Thread: Suggestions to get male friends involved

Default Suggestions to get male friends involved

Hi all!
    In the process of planning and have our bridesmaids and ushers, thing is I have two male friends of mine who I am very close to, and want to ask them to be involved in our day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can ask them to do - brides mate aside? I'm thinking along the lines of a reading or something, however don't know what kind of reading I can ask them to read that's a male friend can read without being too cheesy?

Any suggestions would be great! Xx

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

What about a reading from a book rather than a slushy poem. If you google wedding readings from books you'll get loads of ideas xxx

What about also doing the 'Mr & Mrs' game during the evening and asking them to read out the questions?
    X

What about a 'pub quiz' between the meal and the band setting up? It's a bit of dead time that usually needs to be filled and they can make it wedding related? I did this for a friend last year at their wedding and did questions about the Bride and Groom's home town, wedding traditions etc. Only thing I would say is GIVE THEM A TIME LIMIT! I ran way over and rushed through the end because I was holding up the first dance, cringe!

I had my closest male friend as our MC - x