Thread: Kayleigh & Craig 15.8.14

Default Kayleigh & Craig 15.8.14

Hi all,

just going to do a supplier report from our wedding on 15th August as I had so many great ones I really feel they deserve some recognition! Will attach a few photos too.

Oran Mor - this venue is AMAZING. I loved it from day one, but there's no doubt it doesn't come cheap - BUT it's definitely possible to negotiate (we got a 10% discount, cheaper canapés and a cheaper buffet) - I'd recommend anyone try this although within reason! Oran mor, and the coordinator Louise couldn't do enough for us. We had so many comments about how spectacular the place looked, and also the food and service was perfect. I'm not sure if Louise is actually based there any more - the only disappointing thing was that she wasn't there on the day - but the staff who were on hand were great! Love love love it!!!

Humanist Maureen Hutchison - lovely woman! So glad we had her to conduct what was a lovely, personal service. She gave us a copy of the ceremony too so we can read it back which was a nice touch I thought.

Imagine Images - Kirsty & Ross are amazing photographers and we had such a laugh with them. Only seen a sneak peek of our pics, but I'm delighted with what I've seen. They were helpful and kept us relaxed all day. We opted out of photos at Botanics and went to Ashton lane - so glad we did - if I'd wanted garden type photos I would've went to a country house with grounds, we wanted more of an urban feel and I think they captured this perfectly. I feel the package was great value for money - photography can seem expensive, but they amount of work that goes in is unbelievable. Can't wait to see rest of our photos and album!!

Elegance bridal in Merchant city for my dress and veil - loved this bridal shop, the only one I didn't feel under any pressure to purchase, when I was swithering about my dress because my sister wasn't there to see it, the girl told me to go to some other shops to confirm it was my dress and bring my sister back when she was home! Great service all the way through including alterations.

Flossy & Dossy for bridesmaid dresses - Wendy is absolutely amazing, and another person who literally couldn't do enough for us, even offering to re line the dresses in specific colours to match the girls shoes. Considering all her work, the dresses were inexpensive and much better quality compared to those I've seen in bridal shops, and I got to select fabric, style etc. lovely lady, cannot recommend enough.

Band Karma Rockets - six piece band who kept the dance floor full without being wedding cheesy!! Learnt two songs for us and were brilliant, completely recommend esp for a larger venue! Think they had to drag me off the dance floor in the end!!!

Pianist Alex Graham - what a talented guy, he played during ceremony drinks reception and dinner, well worth paying for the extra couple hours so nice to have background music and he plays everything! Including the Disney songs for me and the bridesmaids walking down the aisle

Gary Henderson piper- only booked him a few weeks before as husband wasn't too bothered with a piper but so glad we did, added a real sense of occasion!

Light up Love letters - these looked fab on the dance floor! They were just a wee extra touch, not really necessary but they looked great. We were lucky enough to have freebie fairy lights in the venue too, which some events company had hung for a wedding the following day! Love a freebie!!

Stationary - I designed all the stationary myself (available for commissions lol joking) and had Deacon Bros in Kirkintillich print hem - nice cheap way of doing it, probably ended up spending about 50p an invite and same for order of services.

flowers - my friend Shona did these beautifully. I wanted tulips (completely out of season!!) in pink and purple, so they weren't as bright as I'd've liked but I thought they were lovely, not too formal and quite romantic looking

lynsey Finlay make up - absolutely lovely girl and complete perfectionist! Loved my make up at the trial and on the day, wish she could do my make up every day!!!

Laura Scarff hair - another lovely girl, who did a great job with the hair. I was a bit confused about what I wanted but she got it spot on on the day!!!

Custom cakes by Lynsey - yummy cake although I only got to try one flavour

wedding cars by Glasgow taxis - very efficient, good communication, clean. Not a fancy car but does the job!

Kilts from McCalls - didn't deal much with the kilts as that was husbands job! All seemed to go fine though!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by kayls; 26-08-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	12354

Views:	111 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	12356

Views:	136 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	12357

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Awww congratulations!!! Gorgeous photos! I especially like the ones taken down Ashton Lane (is that where it was?!) xx

Wow congratulations!! You look stunning I also love your bridesmaids dresses style! Will need to chemo out flossy and dossy xxxx

Congratulations,lovely pics,the ones in ashton lane r fab xx

Super Senior Member

Aww your pics are fab - congrats xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you look stunning x

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Congratulations! You look lovely great photos xx

Aww congratulations Your pics are gorgeous xx

Fab pics Bridesmaids are gorgeous dresses too! Congratulations xx

wow you looked gorgeous! And I love a dress with a big train

Super Senior Member

Yay!! I saw yours pics on the I Love Letters Facebook and glad you lived Orsn Mor as much as we did. Brings back good memories. Congratulations!!

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Aww gorge!!! I love the pics in Ashton Lane also, sooo lovely xxx

Super Senior Member

Huge congratulations, you look gorgeous and so happy. Your photos are fab, which is great as we have the same photographer Time to enjoy married life x