Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr & Mrs Thomlinson - 28th August '14

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Default Mr & Mrs Thomlinson - 28th August '14

Can't believe it's been 4 weeks since our big day, the time has flown by. I planned on posting my report when I got back from honeymoon but my wee puppy wedding present has been keeping me very busy & not had a chance. Puppy is snoozing beside me & hubby is at football so thought I best get started

The day before the wedding
    We had the whole week of the wedding off so we had been doing wee bits & bobs like picking up my engagement ring from the jewellers after it was getting cleaned, done some honeymoon shopping & spent some time with family who had travelled from abroad for the wedding. The day before the wedding we had a list of stuff to do. I had an appointment to get my lashes done at 10am. After that we headed into town to go to the bank and lift the money for the band, the piper, MUA and hairdresser who all were to be paid on the day. We then had to pick up the cake & get my dad's cuff links that had been delivered to my MIL earlier in the day (cut that a bit fine!) we then went to my cousins to pick up the cake as he was making it......no answer!! I started to panic as it was late afternoon by this time & we still had to go home, pick up our bags for the overnight stay along with all our stuff to drop off at the venue before heading back to Greenock for the rehearsal at 7pm. I managed to get a hold of his fiancÚ who had gone into town & she said he was sleeping as he had to work a nightshirt the night before. Fair enough but I kind of need my cake I thought. So hubby & I travelled up home & got his bag to stay at his mum along with his kilt, our overnight bags & all the things for the wedding. We had orders of service to take to the church so they were there for the next day. We also had the sweetie buffet, table plan, table names, Mr & Mrs sign, cake topper, wedding rings, button holes for the boys, guestbook, favours, place cards, sweetie bags & scoops/tongs for the buffet. (I'm sure there was more as it felt like a flitting, but I can't think of anything else)

When we got home my cousins fiancÚ gave me a wee text to say she was back home & I could go get the cake. So back down to Greenock we headed, picked up the cake, travelled back to Bishopton to drop the cake off with all the other wedding things. With all the wedding stuff I had put a note in just letting them know what I wanted done with everything, which they seemed to appreciate as they could set it up the way we wanted, I also wrote out envelopes for each table, put the table name on the front then inside put all the place cards and the favours for the people at that table (we had cancer research pins so they fitted in). After dropping all that off it was back down to Greenock for the wedding rehearsal.

We got to the church just before 7 and waited for the rest of the wedding party to arrive. It was all starting to feel so real & I could feel the butterflies starting. I had been rushing about all day I hardly had a minute to sit and think about how close it all was. The rehearsal went well, we left knowing exactly what we were doing, how the readings would go, how to walk down the aisle at the correct pace and importantly where the loo was incase anyone needed it on the day! We left the church and I said goodbye to my wee flowergirl and my ushers as they where heading home. My bridesmaids were staying with me the night before so they went and got their stuff together then arranged to meet me at my house. I was dropping hubby off at his mums and my dad was heading up to Bishopton so I could drop my car off at the venue then he would drop me at mine. That way my car would be at the venue for the day after the wedding to get us home.

I went I to hubby's mums with him & seen all the relative from abroad again & they gave us some cards. I sat for about 10 mins, reminded hubby to remember his buttonholes as they were in a wee glass in water on top of the fridge and I knew he would forget if I didn't remind him, then said my goodbyes. I think I managed to hold it together saying goodbye to hubby, but as I started to drive away the butterflies kicked in big time.

