Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Exercise to get ready for the big day?

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by joannemc View Post
    I been worrying about this too, didn't really think through the dress lol. I hate my back & I'm so pale too I'm kinda thinking of getting a sheer panel over it
    Im thinking about a veil if I dont shift it!!! xxx

Im thinking of moving in with her and jst letting her make all my meals lol xx

Platinum Member

I hadn't thought about the veil hiding my back, I'm deffo having a veil anyway.

Lol she can start a bootcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Glitterball View Post
    Kirsty_stanton you look fab! Well done!

also, where's your white dress from?

Awww thanks very much. It's from River Island x

Quote Originally Posted by fafa View Post
    omg how fab do you look you have done amazing.....im hoping looking and reading all this will give me the boot up the ass im needing....dress is in wardrope for next year!! x

Thank You x

Quote Originally Posted by thenxtmrsR View Post
    I really need to get my ass in gear and some weight off. My wedding dress is a size smaller than i am. I started herbalife but the milk aggrivated my gallbladder and i ended up in hospital, now waiting ti get it removed. Then i got over that, joined slimming world and was doing ok til i ended up in a car accident which im just recovering from. My dress will be in in november and we get married in may so hopefully nothing else will happen and ill be able to get back on my diet and back to the gym. Kirsty stanton well done, what an achievment xx
    Sorry to hear about your car accident, but thank you for your kind words x

Platinum Member

Still on same subject, anyone any good recipes they can share? Week 2 of being back at weight watchers & dont want to get bored/stuck with dinners etc

Still on same subject, anyone any good recipes they can share? Week 2 of being back at weight watchers & dont want to get bored/stuck with dinners etc
    This is is a great idea.

I have loads - but I don't know how WW friendly they are - I'll try and type up a few once I get some time (Probs tomorrow lunchtime!!) xx

Platinum Member

I know i can do with some inspiration sometimes so thought if we can all help each other why not.

Thats the best thing about WW plan is you can tweak almost anything into it being more WW friendly

I know i can do with some inspiration sometimes so thought if we can all help each other why not.

Thats the best thing about WW plan is you can tweak almost anything into it being more WW friendly
    I'll defo get my recipes posted then!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_stanton View Post
    I'll defo get my recipes posted then!! xx
    like x

Platinum Member

Ooh fab

Gonna try find all mine tonight too

Hi Joanne, although I am a freelance makeup artist I saw this and thought I would appreciate the referral. I have been using a personal trainer with a group of 3 other friends (which makes it very affordable) 20 per session for 4 people and 15 per session for 3 people.

I have referred many of my brides to him this year as I have noticed a massive difference. Brides who have had children and were struggling to loose the 'baby tummy' have seen a massive improvement. The average is 3 times a week. It's like boot camp yet not as nauseating and on a group if friends or all females it's really enjoyable.

If you would like not info
    I can send his number on. He trains people from East Kilbride /cambuslang. I travel 30 mins 3 times a week because I think he's so good.

Hope this helps

Louise x

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Louiseballantinemua View Post
    Hi Joanne, although I am a freelance makeup artist I saw this and thought I would appreciate the referral. I have been using a personal trainer with a group of 3 other friends (which makes it very affordable) 20 per session for 4 people and 15 per session for 3 people.

I have referred many of my brides to him this year as I have noticed a massive difference. Brides who have had children and were struggling to loose the 'baby tummy' have seen a massive improvement. The average is 3 times a week. It's like boot camp yet not as nauseating and on a group if friends or all females it's really enjoyable.

If you would like not info
    I can send his number on. He trains people from East Kilbride /cambuslang. I travel 30 mins 3 times a week because I think he's so good.

Hope this helps

Louise x
    Thanks Louise, that does sound fab.

On a wee separate note, I sent you a Facebook mail the other day about the tan you provide J

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

I have been going to classes and on/off healthy eating for about 2 years haha. I'm definitely in better shape now than when I first got engaged, but I felt over the past few months I've hit a bit of a brick wall & nothing's changing. So I decided to bite the billet and book a PT for the last few weeks up to the wedding.

