 minutes away. I cried with excitement the rest of the journey and couldnít wait to arrive to share my excitement as I was travelling alone with my dad following behind. The first thing I done was check the weather to make sure it wasnít going anywhere! The girl helping us unpack must have thought I was mad as I was literally dancing around unloading the car.

The way home we ended up being stuck in traffic and I was 1 hour late for my beauty appointment and I ended up only having enough time to get my waxing and nails done (you would have thought they would have just popped a polis on my toes, but nope, so unhelpful! That wasnít going to dampen my mood; I just wonít be back there again lol). My mum had also managed to get the last part of my gift for B from the sorting office (my boudoir album). So I needed to quickly get a taxi to Bís mums to drop off his box. I had a cheeky Blue WKD in his mumís room while he was in the next room, being sure not to see each other while I waited for my taxi to get home.

The flowers were delivered to my mums while I was out and we were 1 button hole short, we managed to contact the florist who was happy to make another one (although it should have been there and was paid for) my dad arranged to collect it first thing in the morning. Phew lol! Apart from this and our Videographer being stuck in Ireland I think they were the only things that didn't really go to plan. We had originally booked Derek Sweeney but due to the bad weather his boat wasn't able to set sail and he needed to arrange a replacement, Graham MacKay, I actually think this turned out in our favour lol. But Derek is still to do all the editing for our DVD which I'm hoping should be with us in the next week or so. I just thought Iíd point out here to anyone thatís booked Derek Sweeney Ė Ultimate Moments, that he actually stays in Ireland, I think if Iíd have known that I would probably have chosen someone else and it was just our luck he wasn't able to make it over, but definitely something to consider as I donít think its stated on his Facebook or website.

When I eventually arrived home to my mum, dad and bridesmaid I could finally put my feet up and relax knowing everything was now out of my control, and I would finally be marrying my best friend the next day!

My Fairy God Mother popped in with a beautiful bracelet for me. My Bridesmaid also put together a lovely box for me with face masks, my garter, a horse shoe, marriage certificate holder and some other wee things. I also gave her, her gift. A lovely friendship bracelet bubbles and an outfit for the morning bit her name. I had also made my mum, flower girls and my god mother one of these too. Then my mum talked me into opening a bottle of Moet. I was adamant I only wanted tea as I didn't want a hangover, but I suppose 1 glass didn't hurt lol. I think it was midnight when we went to bed and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow!

Senior Platinum Member

Each of the gifts were wrapped and read the following...

Pocket Watch - So you're there on time
    Miniature - to calm your nerves
    T-shirt - So you know who's the boss
    Socks - So you don't get cold feet
    Hankie ( were replaces with personalised groom handkerchief) - just in case you get a bit emotional
    Mints - for a fresh first kiss
    hip Flask - To fill up for Dutch courage before your speech
    Deodorant - So you don't sweat in case I'm running late
    Boudoir Album - For your eyes only
    Boxers - So everyone knows your mines

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Groom Box.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	13076

Love your report,your grooms gift box is great! Can I ask where you got his pocket watch? Looks lovely!x

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kellsbells View Post
    Love your report,your grooms gift box is great! Can I ask where you got his pocket watch? Looks lovely!x
    Thanks Kellsbells, I got the pocket watch from Chapelle Jewellery at Livingston Outlet I had a look on-line and they are actually on offer although they don't seem to do the silver ones any more.

http://www.chapelle.co.uk/catalogsea...vance&dir=desc

Senior Platinum Member

Default The Morning...

I was woken by my mum to head for a bath while my dad was away to collect the last button hole at about half 7. I was still drying my hair when Kylie (The Aisle) arrived to start the hairs. I think I went second so I could enjoy my omelette, Iím so glad I ate something but donít think I could have managed much more!

My flower girls arrived shortly followed by Carla Gordon out MUA. I managed to find a silver nail polish and painted my toes while I was waiting to get my makeup done! I also done my wee grans make up then Graham MacKay the Videographer arrived, I think he got some of us in full swing getting ready then headed upstairs to get some of the dresses.

Next to arrive was the fantastic Robert and Elaine from View Photography. It wasnít until they arrived I actually started to get excited and it was time to get my dress on! Hair, make-up and dress on we got a few photos in the house before the cars pulled up. The morning didnít go as quickly as I thought but before I knew it, it was time to leave for the chapel!

Everyone was ready and looking beautiful after a bit of stressing from my mum! She was a bit of a nightmare but she is most of the time anyway so no-one let it bother them lol!