I phoned my dad just as I left hubby to let him know I was heading to the venue and would meet him there. I got to the venue, dropped my car off and my dad picked me up and dropped me off back home in Erskine. As my dad parked up outside and was saying goodbye the butterflies turned to tears. This was happening, and in less than 24 hours.......holy moly!! I got out the car and went in the house, my bridesmaids had already arrived and were upstairs trying on their dresses and just making sure they were happy with how they were going to wear them (They had the twist & wrap dresses and they all wanted to wear them different styles). I stood in my kitchen having a wee cry to myself before heading up to see the girls. They wouldn't let me see them, they wanted to get all ready then do a big reveal type thing with the whole outfit on- dress, shoes etc. I went into my room and got everything ready for bed. I had bought the girls wee gifts I was going to give them that night and wanted to write them all personal messages in cards, I had a few left to finish so I done that while the girls we're sorting the dresses. I went downstairs & the girls were all standing in the living room looking amazing......cue more tears. My tears started a few of them off and there we where standing in a big group hug in the middle of my living room. I gave the girls their presents & cards (more tears) and they have me a gift. It was a book from my he , filled with pictures of the weekend and all my hens had wrote a wee message for me. I had no idea they were doing that over the weekend of the hen. It was so lovely. We all had a few glasses of fizz, except my youngest bridesmaid, she's only 13 so she had 1 very weak Buck's Fizz haha. I went for a shower, washed & dried my hair, got into my pjs then think we all headed to bed around midnight. I struggled to fall asleep, having 3 in the bed wasn't the best idea as I was on the outside and barely clinging on to the mattress! I just lay there imagining what the next day would bring, hoping everything would turn out the way we wanted and that the sun would pop out for a bit. I fell asleep imagining that all, I had no idea it would be just as amazing as it turned out to be......apart from 1 hiccup!

Xx
    Last edited by Laurabelle84; 25-09-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Super Senior Member

Loving it Laurabelle - can't wait for the rest of your report xxx

Congrats, I remember when you just joined, one of the old timers on here I joined just before you in the June, seemed like ages away then, now your married and I have 6 weeks. Wish you all the luck in married life. Xx

Super Senior Member

love the report, cant wait for more! congratulations! xxx

Senior Platinum Member

aww loving the report! looking forward to reading the rest xxx

Love the report so far! Not loving the cliff hanger, I can't bear it! xx

The morning of the wedding....
    I had my alarm set for 7am, but I needn't have bothered. I don't think I slept properly all, just dozed on & off until I got skepled on the head by a rouge arm about 6.40am......this 3 in a bed idea really wasn't a good call! After I gave myself a good shake I was up. It was my wedding day!! This was my last time waking up as a Miss, was going to miss my last name, more so because I'm struggling to get a decent signature with my new married name! Anyway, everyone else was still sleeping so I tried to sneak out but forgot about the squeaky floorboard at my bedroom door, it seemed louder than ever when I stood on it & woke up 1 of the other 2 in the bed. She got up & I could see her filling up already, we were going to need lots of tissues! We both went downstairs & put the kettle on, by this time 3 from the bed (the head skelper) had came downstairs too. I went up and woke up the other 2 BMs from the spare room & asked if they wanted tea. 'You shouldn't be making tea! It's your day' one of them said. I reassured them I wasn't making tea, just asking if they wanted one. So we all sat with a cup of tea, like coiled springs waiting to get started. The girls had brought in plain bread (amazing idea for toast), some croissants & those pastries with chocolate in them (what they called again?) so someone made some toast & chocolate things, but it was going to get really busy in the house very quickly, so I thought we needed to get some rolls. We phoned Greggs and asked them to make 5 rolls each of bacon, slice & sausage to be picked up. I phoned my dad & asked him to pick them up when he was on his way as he would be passing.

Before I knew it it was 9am and the hairdresser who was doing the BMs hair had arrived. She started on my youngest bridesmaid first as we had a bit of trouble with her at the trial so wanted to get her sorted first. While she was getting done the MAU arrived about 9.20, followed by my dad with his partners daughter & her wee boy. She was dropping dad off as his partner was taking the car to the church. She popped in to say hello & her wee boy was just so funny, he's just turned 2 and was just smiling and being cute. For a few minutes I forgot about the madness around me while playing with him. Once they got ready to leave I went & got my Make up done. Next in was my wee flowergirl with her dad (her mum was 1 of my bridesmaids so she was already with us), then my friend who was doing my hair. We had a full house already & my mum, gran, the photographer & videographer was still to arrive!!

