Thread: Hair/make up trial

Platinum Member

Default Hair/make up trial

I have my trial at the weekend, pretty excited! But I'm not sure on my hair, I haven't decided on anything yet, i have a top 5 that i just cant decide between lol, ideally i wanted my hair half up half down with curls but my hair wont last the whole day/night & I also cant be bothered worrying about it, so once its up that'll be it & I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day.

How did you all decide? I'm hoping I sit in the chair & a sudden decision comes to me, I doubt it tho lol

I originally wanted my hair down with just the front pinned back but my sister reminded me that it was such a long day that it might look a bit straggly and messy by the end of the night. I also hate being too hot and was boiling at a dress fitting so decided to have my hair up to help keep me a bit cooler too (I know we got married in November but that dress made me roasting hot )
    as for finding the right style of "up to" I had about 30 styles on Pinterest most were quite similar so I jut showed my hair dresser and she worked out a style around my veil and tiara.
    im so glad I had all my hair up it did help keep me cool (especially during th ceilidh dancing), it was all out the way for the meal and it looked the same at the end of the night as it did at the beginning.
    good luck making the decision

Platinum Member

Yeah that way once its up its up & done & can forget it. My phone is full of pics lol, I kind of know what I want (maybe) but its the explaining it. I'm going to message the person later & send them the pics i like that way they have an idea before hand

Platinum Member

Trial has been & gone, loved it! My hair was fab & make up was so flawless I actually want to find an excuse to go get it done again before the big day

That's great news. Who did you go with Joanne? Any pics?xx

Infact was it kylie at the aisle? I've got mine with her thurs. Can't wait xx

Platinum Member

It was Kylie, she’s put a pic up on facebook this morning, I’m having it without the flower, I just happened to say how nice it would be with them. She was fab, she done my hair/make up before as well & really can not fault her

I booked Kylie too so glad to see good reviews!

Were you happy with the make up? Xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissGlou View Post
    I booked Kylie too so glad to see good reviews!

Were you happy with the make up? Xx
    I was, she done my birthday make up earlier in the year which I was also pleased with. She asked what look I wanted for the big day & spoke me through every step & asked what i prefered, if any changes. Really pleased with the look she created & she is so thorough & the make up she uses is fab, so jealous of it & all the brushes lol although I'd not have a clue what half of them are for

I had a nosey on their facebook, your hair looks AMAZING!! xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flowersunshinecakes View Post
    I had a nosey on their facebook, your hair looks AMAZING!! xx
    Aaw thankyou! I love it, I have managed (so far) not to like or comment on it as I didn’t want it flagging & visible on my friends newsfeed. She made it spot on to what I asked, so happy with it

Had a look on facebook too joannemc and looks brilliant. I've got my hair and make up trial tomorrow with Kylie. Sooo excited xx

Platinum Member

Thanks! Do you know what lool your going for?

I know I want to wear my hair up. Loose, elegant type! Got few pics to take with me. Make up, not too sure but I'm sure Kylie will help. Have you decided on your look?xx

Platinum Member

ooh Good Luck, let me know how you get on.

I went for quite a natural, flawless, smoky eye with bronze/gold instead of black with just a pale gloss as i never wear lipstick

Hey joannemc, trial went really well yesterday. Took my bridesmaid along too. We both loved our hair and make up. Kylie is amazing and think she will be good to have around on my wedding day. Very calming! So glad I found her! ��xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nearlymrandmrslamond View Post
    Hey joannemc, trial went really well yesterday. Took my bridesmaid along too. We both loved our hair and make up. Kylie is amazing and think she will be good to have around on my wedding day. Very calming! So glad I found her! ��xx
    Aaaw that's fab! So glad you liked it. Yes I get what you mean, I cant see her flapping if something doesn't go right. I cant wait to get mine done again, 8 weeks today

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nearlymrandmrslamond View Post
    Hey joannemc, trial went really well yesterday. Took my bridesmaid along too. We both loved our hair and make up. Kylie is amazing and think she will be good to have around on my wedding day. Very calming! So glad I found her! 😊xx
    Aaaw that's fab! So glad you liked it. Yes I get what you mean, I cant see her flapping if something doesn't go right. I cant wait to get mine done again, 8 weeks today

8 weeks. Oh my! Time will fly in. You must be so excited now. I've 4 months to go. You all set tho?xx

Platinum Member

Yeah pretty much, once Xmas is out the way it'll be bit more stress I think with getting all the wee final touches etc. what about yourself?

I'm getting there. After changing my colour scheme!! Bought new bridesmaid dresses. Just got the little things to sort now ��. Xx

Platinum Member

Hope the colour change went smoothly for you! It's the little things that seem to take forever lol