Thread: Wedding 11/10/2014 Moffat + Springkell!

Default Wedding 11/10/2014 Moffat + Springkell!

Hello all!

My wedding was now 4 1/2 weeks ago and now feels absolutely ages! But I wanted to write this now so I don't forget everything...! So here goes, it might be a long one!

Thursday

So, on the Thursday morning I went to work in Stirling, an hour commute from Glasgow at that time in the morning, and sat watching the clock for hours basically! I was so lucky as the boss wasn't around, so the cleaner said she'd cover for me if he came back, and I snuck away at 3pm... I knew my BM Katherine was flying in in the morning, and my H2B had taken the day off, so I was hoping he hadn't forgotten he was supposed to meet her! But, he didn't, he picked her up with coffee from Starbucks and they zoomed into town as she was getting her hair done (hilariously, she's in London and had bought a Groupon voucher to get a hair colour done in Cowcaddens, an area I would struggle to find my way around tbh, let alone her. She turned up, and it had cardboard boarding up some of the windows, they were all standing outside having a fag, and I think she had a panic attack as she thought she'd get some horrendous colour. However, they were great, it was a beautiful colour-although they stopped mid way through to go ask someone from Mrs Brown's Boys for an autograph haha. Thank god it ended up good, it could have been VERY different!). She then went to Debenhams to collect her BM dress and have it altered which the tailor said would take FOUR hours-he'd had it since August and hadn't touched it!! Meanwhile H2B went to Braehead to collect super glue for some of our menus that had fallen apart a bit and other items he could only get there, I can't remember now. We met up in Gumbo on Byres Rd as it was round the corner from where my dress was, Fabricated Alterations. Me and H2B collected the dress (with him trying to keep his eyes shut!!) and went to get Katherine from town, and the 3 of us had an amazing dinner at Gumbo (coincidentally we got engaged on h2bs bday a year earlier, so I had booked there for dinner that night, little knowing he was going to propose when we got home!)

My other BM flew in that night with her boyfriend, and we all drank champagne until late.

Friday

Friday myself and H2B were up from about 7am, not really getting a good night sleep. We got up at about 8.45 and had breakfast with my BMs, and I went to pack for our weekend. I have to admit that when I was packing I had a MAJOR freakout. I really didn't expect to, but I think I was so concerned that if I forgot something, it would mean having to travel from Moffat back up to Glasgow to get it, which we couldn't really do, so if I forgot it, it would need to be left out-and everything I had, I had planned to a T! So, me and my two BMs went to the west end retail park to get my BM lippie which she forgot, and we got 5 coffees for us and the boys to calm down...

Once we left, we arrived at my mum and dads house to MAYHEM-every member of my extended family seemed to be there, which should have been nice but as me and h2b needed to leave immediately to go collect our marriage license (the council's fault it was so last minute, not ours!) and set up the venue, 30 mins away, it was a bit of a nightmare. People gave us presents they wanted opening in front of them, and as I made cups of tea for my BMs, my mum shouted at me 'people have travelled a very long way to see you, go into the living room'. She gets very highly strung lets say, and constantly wants to impress 'the family' and I thought 'oh no, this is the start of a slippery slope...'

Me and H2b slinked away and ran to Springkell, where it was peace and quiet. We set up our table names, table places etc in our BEAUTIFUL room, it was really stunning all set up. Our table names were after Will Ferrell films (both fans!) and we had put pics from each film and a quote onto a little piece of card on each table. Some guests got it and thought it was hilarious, others hadn't a clue what or who it was, which is fine!

H2b then dropped me back at mums house (I really would have liked more time at Springkell that day with h2b on our own, but time did not allow) as his ushers and their wives were arriving at springkell and we had booked for them to have dinner there. I had a lovely few hours at mum and dads, watching tv with my BMs , wrote a card for h2b to give him that night and chilling out with an Indian and a glass of wine. At 8pm we went to the church for a rehearsal (H2B typically late!) and then went to the pub altogether. It was quite funny as no-one expected me and H2b to be out together, but I am SO glad we did. I bumped into half brother, step brother and his wife and it was so strange to see everyone you know in a tiny pub in Moffat! (well, apparently some of the family at mums house earlier had had a bit too much partying in town after we left, with many being in bed by about 5pm so they were absent. Oh dear). People from my hometown of Worthing, Irish and Norwegian relatives, childhood friends...so strange to see them mingling!

I left at 10pm with my mum, dad, bms and bms boyfriend to go home. H2b had no room for my lovely card for him, which annoyed me, and we had to say goodbye to each other in front of everyone-again, if you can grab a moment alone, do!! We went home, watched Graham Norton (normal Friday night stuff!) and as I am a bad sleeper at the best of times, I was very worried I would not sleep AT ALL. However after Graham I thought 'I am actually tired....I will attempt this!'. AT about 1am I nodded off which, for me, on the night before my wedding, I was incredibly impressed with!! More to follow....
    Last edited by Walsey; 13-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.

omg ive just seen how long this is and I haven't got to the wedding yet! Apologies!! I'll add more pics later, this is just one of us opening presents (in front of people!) and me and dad at the rehersal, trying to walk like normal human beings and failing miserably..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10395839_10154729845765722_1477371841856937968_n.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	12793
    Last edited by Walsey; 13-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Senior Platinum Member

Loving it so far! Cant beat a detailed countdown xxx

Also loving it, don't worry about it being too long, I love the detail Looking forward to the wedding day X

Super Senior Member

Sounds great - keep it up xxx

Super Senior Member

Loving it!! Is your husband from Falkirk n used to go to strathclyde uni union quite a lot about 13 years ago?? Think I recognise him. X

Ha yes! Well he's from Denny but he probably would have been hitting Strathclyde union about then, back in his single days!