After I got my make up done the videographer arrived, he was just floating around with his camera & I barely knew he was there. I started to get my hair done then my photographer arrived. Was nice to see him as we've been friends from high school so good to see another friendly face. I don't really remember much else about the getting ready before the dress bit, it all seemed to go past in a blur. My mum & gran arrived & got their make up done then I heard the hairdresser for the bridesmaids leave, the flowers arrived and the girls started to get into their dress. I looked at the time and it was about 11.30.....WTF! How did that happen, not long to get sorted as I wanted to leave at 12.30 to make sure I got to the church for the 1pm start. I was determined I wasn't going to be late!

I noticed that my toilet roll holder was a bit loose that morning and when I nipped to the loo it came off the wall. I was going to just leave it but it was annoying me, so there I was on my wedding morning with my tool kit out in the bathroom putting the toilet roll holder back on the wall. My bridesmaids were trying to stop me but I do like a bit of DIY so I didn't mind haha. After that I helped my dad get into his kilt. He looked so smart, I could feel those butterflies starting to come back with full force at this point.

I looked at the time & it was nearly 12, time for me to get into my dress. I started to panic about how I was going to get into it. The bridal shop said I was to step into it, but then after I put my underskirt on, how could I do that? I have quite big hips too so I wasn't sure if the bust part was big enough to go over them. But I couldn't put it on over my head as my hair was done, my veil was in and what if I got make up on it? Here was the first mini panic of the day, I started to freak out & my voice got a bit high pitched & pretty sure I may have swore a few times. This was a perfect moment for 1 of my BM's to hand me my glass of prosecco to calm down. After some discussion we decided it would need to go over my head. I put my arms over my hair to guard it and my BMs made put the dress over my head. I had a pretty big dress so it was like trying to worm out a wee tunnel when I was wiggling in through all the layers while protecting my head. The dress was on, not a hair out of place or make up anywhere but my face, great team work! While the girls were getting me all fastened up at the back, I felt like I could hardly breathe, not because of the dress or anything just because. I was doing that whole panting thing like woman in labour do, such a drama queen but I honestly felt sick with nerves. After a few seconds and reassurance from my girls I was fine......until someone said the cars are here. The cars are here???? I'm not ready, how can it be 12.30?? I don't have my dress fully fastened, nor my shoes on, or my perfume on, or my wee bag sorted with my lipstick for the rest of the day. I made such a fuss about not being late on the run up to the wedding I couldn't believe I was running late. I wasn't late though, it was just past 12.10, the cars were just here early. Phew, I need more prosecco!

It didn't take long to finish getting my dress on, put my shoes on & get myself together. I went down the stairs to do the big reveal to my mum, dad & gran. Everyone was in tears, apart from me, I didn't want to ruin my make up! Mum took a few pics & helped me put on the lovely bracelet hubby had bought me as a wedding present. I didn't buy a necklace as mum said she had one I could wear, I didn't need a big one, just a small simple one as my dress was detailed enough at the top. One of my BMs then gave me a wee box with my Nanas pearls on it & asked if I wanted them. They were gorgeous but they just didn't go with the dress, it was too much with the dress, I was gutted as I would've loved to have had them and feel like she was with me. Instead we decided I would just put them in my wee bag, so even though I wasn't wearing the pearls I still had the, so she was with me.

Now it was just coming on for 12.30. My BMs helped put my garter on & put a sixpence in my shoe since we forgot that getting ready, them we said our goodbyes. My 4 BMs, flowergirl, mum & gran all left and headed down to the church. It was just Dad & me in the house. I paced up & down my kitchen for a few minutes while I was having another laboured woman panting moment while my dad reassured me. I pulled myself together and then headed out to the car. It had been a lovely bright morning with so e lovely sunshine, until the second I stepped out the door & it started raining! It was just a wee bit so i didn't bother too much, and by the times we got to Greenock the sun was out. A few of my neighbours were out & giving me all their congratulations, it was so lovely to see them. I got to the car door & thought, crap! I've never sat down in this dress or even thought about how that would be possible, as I said before, it was a big dress. The driver took my bouquet as I backed into the car, backside first in a slight twerking action , then pulled my legs in followed by the rest of my dress. I felt as though the dress was puffed up right to my chin, but I was in & the car was so comfy. Not sure how I looked though but there where no cameras around at that point so I didn't care. At about 12.35 we set off for the 20ish minute journey down to the church. It was lovely to have alone time with my dad just chatting away, he totally took my mind off my nerves. I was so pleased, I wasn't going to be late, I would be on time just like I said
    Last edited by Laurabelle84; 26-09-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Jeezo I didn't realise how much I had written, sorry for the novel girls (and boys), we've not even got to the wedding yet!

