Thread: Mr & Mrs Weir! 19th September 2014

Default Mr & Mrs Weir! 19th September 2014

Cant quite believe our day is past now! What a lot of stressing over one day! But the perfect day! This will probably be pretty brief, but I've loved reading the other girls, so here's my attempt....

The week before, anything that could go wrong pretty much did! We struggled to arrange a night for our rehearsal, as we didn't get married in our church (it was too small!), so had to fit in around 2 church schedules - not an easy task! Then on the day of the rehearsal, I lost the bands gifts, then when I found them, didn't have enough time to write there cards! 2 band members couldn't make it, one had made prior arrangements he'd forgotten about, and the other who was leaving, had been sent home sick! Then our pastor was running late, so we had time for one run through. Thankfully it went really well, a lot of confusion over who stood on which side, but that was the worst. But got home, to find that only 1 of the 5 kilts we'd hired actually fit correctly. The best man's kilt looked more of a mini skirt, J's jacket sleeves were too short, and the page boy's was far too small. Thankfully Fiona at Stuart highland sorted them out, and they got the correct sizes the afternoon before the wedding.

nightmare but things always work out in the end lol xx

So the day of the wedding! I woke up at about half 5, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I finished off writing the thank you cards that I hadn't done yet for my bridesmaids, parents, and some of the others that were involved. At about 6.30, I heard my Sisters bleathering away through the wall, they couldn't sleep either. I eventually got up, at about 7.30, as we were due at Zuri - the salon that were doing our hair and make up - at half 8. Dad had already left, as he was going out for breakfast with the guys of the bridal party. the girls at Zuri were fab, They bought in chocolates for us, and a bottle of bucksfizz, and just made us feel right a t home. We are regulars there though, so we know the girls pretty well. Becausee they have so many girls working there, we were pretty much all taken at the same time. I was taken up to one of the girls rooms to get my hair done, whilst my bridesmaids were downstairs getting sorted out. Mum popped up to see how I was doing onece or twice, and told me that dad had been on the phone, and said that J was really nervous, he could tell, because he couldn't eat all his breakfast!

So once my hair was done, I wnet down and joined the rest of the girls, only to see that I had a missed call from the florist, and an answering machine message. Turns out the guy was at the house, but no one was in. This was about 10, and the flowers weren't due till 11.30, as no one would be in till then. So I called back, and thankfully the guy (very abruptly) told me that he'd bring them back later. I Wasn't too stressed about it though. Mike, our photographer came, and took some pictures of us all getting outr makeup done etc. once we were all finished, we headed back to the house, at about 11.45. unfortunately, because we'd been so long, Mike wasn't able to go back to our house and do picturesof the smaller details, or me and the bridesmaids etc., but we got them with my dads camera. The next thing I knew the cars were here, and we were off to the church!

Super Senior Member

Enjoying your report so far xxx

I've tried uploading a few pictures, but it wont let me! will see if I can pop some up after work!