Thread: Mr & Mrs McFarlane 16th August 2014

Red face Mr & Mrs McFarlane 16th August 2014

Finally getting around to my wedding report!

Well what i can say....our day was absolutely amazing and i wish we could do it all over again! Every guest we spoke to said it was the best wedding they had ever been to!!

Venue: Bothwell Bridge Hotel

The venue was stunning and the staff were all excellent. The only problem on the day was regarding our main course. We had asked for a white wine chive and bacon sauce and instead it came with gravy!!! I was horrified, although none of my guests seemed to notice and afterwards everyone said it was delicious. I told Steven the wedding co-ordinator straight away but rather than apologise he insisted that it had a white wine sauce through it and proceeded to go around asking my guests if they enjoyed it!! We were'nt happy with his attitude and the Best man and my dad spoke to the hotel owner, Armando and we got it sorted, he could'nt have been any nicer and we did receive some compensation back after the wedding. However apart from that everything else went great and i would highly recommend the Bothwell Bridge.

Cars: Waterside Wedding Cars

We went for ivory & black vintage cars and they were cracking! Could'nt fault them, highly recommend them.

Flowers: Occasion Flowers in Coatbridge

I loved my flowers! My bouquet was all orchids and some cream roses and my bridesmaids had one half orchids and the other half pink hydrangeas. My flower girl had a baby's breath crown and a wand, MOB & MOG and bag corsages and all the guys had orchid button holes. I also had the chapel pews decorated in baby's breath with white organza trailing. In the venue we had candelabras so we had baby's breath on each candelabra and pearls

Wedding dress: Leading Lady by Suzanne Neville from Eleganza Sposa

I loved loved loved my dress!! As soon as i seen it in a mag i knew it was my dress! Then when i tried it on i knew it was the one I felt amazing in it! Margaret from Eleganza was wonderful and i cannot fault them! I also bought my veil from Eleganza too. First class service.

Bridesmaid dresses: Dessy from Suelise

I loved these dresses on my girls. Very classy and they were all stunning. I added a brooch to the shoulders to make them a wee bit fancier as the dresses didnt have any detail on them. The girls in the shop were very nice and helpful.

Make up: Lynsey Findlay

Lynsey was amazing and so so lovely! My mum and I went for a trial before hand and she goes into sooo much detail right down to the type of jewellery you're wearing. She made us all feel at ease and happy on the morning and i was really pleased with my look. My make up stayed on all night and i could'nt recommend her enough!

Hair: Laura Scarff

I was really worried about my hair and i had had two previous trials with other hairdressers, one fell out after 10 mins and i just didnt like the other styles from the other hairdresser. I did'nt have that problem with Laura, she knew exactly what i wanted and my hair stayed in all night! Yeah! For my bridesmaids hair i wanted their hair down and styled with vintage finger wave curls, unfortunately the curls didnt last long but i think that was down to the weather, it was blowing a gale and miserable Again, i would highly recommend her.

Cake: Special Days Cakes

Our cake was gorgeous and very classy! We had 5 different flavours and everyone who had a bite said it was really tasty, although i never tried any on the night as i completely forgot it.
    As part of the wedding package at Bothwell Bridge you get to choose from a few designs from Special Days, however i didnt like any of the package styles so i chose another one and put more money towards it. To be honest i didnt realise how expensive wedding cakes could be!!

Photography: Premier Photography

Scott from Premier was great. Very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. We had a few hiccups along the way with Premier but again i would recommend them and can't wait to get my album. Here's a link to see our pictures, username is premier and password is bothwell
    http://www.pm1.co.uk/photomem/cgi-bi...aphy/W9382++++

Videography: MacKenzie Wedding films

Scott was great and hardly noticed him at all. He started off at the chapel then stayed to around 9pm at night. He was really nice and very professional. He has done music videos for Emily Sande and tv adverts! I cannot wait to see my video

Music: Cleveden Quartet

I loved my quartet! So glad i decided to get them rather than have an organ play in the chapel. They played a number of songs while my guests arrived and waited. My bridesmaids walked down to Pacabel Canon, my dad and I walked down to the Bridal Chorus by Wagner and my new husband and I walked back up the aisle to Mendelssohn's wedding march. They were amazing and their music brought a lump to my throat.

Band: Amplifive

Our band was FANTASTIC!!!! Everyone was raving about them! The dancefloor was never empty and they got the full crowd involved. Absolutely brilliant!!!!

Entertainment: Photobooth from Blue Parrot Company

Everyone loved the photobooth and there was a queue for it the whole night!! The girl said it usually doesnt get busy til around 10 pm but she said our guests were queuing up for it befire it even opened haha! Definately recommend getting one.
    We also had a candy cart which we did ourselves. A family friend loaned us their cart, which was amazing. We collected vintage crytstal bowls and crockery from charity shops etc and bought all our sweets from Hancocks. That was a big hit too

Kilts: MacGregor and MacDuff

We had over 30 people wearing kilts as anyone who wanted to wear one was welcome. When we went to pick our kilts they told us that they had to back the following day after the wedding! We said that would be impossible as some were staying overnight in the hotel and some would be at home etc. We asked if maybe the manager could make an exception but we were told no. They also said that because there were so many kilts could one or two people just come and collect them as it would be too much for 30 odd people to come in at the one time and get them...fair enough! We decided to go elsewhere as we felt returning them the next day was'nt suitable and considering the amount of business we were giving them i felt it was unfair.
    A couple weeks later we recieved a call from the manager asking why we didnt want to book with them, so we explained why and low and behold she said it wouldnt be a problem to return the kilts on the Monday instead! Ha!! Strange considering we were already told the manager said no hmmm....Anyway we decided to go with them as they had our favourite kilt and we had looked at loads of places. When some people got theirs home so of thrm didnt fit or had the wrong size shoes etc but they took them back in straight away and got them the correct fit, a bit annoying considering they had to travel from Coatbridge to Dumbarton Road in Glasgow.

I'll upload some pics seperately as its not letting me do it on this post for some reason. If anyone has any questions i'll be happy to help.
    Last edited by NatzGx; 19-10-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4815.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	12699

Name:	IMG_4854.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	12700

Name:	IMG_5424.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	12701

Name:	IMG_5077.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	12702

Name:	IMG_5456.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	12703

Name:	IMG_5386.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	12704

Name:	IMG_5457.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	12705

Name:	IMG_5081.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	12706

Name:	IMG_4847.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	12707

Name:	IMG_5427.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	12709

Congratulations & thanks for sharing your report! Your pics are lovely, the veil is a perfect match for your dress

Name:	IMG_4821.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	12710

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you look stunning x x

thanks for sharing your report, gorgeous phtos xxx

Super Senior Member

congratulations! u look stunning xxx

Congrats :-) your pics are gorgeous xx

Super Senior Member