Oh and just remembered what the chocolate pastries are called......pan au chocolate haha x

Super Senior Member

Loving the story hun!!
    And love a pan au chocolat!! x

Sorry for taking so long on this bit, had a busy weekend & was at the Ryder Cup yesterday, part of hubby's wedding present & I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Anyway, I promise I'll try not bore you too much longer

The Wedding
    The drive to Greenock seemed to fly by, I could see coming down past Langbank the sun was down there (makes a change!) and I was having such a lovely time chatting away to my dad & the driver I forgot about my nerves for a while. We got to the church & it was about 1.02pm, a wee 2 mins wouldn't matter. As we pulled up to the corner of the church I could see lots of people outside, people from work & other people we knew, I my butterflies disappeared to excitement. I was giddy & just couldn't wait to get out & say hello to everyone, but there were guests still outside too. Why weren't they inside? It was after 1pm! I could see some other guests running round the corner to the church, they must have been running late, so my driver said he would go a wee drive round the block to let them get in. We drove round the block and we parked just up the street from the church. The driver from 1 of the other cars walked up the street to us, my driver out the window down & I heard him get told "there's a slight problem". To say my backside collapsed would be an understatement (sorry that's bit very ladylike). My driver said he wouldn't be a minute & got out the car. I could feel the tears starting, what was happening? What was the problem? My husband to be better bloody be at the bottom of that aisle! My Dad & I just sat there, waiting to see what was happening.

It must only have been about 2 minutes we were waiting but it felt like forever. I could hear the 2 drivers outside mumbling, I was gripping my Dads hand so tight I think I was cutting the circulation off. There was still lots of people including guests outside the church, why weren't they going in? My driver got back in the car, turned the engine on & started to drive down the street to the church, but he turned the corner just before the church. "Just a wee technical hitch" he said " we'll just go a wee drive & the boys will give me a ring when everything is ready" I must've been speaking about a million miles and hour, asking a hundered questions what was going on? Why we're we just driving about? I WAS GOING TO BE LATE!!! It turns out, they forgot the rings....the bloody rings! There was me making such a fuss the day before thinking he would forget the buttonholes, I didn't think they would forget the rings. The best man was on his way back to MILs house to pick the rings up, which luckily was only 5 mins from the church. So while he was running back for them we were driving round the west end of Greenock, we ended up parking up & the driver got out to give my Dad & I a few minutes to myself. I remember being angry and feeling so silly about making such a fuss about not being late, and it was almost 1.15 by this point so I was 15 minutes late and counting. I even said a few times "if I'm late it will be someone else's fault and not mine" so I obviously jinxed myself. The longer I sit there though the more I just kept thinking, if this is the worst thing that's going to happen today, then I'll take that. I heard the drivers phone going & in he came and said that's us, off we went to the church, for the 2nd time.

We pull up to the church, at 1.20pm, and there's still people outside. So glad they waited as it was nice to see some friendly faces & they helped with the nerves which were worse than ever thanks to our wee delay. I got out the car with the help of my BMs and made a beeline for the people waiting. I remember shouting "I can't believe he forgot the rings!" And there are a few pics of my with my hands flying around the air haha. I posed for a few pics & spoke to our lovely priest for a while. He said to me he thought I said I wouldn't be late. I told him I wasn't late and they forgot the rings and he laughed saying he didn't know I knew about that, sneaky trying to blame me! I stood for a bit longer chatting to work pals, I was late now so a few more minutes wouldn't hurt I thought. Then it was time, my BMs, Dad & I went into the church foyer. My 2 ushers, my nephew & brother, we're there waiting, and I could see all our guests. The foyer in the church is all glass so I could see them and they could see me. At the front I could see hubby, standing like a regimented soldier with his hands clasped behind his back. I bet he was crapping it after the rings haha. The priest asked if we were ready then headed down to aisle to rui the bell, that was the sign for the string quartet to start and for us to go down the aisle......show time!

