Thread: Inlaws Rant!

Default Inlaws Rant!

Apologies in advance, I just need to get this off my chest!

1. so our RSVP date has been and gone and we're still waiting in RSVPs from ALL h2b family. Now I assume they are coming but who knows since they don't seem to think that their sons wedding is all that important! We have menu choices that we need back so I can't do much without having them returned. They have had the invites for 6weeks but when I've asked (loads of times in the past 2weeks) I've been told they're still deciding on what to have and that there's no rush to get them back!

2. Sil2b is now wearing the same colour as my BM (I'm inly having 1) as MIL thought it would be nice for her to match! And she's not buying anything new to wear just something she's "had for a while" as "there's no point getting something she won't wear again"

3. Mil2b doesn't have an outfit yet (5weeks to go so still plenty time but she does go on holiday for 2weeks in this time) but I'm expected to organise her corsage on for the day (part of the florist package) and just get her anything that will go with the colour she thinks she'll be wearing.

4. Fil2b is a keen amateur photographer (all the gear but no idea) and is dictating what photos we need to have and has told us he will help direct the photographer!

5. Mil2b today has said that Sil2b needs a special job (she's 26!) and was asked to do a reading but declined as she didn't want to.

theres about a million other issues and I've let so many bitchy, rude comments slide. I didn't even comment when they left my hen night after an hour cos it was too warm and a bit noisy.

H2b is so laid back that he cannot see any issues with anything p, although he did say he would chase up the RSVP (wow thanks)!

Am I being ridiculous? Is bridezilla making and early appearance and I just need to get over myself? I know our wedding isn't the be all and end all and that folk have their own lives to get in with but I just though I'd get help from the inlaws not stress! I'm actually starting to think they have an issue with the wedding!

aaaaarrrggghhhh bloody wedding is driving me mad!

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

I don't think you're being a bridezilla. I know that the wedding kind of takes over your life and that we need to be conscious sometimes that we are not expecting too much from everyone else but there are some people who should be as excited and caught up in it as you are and that definitely includes immediate family! I would tell them that the hotel needs to know their menu choices ASAP or you'll just need to put them down for something regardless.....just breathe. I would also however be giving h2b a good kick up the arse to deal with his family, it's not just your wedding after all! Xxx

Aww what a nightmare. Let sil2b's special job be collecting RSVPs!! ***128077; xx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMulgrewToBe View Post
    Aww what a nightmare. Let sil2b's special job be collecting RSVPs!! ***62541; xx
    Sounds like a brilliant idea!

Miss2Mrs14 - can't believe SIL2B isn't going to get something new for your big day xxx

I don't think you're being a bridezilla either - anyone else who has been married understands the excitement, the time scales and not to be over opinionated. It's ridiculous that your H2B's family are not replying, I'd be putting my foot down. I can't believe your SIL2B isn't going a) for something new and b) something to match your bridesmaid - I would be fuming!
    x

i have been there! lol
    tell ur H2B and inlaws that the venue called and need all numbers,table plans and menu choices by x date otherwise u have to pay extra. i did the well if its not sorted by this date u cant come to the wedding lol
    ignore the bitchy comments (well try not to let them affect ur day anyway!)
    for sil having matching dress i would either offer to go shopping with her and offer to buy a new outfit for the day for her or find one - however i wouldnt worry too much as onh hthe day she will look silly and there will be photos of the family, photos of u and ur bm etc and a few of everyone but mostly just u and H2B so there would b much evidence that they r matching - i would maybe encourage her getting a shrug or wrap around or hat, facinator etc just to exagerate that shes a guest not a bm
    for a special job for sil i would maybe ask her to help set up the venue of make sure everything is collected at night or responsible for making sure the guestbook is signed?
    right for MILs outfit - send her a few links to shops and say the florist needs the colour by x date (again saying other people have made time restrictions takes it off u) also say the outfit may need to be ordered and therefore time issues again - possibly offer to go with her to buy the outfit - i know ur super stress and i doubt u want to but she might love that idea?
    for FIL say u would love him to be in the photos and for him to have a relaxing day not to worry about the photographer - tho they r used to people like that and will be able to handle him so dont worry. maybe you could ask him to photograph the evening part when ur photographer goes home? then he felts like he is needed and will consentrate on that and possible ignore the day photos?

ask for H2B being so laid back - that is their way so sorry! just keep reminding him of deadlines and potential extra cost if the deadlines r exceeded - the extra cost normally makes people snap into gear

i really hope u get some of this sorted, try to let some stuff go - your day will be brilliant regardless and you prob laugh about it

Super Senior Member

I dont think you are being a bridezilla at all!!! I think your inlaws are really rude and I cant believe your sil2b wouldnt get something new for her brothers wedding! xxx

Thanks folks I just wanted to get it all off my chest before I exploded at poor h2b!
    We now have all the RSVPs back but Sil2b has finished with her boyfriend so is bringing a friend without asking if this is ok, it's not really since we've never met them but I'm not even going there!

There was a big chat and h2b admitted he wasn't helping much as he knew I had it all under control but has agreed he need to do more after seeing what's still to be done. He's still super laid back but agrees his lot are being ridiculous about things but just doesn't want any arguments so is trying to be diplomatic about things with his folks where as I'm the total opposite and need to rant then I feel better!!!

Hes es brought up all the issues to his folks but they just can't see that anything might be out of order so I'm going to have to let it slide, I'm sure I won't care what Sil2b looks like on the day but just hope the outfit doesn't look odd in the pictures!

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated. X

The in laws always seem to cause problems! my mil2b and sil2b are a nightmare. Sil2b is no longer coming to the wedding and has posted on Fb of all places that she can't wait until its over! Mil2b is wearing an outfit that she bought 4 years ago for an ex partners sons wedding that she went to!!! So has no good memories for her!! I can't even bring myself to ask what its like, colour, etc. as I just don't want to deal with it! So, I don't think you're being bridezilla at all - have some comfort in the knowledge that future in laws are very problematic at times for us all!

So glad I found this thread! so its not just my inlaws to be then........MIL2b only got told about the wedding last night and her comment was 'I thought you weren't going to bother..' (we have been living together for 5yrs) other than that she didnt ask anything else not even the date or who might be invited.......She had just had a massive fight on the way over to our house with her grandchildren who are at that awkward teenage stage when they disagree with everything anyone over 18 says so the wedding was lost in that......
    OP sounds like h2b is on board now after your big chat good you managed to keep it to a chat and not a massive rant which was what mine got last night!!