I booked a block of 12 sessions & have been to 10 so far & can see a difference in the 5 or so weeks I've been going. It's great to get one on one time with someone who is helping you with your own goals,
    instead of just a generic class. He also gave me a diet plan which has been pretty simple to follow, although I've not been 100% strict with it I've seen big changes. My only regret is not going to him sooner. I still go to my classes aswell as seeing him, but with 2 weeks to go until the wedding I know I'll never be the size I wanted when I pictured myself on my honeymoon.......but I'm happy with what I've achieved till now

No doubt I'll be back to him to work off all the honeymoon goodies xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
    I have been going to classes and on/off healthy eating for about 2 years haha. I'm definitely in better shape now than when I first got engaged, but I felt over the past few months I've hit a bit of a brick wall & nothing's changing. So I decided to bite the billet and book a PT for the last few weeks up to the wedding.

I booked a block of 12 sessions & have been to 10 so far & can see a difference in the 5 or so weeks I've been going. It's great to get one on one time with someone who is helping you with your own goals,
    instead of just a generic class. He also gave me a diet plan which has been pretty simple to follow, although I've not been 100% strict with it I've seen big changes. My only regret is not going to him sooner. I still go to my classes aswell as seeing him, but with 2 weeks to go until the wedding I know I'll never be the size I wanted when I pictured myself on my honeymoon.......but I'm happy with what I've achieved till now

No doubt I'll be back to him to work off all the honeymoon goodies xx
    Wow, well done on going & sticking to it. I have just under 6 months but have had to lay off the exercise due to health issues but have been really good with eating, cant wait to get back into it & give the last big push for it

I've always do e some sort of exercise even before we got engaged but I wasn't really as dedicated as I am now & wouldn't mind so much if I missed a class or too, now I feel guilty if I miss something, think maybe it's because I enjoy it now, whereas before I felt it was a bit of a chore.

I'm not the best with eating though, I have little self control over goodies haha especially this week, think I'm getting pre-wedding munchies instead of pre-wedding nerves! xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
    I've always do e some sort of exercise even before we got engaged but I wasn't really as dedicated as I am now & wouldn't mind so much if I missed a class or too, now I feel guilty if I miss something, think maybe it's because I enjoy it now, whereas before I felt it was a bit of a chore.

I'm not the best with eating though, I have little self control over goodies haha especially this week, think I'm getting pre-wedding munchies instead of pre-wedding nerves! xx

Aaw no so this "oh youll totally lose weight in the weeks before with the stress" isnt true ?? lol

Aaw no so this "oh youll totally lose weight in the weeks before with the stress" isnt true ?? lol
    Haha might be for some brides, but deffo not me, I'm out of control & can't stop eating haha. Maybe the running about doing things the week of the wedding will burn it all off again xx

Platinum Member

Everyones such a liar lol, was hoping to lose stones in that run up to it lol

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Please don't write this off, as I wish someone had told me this before the wedding (or, to be honest, when I was in my teens)...

Lift weights.

Seriously.

Take up powerlifting, or weightlifting, or natural bodybuilding, or anything that involves barbell strength training and keep a tab on how much you eat (I lost weight eating 2000 calories a day and now eat around 2500-3200 to maintain my weight). I was a size 16-18, I'm now a size 8-10 and I'm not even close to being "bulky" or "manly".

I was always overweight and doing yo-yo diets with no lasting success. Now, I'm a healthy weight and actually curvier than I ever was (in terms of proportions).
    Fairy Gokmother

Hey all

Just thought I'd share what I've been doing - Kayla Itsines 12 week Bikini Body Guide. She's an Australian fitness trainer with a huge Instagram following. I started following her on it and saw all the photos she posted of girls before and after pics of using her guide so I decided to buy it myself.

It's basically a circuit routine of simple exercises like squats and lunges etc, you can do in a gym or at home. Each session takes half and hour and it really focuses on toning up. The intensity of the exercises builds up each week you use it. I've noticed a difference already and only been following it for 5 weeks. The guide has pictures of her actually doing each exercise which I find really useful. I just printed it out and take with me to the gym. Or do it at home if I can't get to the gym.

If anyone is interested in having it, if you give me your email address if I will email to you

L x

I got to the gym 3 times a week and having a clean (ish) diet. I do different areas each day plus cardio. So arms, legs and abs. Also working in back and chest. Its been working so far anyway! Good luck! Xxx
    Claire & Darren, Piperdam, July 2016

NearlyMrsY

Hi futuremrsvaliente - could you please send me the guide when u have a minute! 30 mins is perfect for my early morning blitz! Xx