Thread: Our Special Day 18/10/14 Mr & Mrs Bradley

Super Senior Member

Default Our Special Day 18/10/14 Mr & Mrs Bradley

Sooooo finished up work on the Tuesday - practically danced out the office!

Wednesday - collected my dress from Bijoux Bridal Boutique in Hamilton - the staff were great and I loved the selection of dresses (shop has recently been refurbished and looks extra pretty). Hired my underskirt from there too.

Thursday - tan and nails done by a friend of a friend... starting to feel a bit more real now...

Friday - made sure I was all packed for my overnight stay at the hotel after the wedding (Crutherland House Hotel in East Kilbride) and also all set for honeymoon. Dropped the car off at the hotel and managed to get a sneaky peak of the ceremony lay out and tables - much more real now...

Enjoyed a home cooked meal with H2B and then headed to my folks house. Enjoyed a wee champers or 2 but had a really relaxed night - was checking the weather forecast like every 2 minutes though and praying to everyone for a decent day.

Saturday - it's here!!!! Woke up 5.30 am - checked the weather! - lay in bed for a while then went for a shower. Put on my white bridal velour trackie (blinged by a girl in my work) and my pink primark slippers (classy but comfy!) Had a wee cuppa and cereal and then it was time to hit the salon (8 am).

Claire Grassie Hair Salon - the 4 BMs arrived on time (I'd ordered Bridal Party onesies for them from ASDA online 13 - such a good purchase and look fab in the pics). The MUA was Esther Brown (would totally recommend) and my hairdresser had kindly allowed her to set up in the salon too. The morning of the wedding was such a good laugh. Champers, sandwiches, crisps, tunes on! Claire and Esther worked their socks off and done their magic - we were all looking stunning if I say so myself lol. MOB also had hair and make up done and I had a wee lump in my throat when I saw how great she was looking too. It was time to leave the salon and head back to my folks...

Arrived at my folks, BMs were getting ready - gorgeous royal blue strapless dresses from Miss Angelique (couldn't fault the staff there or selection of dresses). The girls had to be tied in to dresses (I hired a friend of a friend to help with this - keep this in mind as it's tricky). FOB was in his kilt and looking smashing. MOB was in her outfit and looking great too. We were ready 30 minutes before the cars were due - so chuffed we weren't running late. I was so calm and relaxed throughout. I felt like a million dollars. My BMs 4 year old daughter and her gran popped in to hand in a lucky horseshoe for me which was so sweet. We took some pictures and had a bit more fizz and then someone said, the cars are here. I said to my BMs - quick group hug - and tried to speak but couldn't get any words out (it was my only teary moment really) and then headed out to the cars. Some neighbours had gathered outside and I was waving and smiling away.

I got in the vintage car (supplied by Classic Scottish Wedding Cars - would recommend) and then we headed off to the venue - about 25 minutes away. In the car with my Dad I was so relaxed too. I felt more nervous about things the week before the wedding - I was in my element on the day!

And as we arrived at the venue - I could hear the piper (one of the BM's Dad) and I thought this is it!!!

xxx

Super Senior Member

Tell me more great start!! X

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Like it so far. Hope there's a few pics xx

Congratulation! Can't wait to read the rest of your report....! I had a spa day recently at the Crutherlsnd it's gorgeous

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Love it so far can't wait to read the rest & see some pics xx

Super Senior Member

Thanks ladies.

Soooo made our way into the glass conservatory at the front of the hotel after some pictures (Suzanne Hodgson Natural Weddings) was fabulous - made you feel at ease throughout. Met the Registrar Julie who was really good too. There were a couple of late arrivals before we all entered the room (I rolled my eyes but wasn't too mad lol). I looked at all my Bridesmaids and before I walked in my Chief BM and Sister gave me a kiss and I thought oh no that'll be the tears but I was ok. The Wedding Co-ordinator Vicki was a delight and told us all shoulders back, head up, big smile before we all walked in. I hadn't told the BMs my music in advance but we all walked in to A Thousand Years but Jun Sung Ahn Violin Cover and it brought tears to their eyes lol.

I can honestly say that as I was walking down the aisle all I saw was H2B. I couldn't take my eyes off him and he looked more emotional than me lol. The ceremony was short and sweet, with one reading delivered by the Registrar. The vows were simple but so meaningful. I looked into H2Bs eyes whenever I felt a bit nervous but we could have been in a room by ourselves. It was a beautiful moment. We signed the register to a Piano Version of Make You Feel My Love and made our exit to Ray Charles I Got a Woman (H2B's choice!!!)

