Thread: 2018 Bride

Default 2018 Bride

Me and my other half got engaged in October and have booked our venue for May 2018 at Ingliston Country Club. We are using the time to save. Is there any other 2018 brides out there? When is best to start booking other things as im afraid to things too early xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Congratulations! It's a really exciting time and you'll love every moment of it! I would say to wait at least a year or so before you start querying things but we also say it's never too early! LOL The one thing I would say you should do is check and see what your venue's rules and regulations are. This will help if there's anything you need to know before you start organising. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with looking! Just try to pace yourself because we've had a 3 year engagement and it doesn't start feeling real until about a year to go! You'll have so much to organise in a short space of time, so anything you can get done in advance helps.

Make sure you give yoruself time to enjoy organising! It's a real buzz when you finally start to see things fall into place, even the smallest detail is exciting! I just got excited about buying my wedding shoes yesterday!! LOL also make sure you keep up with the forum! These people are hidden treasures! xxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

i would start looking around for your photographers and videographers bands etc... these really get booked up quickly, so if you start looking around now and finding which one suits you best then you can enquire, we have had our photographer and videographer , piper and wedding decor booked for 2 years now and we dont get married until next year xxx

If you are thinking of getting a band I would start looking as early as possible the band we wanted was fully booked and that was 2 years to go x

Hellooooooooo.

I am an April 2018 bride. I thought we were the only ones leaving such a large gap between the engagement and wedding (we are using the time to save as well).

I am a bit of a planner so have been looking at everything already. I fell in love with a venue (and once viewed OH has also agreed it is perfect) so we got in touch and it is booked.
    The woman that owns it is absolutely lovely and as the manager of the property owns a catering business, we are having her make our food.

I am looking at everything just now but am focussing on what I consider to be the three important things for our wedding... the venue and its appearance, the rings and the invites (our cake is being made by a family friend).
    Although I am getting distracted by all the pretty shiny stuff available, most recently is sparkly glasses for our drinks and cake toppers.

Hopefully there will be a few more 2018 turn up. Good luck with your wedding plans.

P.S: I would start asking around venues now. Because my venue is relatively new to doing weddings and have only had a few, they were happy to book us for April 2018. Not only that but they are giving me the venue at 2014 prices!!

I'm going to be a July 2018 bride, we booked our venue back in January. Like you - were using the time to save.. Although the 3 year wait is killing me! My venue gave us a good package, like DJ and cars, but I am itching to do more!

2018 bride also but haven't even booked the venue yet - we'll be having a Feb wedding though so I'm assuming things won't be fully booked for Feb! Been looking at venues online, viewed a few but haven't fallen in love with anywhere yet Hoping to have somewhere booked by the end of the year so we're just getting ideas etc together just now. Our engagement party is on Saturday so we're more concerned about that than anything else at the minute haha!

Hi,

We are getting married in Feb 2018 too. I've booked the venue, photographer, band and celebrant. Wanted to get the important things organised as we are having a wedding in Feb 2017 in Malaysia also, as that is where my future husband is from and there are so many family from both sides that wouldn't be able to make the trip. I'm dubbing them my Princes Jasmine and Snow White weddings! Starting to have a look now for dresses as my future mother-in-law was over visiting but didn't find anything.
    Happy planning!!

I am a July 2018 bride and also getting married at Ingliston country club. We have booked the venue, band and I have set up meetings with florist, photographers and cake people. I have two young kids so trying to be as organised as possible when I have time to.

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

My sister is June 2018 and she has a couple of things booked. We got engaged 2011 and married 2014. We booked big things right away like cars and photographer. If we came across a supplier we really liked we booked them. No point in waiting, a few suppliers we tried to book weren't free on our date and that was 2 years in advance! X

Wow you were organised! 😃

I'm a March 2018 bride. We're getting married in St Andrews In The Square which we booked in July 2015. Have also booked the photographer, band, humanist and piper. Still seems like miles away yet!

I'm a 5th May 2018 bride to be ❤️ So exciting!! Xx