Thread: Pre ceremony music & walking down the aisle? :-/

Default Pre ceremony music & walking down the aisle? :-/

Hey ladies,

So I am really struggling with choosing songs/music for the above..

I really have no idea what to have playing as the guests are all sitting down at the ceremony etc and waiting for myself and BM and ushers etc to come in... What's everyone having... Also what to walk down the aisle too... I'm stuck lol... Looking for a little guidance.. Thanks ladies only 2 weeks on Saturday to go so gotta get organised xxx

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

I love this topic!!!

it totally depends. You could go for traditional, chart, soppy love songs, ballads or songs that are special to you and h2b.

it also depends if you're just having an iPod/quartet/guitarist/solo singer - if you want live music do you have someone who old do it for you?

my husband and I are musicians who met while studying music so we had a nightmare narrowing our list down!

we chose songs that meant something to us. I walked down the aisle to Mae by the gaslight anthem, I've been to several weddings since mine whose bridal entrance songs ranged from Christina perri's a thousand years, wild mountain thyme, savage garden's I knew I loved you, etc.

lots of brides opt for the extremely dramatic and emotional bagpipes as they walk in (always gets me teary!)

think about out songs you both like that hold memories, make you think of one another etc.

don't think you need to keep it traditional, it's YOUR wedding. We had quite a heavy metal/rock themed wedding - ad/dc, Metallica, gaslight anthem, jimmy eat world mixed in with a little Elvis, fallout boy, city & colour, Disney etc - don't think it needs anybody's approval other than you and h2b's!!

xxx

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

We just had a playlist on the ipod while everyone was mingling before the ceremony and then while they were getting seated in the ceremony room. We didn't want 'traditional' wedding music like orchestral pieces so we ended up with songs like Stevie Wonder 'For Once in My Life', Bill Withers 'Lean on Me', Oasis 'Let There Be Love'... We then went for a normal song for me to walk down the aisle to as I didn't want a piper or a traditional/classical piece of music - I had Rod Stewart 'You're in my Heart'. I love the song plus the words of the chorus are perfect! (we didn't play the verse about having affairs obviously, lol!) Choosing music was soooo hard, coz we wanted it to reflect our taste in music as well as our relationship... Good luck!!! xx

Super Senior Member

I'm in the process of making the same desicions, and we're a week on Saturday...... We've got a string quartet, and I think I've managed to narrow the search down to REM NIghtswimming for me walking in (I just love the music to it, and gives me that warm, nice feeling inside). When signing the register H2B wants Here Comes the Sun by Paul McCartney (he's a massive fan, & the song is lovely & upbeat on strings), then we're having Elbow's One Day Like This when walking out...... I think! Although I do love Stevie Wonder's For Once in my Life! xx

I will have my piper playing while my guests are arriving and taking their seats. I am walking down the aisle to Highland Cathedral and were walking out to the Sleeping Tune. My piper will then play for initial photos and then again for seating guests at wedding breakfast. I'm now debating whether to have something like a string quartet during champagne and canapes or just have the venues own music which is a mix of music but maybe not as personal. We could also take ipod and docking station but my concern would be sound quality.. xx

I was surprised at how much the musical part of the day meant to us - neither of us is particularly musical but we both thought long and hard about songs!

We are having the piper play outside the church before we arrive, and then I am walking down the aisle to a secret song that only a select few know - it's a surprise for H2B as it always makes me think of him. Too paranoid to write it here! We are having an organ piece chosen by my Grandad while we sign the register, and we are being piped out to Scotland the Brave. At the reception we have created a spotify playlist for the drinks and meal, and another to be played during the band's break. As the other girls have said, it should just be up to you and H2B what you want xx

Thanks ladies for all the advice... I will get onto this over the next couple of nights... I will also be having a wee look at some of your music too xxx

Platinum Member

This is something I'm finding really hard too, I have no idea what to make an entrance to, only song we've kina agreed on was Louis Armstrong for when signing the register, silence any other time lol

We're using my ipod for all the day music as we couldn't stretch to a string quartet which is what I really wanted ideally. However there are loads of string quartet version of modern songs all over itunes so I've made playlists from these. I'm walking down the aisle to the string version of 'use somebody' by kings of leon. The whole playlist has string versions of songs by the killers, Metallica, linkin park, Adele, kasabian and loads others. I'm downloading more tonight!

Love this forum for posts like this as gets the rest of us thinking! Our wedding is May so I've been thinking of aisle/first dance/signing register but didn't think of guests mingling... I want a string quartet but may be out with budget I like the idea of you having meaningful songs? It can be so hard to pick the first dance song so let's you use your runner up songs!

Super Senior Member

I have just over 10 weeks to go and this is a real struggle for me too. I want music that sounds like 'us' without being cheesy or over the top xxx

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissN View Post
    I'm in the process of making the same desicions, and we're a week on Saturday...... We've got a string quartet, and I think I've managed to narrow the search down to REM NIghtswimming for me walking in (I just love the music to it, and gives me that warm, nice feeling inside). When signing the register H2B wants Here Comes the Sun by Paul McCartney (he's a massive fan, & the song is lovely & upbeat on strings), then we're having Elbow's One Day Like This when walking out...... I think! Although I do love Stevie Wonder's For Once in my Life! xx
    Those songs were on our playlist too! Good taste!

ClaireM - You have the same tune as me!!
    we are having a complete mix - the one before I walk down the aisle is Europe the Final Countdown.
    We also have Clannad, Alice Cooper, Nine Inch Nails, Runrig, Johnny Cash and Queen on the playlist. I'm going for string love songs while signing the register and being piped out.
    I intend to use the piper as much as possible as I've been getting complaints already that people don't like pipers!

Advertisers

Yeah! Having good taste in music includes Metallica, NIN and Johnny Cash.=) Welcome to 777extraslot.com where you can play free online slots and win real money in no deposit.
    Last edited by LiamHenrich; 22-05-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Sober