We walked down the aisle to "it's All About You" by the quartet. My BMs went first with my flowergirl, we had practiced going down the aisle at the rehearsal but not sure if any of them remembered so my dad was telling each one when to go. Then it was our turn, we started to walk but just before we got to the top of the aisle I had to pull Dad back. I was having another panting moment to try stop the tears I could feel about to start, and didn't want to walk down the aisle like that, so I took a wee moment to compose myself and off we went. The first person I seen was 1 of my friends & she was in tears, I started laughing & told her to stop or she would start me off, after that my nerves disappeared. I was walking down the rest of the aisle saying hi, thanks for coming to everyone, like some sort of celebrity! We got to the bottom of the aisle, my Dad gave me a kiss on the cheek and handed me over to hubby. Aaww he looked so handsome in his kilt, he had the biggest smile on his face and so did I. All he could say was "wow" over again before telling me how beautiful I looked. I had worried a bit about what he would think as my make up was different to what I usually have, as was my hair and my big dress. I had asked him before what he thought my dress was like and he never really got it right so wasn't sure how he would like it. Luckily he loved it!

The service was lovely, our readers done so well and the priest said some lovely things about us and our families. My Dad said I was shouting my vows. I remember at the first response the priest said to hubby "a bit louder" and I must've taken that a bit literally and was shouting "I DO!" And "I WILL!" Haha I'm dreading seeing that on the video. The rest of the ceremony went by in a flash, before I knew it we were signing the resister. The quartet played a 'a secret wedding' from Braveheart and 'a million love songs' by take that whilst we signed & had some photos. Then down the aisle we went as Mr & Mrs Thomlinson to 'All You Need is Love'. We were now officially man & wife, and I was beaming.

We went outside & mingled with some of our guests before they got on the busses to take them to Ingliston, and we headed back in the church for some photos at the alter. Somehow my mum ended up on one of the buses when she should've stayed to get photos at the church as it was the wedding party that stayed behind. So I have no photos of her with me at the church which I'm a bit annoyed/upset about, but nothing can be done now. Also my brothers nephew somehow ended up in the wedding arty photos. He wasn't part of the wedding party and it might sound silly but I was a bit peeved he was getti in all those photos & my mum wasn't even in them. Anyway, few pics at the church then off we got back into the cars to head to the reception venue. Hubby & I had a wee talk about the ceremony & the ring incident & had a laugh about it. He said he was nearly sick when he figured out the rings weren't with them, poor guy. We got to Ingliston & had a few pics with the car then mingled with our guests again for a bit before getting all our formal photos outside, the sun came out right in time for some fantastic shots and for us to have a wee go in the see saw at the park haha.

Hubby & I managed to get a wee 5 minutes to ourselves as the guests were seated for dinner & the top table got piped in, then it was us. Ingliston done amazing job with the room, it looked gorgeous, everyone commented on how lovely the whole venue was & how well they looked after everyone. The speeches were brilliant, so personal & I loved them. The best man forgot his speech (a theme there with that & the rings) and he did waffle on a bit but he did say some lovely things. After the speech it was dinner time, and it was well needed. The food was so tasty and everyone again loved it. I didn't really eat dessert as I was quite full from the first 2 courses, plus I was bursting for a pee. I grabbed 1 of my bridesmaids & we headed over to our room at the hotel to help with my dress. I didn't think I would fit in a cubicle & the hotel was right beside the suite so was easy enough to get to......it was a bit tricky to get on the look I ended up sitting on it the wrong way, kind of straddling it facing the wall, I must've been some sight but it was the easiest way to sit. After I was 'relieved' I headed back to the venue & everyone was just finishing their desserts and walking about mingling. It was such a lovely atmosphere & everyone was having a ball. Lots of laughing about the room, just the way I pictured it.
    Last edited by Laurabelle84; 29-09-2014 at 11:37 PM.

