Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: My homemade Save the Date cards - can I handle doing full invites??

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default My homemade Save the Date cards - can I handle doing full invites??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1908478_10204212739133685_4389102174541212434_n.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	12932 My DIY save the dates. Made 45 of them for day guests (one per couple/family), in all they cost me 39 (will need to top printer ink up now, but didn't actually by any ink to make these). I put them in with Christmas cards to save on postage (the stamps cost me 30 but I would have sent christmas cards anyway). I love crafty projects, and although they do have a 'homemade' feel, I quite like that and I'm proud of myself Do we think I'll cope with the actual invites, or should I splash out on professional ones? Be honest....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10383636_10204212739333690_1279082008501381536_n.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	12933

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10868027_10204212738493669_7828339189697028533_n.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	12934

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10881804_10204212738853678_1356327823980414803_n.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	12935

  5. #5
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    They're lovely. Well done! I wish I was crafty but i also don't have the patience lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member loobyloolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    427

    Default

    They're lovely. If you have time (I mean in life, I see you have time until wedding), then definitely make your own. Your STDs (lol) are lovely and you'll save yourself so much money by doing your own. X

  7. #7
    Super Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Well done you!! I admire any DIY-ers. I am so uncreative! x

  8. #8
    Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stirling
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    They're fab, well done! I did all my own stationery and I'm warning you that if you are going to do them, make sure you give yourself plenty of time! I end up having to get my inserts done at the printer because my printer at home was chewing the card up and the print wasn't quite right etc. So just make sure you leave time and a wee bit of budget just in case! but yeah, no reason why you can't do them yourself though, go for it! x
    Friday 1st May 2015

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    283

    Default

    They are great. I wasn't happy with mine but sent anyway. Think that's why I'm so anal about getting the invites perfected.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    They're fab, well done! I did all my own stationery and I'm warning you that if you are going to do them, make sure you give yourself plenty of time! I end up having to get my inserts done at the printer because my printer at home was chewing the card up and the print wasn't quite right etc. So just make sure you leave time and a wee bit of budget just in case! but yeah, no reason why you can't do them yourself though, go for it! x
    I'm really excited about making invites, but a little anxious about making them look professional. I'm planning a grey coloured pocket fold invite with the natural brown recycled card I used for the save the dates.

  11. #11
    Senior Member littleteapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Bonnybridge
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Well done you! They look great! I did DIY save the dates (not as complex as yours - just a stamp and some luggage tags), but wasn't brave enough to do it with the invitations. Good luck! I'm sure they'll look fab.

    P.S. What an amazing engagement ring! So sparkly!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kilmarnock
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post
    Well done you! They look great! I did DIY save the dates (not as complex as yours - just a stamp and some luggage tags), but wasn't brave enough to do it with the invitations. Good luck! I'm sure they'll look fab.

    P.S. What an amazing engagement ring! So sparkly!
    Thank you so much! I like sparkly

    We'll see how the invites go. If they don't look good I won't be using them!

    P.S Is the sunflower bouquet what you're having at your wedding? It's beautiful.

  13. #13
    Senior Member littleteapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Bonnybridge
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NearlyMrsHunter View Post
    P.S Is the sunflower bouquet what you're having at your wedding? It's beautiful.
    Hopefully! I stole that picture from google for now, but I definitely want sunflowers and thistles. The picture is good inspiration!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •