Thread: Exercise Help

Super Senior Member

Default Exercise Help

Hi girls, can anyone give me some advice please. I'm really lucky in that im quite naturally petite but I do have the hips and the bum! So my dress is really fitted across the hip area and id quite like to try slim my thighs/hips/bum down - what exercise is best? Ive started up Zumba once a week and just this week I joined a jogging group - but would the jogging make me more bigger on the thighs?! From a very confused lazy but motivated bride x

Super Senior Member

p.s I hate swimming haha

Jogging won't make you bigger it will just tone your legs. The only difficult part is often people who won't to lose weight off their thighs tend to lose weight of their boobs etc. Can be frustrating. I would suggest adding a body pump or something similar as doing weights actually helps you lose weight and unless you're lifting heavy you won't get as big as you might think!

Super Senior Member

I am in such an unknown with exercise! lol. So maybe if I carried small weights whilst jogging? Or try a metafit class? The things we brides do! But its certainly given me a kick to get more fit! Thanks for your advice

I started exercising at the beginning of the year (crosstrainer, zumba- love it, weights) and I have noticed my thighs being more defined because before they were quite... eh, flabby (still are a bit but not as much). I would suggest just doing what you enjoy because if you enjoy it then you are more likely to stick to your workouts.

You definitely need some weights. Try a circuits class plus the metafit and jogging. Do them all once a week and You'll have the body you want before you know it x

Try training your thighs and bum by doing squats and leg weights. It really has to go with a healthy diet or it wont work. Weights are fab, alot of women think they are purely for adding muscle, they burn fat like god knows what. I do leg presses and squats and ive lost nearly a stone and im starting to get firmer but again a high protein diet is a must xxx
    Claire & Darren, Piperdam, July 2016

I have the same problem areas and agree with what everyone else has said. In addition, cycling is good cos it tones those areas in particular. I commute to work a couple times a week by bike and also go to a spin/RPM class which is great and burns a lot of calories!

I'm the same. All my weight goes on my bum & thighs. I would definitely recommend a mixture of weights and cardio. Leading up to my wedding I did a lot of classes and I can't recommend body pump enough. I love it. I always find it to be a really tough class, so that must mean I'm working hard I also do spinning, but I think jogging would be just as good in terms of cardio.

Hi, jogging will def not make your tights bigger.You will develop mussless but loos excessive fat so your pins will look fab! Try to jog at least every second day, 30 mins is the minimum.Good luck,let us know how it went!

Super Senior Member

Hi girls! Thanks so much for all that advice, just home from a week of drinking and eating in Spain so feeling ultra motivated today! Have my zumba classes on Mondays and the jogging group is an hr long on Tuesdays, looking into a kettlebells class aswell! Will let you know when I get my bride bod! haha xx