After the meal we all moved downstairs so the room could be turned round for the evening. We got some more photos outside and our evening guests started to arrive. The photographer wanted a sunset pic so took hubby & I over to nearby field, literally 2 seconds outside the car park of Ingliston to get his shots. The videographer came too & got roped into holding my dress & veil for a few shots. We then headed back to the venue & everyone was being taken back to the suite for the reception to start. Our band House Arrest then introduced us for our first dance, 'Please Forgive Me' by Bryan Adams and they done it brilliantly. Our first dance was perfect, I know it's a bit of a cliche but I honestly felt like during the dance it was just hubby & me, everyone else disappeared for a few minutes. Next was my dance with my Dad, we had told the band to just pick a song they thought would be appropriate as we couldn't decide on a song, so they played 'Have I told you lately that I love you'. I had a wee bubble at the start but was such a lovely dance and nice to get that time with my Dad. Next to my Hubby my Dad is my rock, so I'll cherish that forever. After that it was party time. The band was amazing, the dance floor was full all night dancing to them. We also had a photo booth included in our package with the photographer. I was worried not many people would use it as it was outside the main suite, but I need not have worried, it was mobbed! I couldn't believe how many people actually went down to it, it was a huge success.

I spent a lot of my night on the dance floor, with the occasional break outside to get some air. My friend who done my hair was there so she was brilliant in helping get my veil off after the first few dances & fixing my hair since I was knocking it all over the place with my dancing. I couldn't believe it when the bar announced last orders at the bar, I wasn't ready for my night to end, and neither did a lot of my guests by the looks of it. Others looked like they should've packed it in a while before haha. We said our goodbyes to all our guests and we were the last to leave the suite. We walked over to the hotel and into our amazing room. We had a jacuzzi bath and I was right in it as soon as I could. It was so good to cool down & relax my poor feet and hips after getting the dress & shoes off. Both hubby & I sat in it for a while just talking about the best day of our lives and laughing at some of the days antics. Even when I went to bed that night my mind was racing with the days events, I was so tired but it was almost 4am before I fell asleep, my first sleep as Mrs Thomlinson xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done if you managed to read all to the end without falling asleep! Sorry it's so long & detailed, I just enjoyed recalling my day so much I guess I just got a bit carried away I'm green with envy for anyone still to get married, I would do it all again in a heartbeat, even with the wee hiccups. I know everyone says it but it really is the fastest day of your life. Take time during your day to have a few minutes of just you and your new husband to take it all in, it's your day after all. Best of luck to all the future brides xx
    Last edited by Laurabelle84; 30-09-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	12534
    Our first dance x

Views:	101 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	12535

Views:	97 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	12536
    Our priest wanted a pic so he could put it on FB x

Attachment 12537
    Me and my beautiful bridesmaids xx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Views:	65 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	12539
    One of our sunset shots x

Blurry pic of us & our cake that I loved! Once I get the official photos from the photographer I'll post the link

Views:	71 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	12540

Enjoying a glass of bubbly Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	12541

Great report and your pictures are stunning x

Super Senior Member

Wow, you look stunning, your dress is gorgeous! Like you I've gone for a fuller dress than I thought I would so I'm nervous about what my OH will think too. You both look so happy and the photos are gorgeous. Totally loved your report, lots of info, just how I like it x x

Thanks girls, and well done for reading it all! I'm doing an English course in college & my essays aren't even as long as my report xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Lovely pictures. You look so happy Congratulations xx

Super Senior Member

Just want to say that is one of the best wedding reports ever! really loved it and got me super excited! beautiful pictures xxx

Congratulations :-) Sounds like you had a perfect day and your pictures are stunning! xxx

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

what a fab report - I really enjoyed reading it. Your photos are lovely - your dress is really beautiful. Congratulations.

Getting married on 23/06/12