My dad and I were left for 5 minutes before we needed to leave. It was good to get some time to us and we had a cheeky glass of champagne and my dad filled his hip flask with the rest as he didnít have anything else in the house to fill it up with lol.

Once we get our images on disk I will post the ones from each point xxx

Senior Platinum Member

When we arrived at the chapel I was surprisingly clam. We fixed my dress, touched up my lippie, had a quick chat to the priest and it was time to go.

My dad put my veil over my head and my stomach started to do summer-saults as the amazing Amarone started playing their instrumental version of 1000 Years. I can remember actually laughing with my dad walking down the aisle as my veil kept catching on my eye lashes then when I saw B turn around I started to tear up, although I managed to compose myself. The chapel was freezing and so was B but I was just shaking with excitement, nerves and adrenalin! It felt like B and I were the only 2 people in the place and the ceremony really seemed to go so quickly. Apart from not being able to get B’s ring on his finger everything went perfectly and that was it we were married!

We had booked Amarone music through Siobhan_Flute on the forum and they were amazing! The combination of flute, violin and guitar was stunning. They really didn’t make it easy trying to decide on my music as all of their work is fabulous! They played a number of pieces for our guests arriving along with all our chosen hymns and my set music for my entrance, signing of the register and recessional. I should also add Siobhan had just had her baby like the week before! You can clearly tell this is a great passion of hers and she really went over and above! Even arranging a rehearsal with my cousin, who was leading our hymns. If you are looking for a something a bit different I wouldn’t think twice about recommending Siobhan! Xx

We hadn’t planned it but we sort of ended up having a line up at the back of the chapel. Where we said hi and I hugged everyone as they were leaving for the bus. B and I then got a few pictures (one is actually my favourite, I’ll post it soon) and got some with B’s gran as she couldn’t make the reception due to the distance and needed to be there for B’s ill uncle.

Senior Platinum Member

We got our wedding highlights last night from Derek Sweeney at Ultimate Moments. As I mentioned before it was Graeme MacKay who recorded our day after Derek was unable to travel over from Ireland. All communication on the lead up to the wedding with Derek was great. Although due to us both having busy schedules, we never actually got to meet to go over our day. So all communication was done via facebook, which suited me. I've still to watch the DVD but from the highlights I'm sure the final DVD will be great.

On the day Graeme was fantastic, and from the highlights he has captured moments I didn't realise he had! He was that discreet I was disheartened we wouldn't get to view us getting our pictures as he hadn't been there. To be told by our Photographers (View Photography) he was there the whole time! So yeah, if anyone is looking for a Videographer I'd pop Graeme a message!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ht5hVF6qU

Aww amazing highlights :-) you look stunning and so happy! Xx

Senior Platinum Member

The journey to The Vu took about 40 mins and it also seemed to fly in. I was a little gutted as I had just assumed we would get a wee glass of wine or something but they don’t do that anymore, something to consider if you’re using The Vu’s cars. If I’d have known that I would have arranged a bottle for us and for the rest of our wedding party in the limo. They made the most of the guy’s hip flask along with my dad’s Moet haha! I had some of B’s Southern Comfort. Our photographers arrived just in front of us, and one of the girls from The Vu welcomed us with a glass of bubbly and we were drove straight up to get our photographs taken. To give you an example of how discreet and good our Videographer was; I was worried we wouldn’t be able to see the laugh we had taking our pictures as he wasn’t when we arrived, to be told he was actually there the whole time! I wish I could remember our co-ordinators name as she was fantastic, helping me with my dress and hiding behind me on the pier to ensure my veil and dress didn’t blow into the water! Having the snow still lying really was only something I could ever have dreamed of, I mean really, what’s the chances! I definitely think someone was looking down on us both that day!

I was just soo happy, and never complained once about the cold, although it was absolutely freezing and I’d left my fur shrug with my mum, so I just braved it. B was feeling the cold too but the pictures are soo worth it! I would definitely recommend having a good connection with your photographer as you do spend a bit of time with them. Robert and Elaine are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met! They are just so genuine lovely people, really capturing the moment! Robert was even lying in the snow at one point.

Senior Platinum Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBX_2978.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	13687
    spraying some perfume before we left
    Last edited by sparklebride12; 10-11-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Senior Platinum Member

Attachment 13683
    kisses from my wee niece
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBL_4068.jpg   EBX_2964.jpg   EBX_3017-2.jpg  
    Last edited by sparklebride12; 10-11-2015 at 12:33 PM.