Thread: need help with hair and make up please :(

Default need help with hair and make up please :(

Hi girls.

I was looking for some help, I am at a bit of a loss.

My original wedding date was the 31st July 2015 and I had booked in for a trial with Lynsey Findley, however we have changed date and venue, and she is no longer available.

I booked a trial and paid a deposit with another make up team however this is the second time they have cancelled my trial in the space of 2 weeks and now I just don't feel comfortable continuing with them.

I am also having issues with my hair dresser, I asked to trial my hair just some hair up and some down with curls something like the attachment and twice she has tried and not managed and has now suggested we do something different.

I understand it isn't going to look exactly like a picture but it was so flat up on the top and the curls had fallen out after an hour.

I have long thick hair and I just don't see how this style wouldn't work its not anything extravagant.

So I really need help, does anyone have any hair and make up recommendations?

Based west end of Glasgow and getting married at Glenbervie House hotel.

Thanks xxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hair.jpg  

hiya i was at a wedding fayre and blushing brides were there, they do hair and make up and are on facebook if that helps you out x

Thanks fafa!

I will check them out. xxx

Hey, I'm not a hairdresser, and I can't recommend as my hairdresser is on maternity leave (thankfully she's a friend so she'll still sort me out) Anyway, I'm making a different point. Maybe washing your hair the night before having it done will help the curls to stay in (my sister in-law to be was told this for her wedding day). Maybe see if anyone suggests this when getting in touch with people? X

I've gone with Laura Gray Pro Bridal. I had my hair and make up trial last weekend and was delighted! I'd highly recommend Sam and Adele: they're lovely and my hair and make up fab! Xx

Platinum Member

I am going with The Aisle, Kylie is lovely. I so want curls but my hair is just too thick & they don't work, nothing makes them last I have tried for years

Hi there, I also like that picture and was going to go with that look but have opted to go with an up do. My wedding is in 2 weeks and I have had a great trial and experience with Kirsty MacPherson http://www.kirstymacpherson.com/ I would check out her facebook site over her website. I think she is fab

hey my mum is a hairdresser - and when i want curls in my hair (thick and long too!) i use the rollers form the link below - you cna buy them in boots etc just showing u an example - and you can buy smaller ones etc! i wash my hair and particially dry it then i (my mum taught me how to do this) roll these into my hair and go to sleep - in the morning hy hair is sometimes still a little damp from the rollers so my mum blow drys my hair. occasionally look like a poodle when i first take these out but i blowdrys down and drops a bit
    my mum then smooths these curls and they last for a few days! (tho the second day needs smoothing again if u want them perfect like ur photo) i would advise doing this - discuss with a hairdresser too as it would also cut down time for them to curl your hair
    http://www.superdrug.com/medias/sys_...1710141470.jpg

Thanks for all your replies ladies!!

I have booked Anne Marie McElroy and her sister Julie Diplacito for a trial, their work looks great, fingers crossed!!xx

Hi Flowersunshinecakes, how did you get on with your trial? x

Hi Kookie!

I haven't had my trial yet, its this Friday so fingers crossed!

I'll let you know how I get on, have you booked your mua and hairdresser yet? xx

Had my trial with Anne Marie McElroy for hair and Julie Diplacito for make up I loved it and have booked them so excited!! X

Hi Flowersunshinecakes! I've actually booked Anne Marie McElroy too - but I've not had my trial yet, so I'm really pleased you thought she was good! I think her work looks amazing xx

I dont know if you are still looking for a mua but my friend had louise ballantine for her wedding, and i got mine done too and i loved her. make up was stunning but didnt look heavy at all. no idea what she did but she was amazing. Will deffo be having her for mine, will be checking i can get her before I set a date!!!

http://www.louiseballantine.com/