Right so...

Saturday

Woke up on Saturday morning about 8am, and literally RAN downstairs to grab the dog and go for a walk. My mum had been dead against having the dog in the house as she was OBSESSED it would do something bad (it is the sweetest, nicest dog I really don't know where this idea came from!) and had threatened to put him in the kennel so I couldn't have him there. So i we RAN out the door as I was so intent on having a nice, relaxing morning, going for a walk and clearing my head. It also meant I was outside the church picking up poop in my wellies 5 hours before I was there in my finery getting married haha..

I had a lovely chilled out morning with my BMS, and my mum made an awesome breakfast. I don't think I've ever been so calm in my entire life! Even when my hair and make up team, that were supposedly coming at 10am, rang me to say they had thought they were meant to be at the venue (my poor h2b ended up meeting them in his dressing gown, and giving them directions to my mums house half an hour away!). My photographer Duncan turned up at 1030, and we sat and had cups of tea instead until they arrived. I had such a fun morning, full of fun, and calmness! I really did choose great suppliers.

The time completely went so fast, and it was 1pm before I knew it. I saw the cars pull up outside and they were incredible-so vintage and classic, the drivers done up to the nines. It actually felt real then, although I still felt really calm and chilled. My BMs and mum went in the first car, and me and my dad in the second, not before having a little boogie to 'going to the chapel', which he rather embarrassingly put on facebook, and a quick whisky!

Turning up to the church was wonderful, and seeing my videographers and photographer running around like mad was hilarious-all that planning was finally coming together. As me and my dad walked down the aisle it was so lovely-I could see my h2b welling up, as I suspected he might as he's a big old softie really, and it was lovely seeing everyone you know and love there-the only way I have been describing it is like at the end of Titanic when she sees everyone she knows again, all looking at her! haha. The vows were short and sweet, and all we had to say was 'I do'. Our vicar was young, and very funny, and I think a lot of the guests were converted! two hymns- 'Make me a channel of your peace (which no-one knew apart from me!) and 'Give me Joy in my heart' (Which everyone knew as they're all celtic daft), and three readings later (I carry your heart-ee cummings, these can i promise-Mark Twain, and Colossians 3:12-17 ) and we were married! We left on a complete high.

Super Senior Member

Small world! Loving your countdown, hoping that I'm as calm as you on the morning of my wedding day!! x

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	12801

Views:	48 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	12802

Views:	67 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	12803

After the ceremony we took our beautiful cars to our venue Springkell. This venue is stunning and I can't recommend more ( the cars got lost even though we told them where to go, but no matter!). We arrived and had our canapés- mini burgers, chilli prawns and quiche Lorraine. It was delicious. We then had our official photos done with family and friends, which deliberately we wanted to take as little time as possible, so only had 6 or 7. All of our shots were natural, when people didn't realise our photographer was there, which is exactly what we wanted, as was our video though we haven't got that back yet. My h2b's photos with me only took about 20 mins max so we didn't miss the fun, and are wonderful.

Speeches came before dinner, as previously my h2b was a best man and speeches were after the meal and he was so nervous he didn't eat! The speeches were brilliant, short, sweet and funny. Our meal was delicious- salmon and crayfish cakes, chicken stuffed with haggis with whisky sauce, and then Cranachan cheesecake. It was lovely, and the staff were great.

I will post a supplier review later, but I could not have had a more fun evening. The music got everyone dancing, and I am so glad we have a video to come back, as we can re-watch our first dance (a shuffle to The Civil Wars 'Forget Me Not'- a song no one knew, but ended up loving! We had seen them live a few years ago and it was beautiful).

As it is a house, we had nearly all of our friends stay over, and even though the bar shut at 2, the drinking carried on until very late (I went to bed at 2.30, and it went on way after that!). It was so nice to wake up in the morning and know everyone was downstairs having breakfast. I had a bath in our giant roll topped bath in our suite, and it was heavenly. Our family all then went back to my mum and dads house, and whilst they seemed keen to continue partying, I was shattered and went to bed about 9pm!

I hope everyone has as much fun as I did on their wedding day- from the venue, to the weather being perfect, to beautiful food and all your loved ones there...it's fab!

Last edited by Walsey; 15-11-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Views:	47 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	12805

Views:	36 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	12806

Views:	45 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	12807

Views:	43 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	12808

If you want to see our professional ones, the link is below

http://duncanirelandphotography.zenfolio.com/meldrum

passwords are Meldrum

Fab photos!!

Your dress is stunning! So beautiful x

Awww thanks for sharing, I love a detailed wedding report. Sounds like an amazing day

Aw thanks ladies! We had such a good time- feels like years ago now!

LOVED your report!

You look absolutely beautiful!!

Sounds like a perfect day!
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by RoxanneD View Post
    LOVED your report!

You look absolutely beautiful!!

Sounds like a perfect day!
    xxxx
    It was Roxanne-and watching your Mallard video highlights has made me excited to get mine back now! x