We all then went outside for more pictures and H2B and I made our escape for about 10 minutes in the bridal car. It was lovely just to get a chance to have that time together. I was like - do you like my dress?!?!

When we returned to the hotel, we had an acoustic set by one of the House Arrest band which was great. More pics, canapes, banter and drinks. Chatted to as many people as I could.

A short time passed and then it was time for the wedding breakfast. The top table was piped in and my HUSBAND and I cut the cake (Special Days in Uddingston - make sure you try the lemon drizzle!)

The speeches were great - FOB, Groom and Best Man all did so so well. We had decided to do a His & Hers menu (men had one soup and the women had another and if they want can swap). The hotel did get this mixed up but apologised profusely and no one really noticed. The main and dessert were lovely. Then time for the next part of the day...

The Photobooth (Blue Parrot) was set up outside we have the most hysterical pictures - I love how folk just get right into the posing and props.

The room turnaround was really quick which I was delighted about.

Our first dance was Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud which House Arrest had learned for us was amazing. Once again didn't even realise there was anyone else in the room - soooo cheesy but true...

Hang on in there - nearly done lol

xxx

Super Senior Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0157.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	12797

Super Senior Member

Gorgeous photo hun, you look stunning and so happy!! X

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Gorgeous!!! Xxx

Keep going! X

You look stunning! Sounds a brilliant day xx

Fab.

Love the detail on your dress!!

Congratulations, you look amazing xx

You look stunning! Can't wait to hear more

Super Senior Member

Happy New Year girls!!!

Anyway, back to 18th October around 8 pm lol.

Near the end of our first dance we invited the bridal party onto the dancefloor and that was the party started. I had chosen not to have a father + daughter dance but my dad and I had agreed that when a certain song came on we'd have our moment and we did. My husband and I were never off the dancefloor - the band were fabulous playing a great mix of songs to keep all ages boogieing the night away!

It was a brilliant time and I loved every minute of it.

The buffet was great and it gave me a chance to catch up with as many guests as possible. We got tea + coffee as part of our wedding package but I don't remember seeing anyone having any so that was a bit of a waste I guess.

The band ended the night with Loch Lomond - now this was something I was always so against because I don't like the carnage that it comes with lol - but we hadn't actually said to the band what our last song would be. However, it was amazing having everyone all together celebrating with us - a brilliant end to a brilliant day!

The evening went on until 1 am but myself and husband and a few hardcore friends stayed up with us in the bar until 4 am. I actually last longer than my husband - I just didn't want it to end.

I woke up about 8 am the next day and we went to breakfast early so that we could spend some more time with our family and friends that had stayed over at the hotel - wee bit of feedback re breakfast so if anyone wants details please PM me. Then it was time to get ready to check out. Gathered all our gifts and bits and pieces together and that was it all over.

Once we got home we opened all our cards and presents and were delighted - some really amazing and generous gifts.

Had a wee takeway and spent the evening talking about our special day.

Our honeymoon was out of this world - we walked with lions in Mauritius and in Dubai went to the Burj Khalifa - so surreal.

Overall, my wedding day was the best day of my life. I loved every minute of it and I wouldn't change a thing. I've got my wedding album back and it's stunning. Oh forgot to say flowers from Janette Mitchell and they were so beautiful (we had 2 floor standing candelabra dressed with ivory hydrangea + roses and the table candelabra were the same) Also, in lieu of favours we made a donation to Cancer Research as it's a charity close to both our hearts. I cannot wait to see our wedding dvd (Viking Video Productions) so that I can relive it all.

Best advice I can give you is to enjoy every minute because it flies in.

Also, if you're still reading this, thank you for reading! And thank you to this forum - it was great being able to go through the wedding planning ups and downs with your support. All the best to the married in 2014 ladies xxx

Great report! You look absolutely radiant - congratulations xx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by IslandBride View Post
    Great report! You look absolutely radiant - congratulations xx
    Thank you IslandBride xxx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

You are stunning! Congratulations xx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
    You are stunning! Congratulations xx
    Thank you - just can't believe I got married 3 months ago now! Boo xx

great photo and report congrats xxxxx