Thread: Laura & Paul 26th July 2014

Default Laura & Paul 26th July 2014

Well it will be five weeks on Saturday since I became Mrs Burnside 😊 honestly can't believe how quickly it has flown by!

We had a fantastic day, I'm sure all brides and grooms say that, but it is such a special and unique time. We both struggled to put the rings on and Paul forgot to give his nephew his gift, but these wee things make it a memorable day. It did rain about ten minutes after our ceremony finished, but we did manage to get some pics outside with Edinburgh castle in the background (got married at Apex International hotel). Despite the rain we were still smiling all day and our photographs are awesome! Still got to choose them for our album but seen them via slideshow, I could look at them all day 😄

Everyone tells you how quickly your day goes, and it really does fly in. I was awake from around 6.30am and went to bed about 2.30 am the following morning, but there was so much going on. Even the meal flew in.

Although you have your rehearsal with the minister and meetings with the venue etc, there were small things on the day that you just went with the flow. For example I was saying to Paul "how are we meant to cut the cake?" Sounds silly but no one shows you exactly how you are meant to stand or where to cut it, we ended up cutting into the middle tier!

Everyone seemed to have a great time, and that was one of my worries before the day. You just want your guests to be happy and well looked after, and there were no dramas. Wish could re-live the day again but the photographs are a great way of keeping memories and we still have our wedding video to look forward to.

We were lucky enough to enjoy our honeymoon in New York, we had such fun. It was our first time there and it was so surreal, you felt like you knew the place as soon as you were there. Also still feels a little strange to be called Laura Burnside, but in a good way.

But then all too quickly after 2.5 weeks off work, it was back to reality. It seems so weird that only a few weeks ago I was running around doing last minute preparations and checks, then we got married, have been on honeymoon and that's it 😢 did anyone else feel really kind of flat when they went back to work? All the organising was certainly worth it, but I'm now clinging onto anyone that's getting married to hear all about their preparations, lol.

People are asking if it feels any different now we are married. I keep jokingly saying no, but honestly it does feel like a new chapter in the start of the rest of our lives together. I feel more contented and we are more of a team, and I wasn't sure how I would feel before the wedding as we have been together 6.5 years already.

Hopefully can can give some help to other forum members who are in the exciting (and sometimes stressful) stages of planning their wedding in the future 😃 xxxx

congratulations!! sounds like you both had a lovely day, wishing you all the best for the years ahead.

Super Senior Member

People are asking if it feels any different now we are married. I keep jokingly saying no, but honestly it does feel like a new chapter in the start of the rest of our lives together. I feel more contented and we are more of a team, and I wasn't sure how I would feel before the wedding as we have been together 6.5 years already.

This brought a wee tear to my eye! Congratulations! x

Super Senior Member

Aww thank you for sharing and congratulations! Where are you supposed to cut the cake then? xxx

Thanks ladies I'm really not sure where you are meant to cut the cake! We had ribbon round the bottom of each tier so wherever we cut it, the knive wasn't going to go all the way through anyway,lol.

Wishing everyone a fantastic wedding day when it comes xx