Thread: DIY Candy Bar

Default DIY Candy Bar

Hi Ladies . Im looking to do my own DIY candy bar, for anyone else who has done this, where has been the best place to get glass jars etc? Any help would be appreciated

Jenna x

Hi Jennac,

I'm not doing a candy buffet myself but s good place is the buy and sell on these forums, there are always some lovely ladies looking to seel on their jars after the wedding.

xx

Thank you! i will have a little look now x

I found Ikea best for jars, ebay/amazon for scoops/tongs/bags and the supermarkets (I bought mine after Christmas on offer so maybe makro etc will be better just now) and poundland best for sweeties

xxx

Super Senior Member

Hi Jennac, I am having a candy buffet and I have picked up a lot of jars from Asda and Matalan! I have just picked up a few as I go and I probably have to much now! Keep an eye on Home Bargains online for good sweetie discounts xxx

Hi Jennac, we are doing a DIY candy bar too - we got a candy bar sign off ebay which came with free paint so i painted it and added some rhinestones to it, and we bought our jars off a bride on here but got some extra from The Range, so would check them out..you can get scoops and tongs of ebay too, we got a whole bunch for 10.

xxxx

Platinum Member

I'm doing my own as well, i found Ikea done great ones for less than 1 each, Amazon also done some lovely Kilner jars, I have also bought some cheap glasses that I'm going to sparkle up to use as well. Ebay for the bags & tongs which were also pretty cheap, now I just need ribbon, have a downloadable template for making the sign that i got off a wedding website & then to buy the sweets.

I got quotes from places just to reassure me that I was doing the right thing by doing it myself & have had none cheaper than 200 & thats based on 100 guests (we will possibly have more than 200) & in some they picked the sweets for you! So deffo better off doing it yourself

Thanks for all your help ladies . There was no way i was spending hundreds of pounds for someone to provide sweeties! Plus, it's more fun to do it yourself! Amazon have 100 bags for 2.. can't go wrong with that! Im only having about 50 guests at my wedding too so i wouldn't need as much as some! x

Quote Originally Posted by hells View Post
    Hi Jennac, I am having a candy buffet and I have picked up a lot of jars from Asda and Matalan! I have just picked up a few as I go and I probably have to much now! Keep an eye on Home Bargains online for good sweetie discounts xxx

Oh i completely forgot about matalan.. thank you lovely! x

Hey guys,

I was going to do my own diy sweet buffet but ended up getting a great offer with Bella Bows. She runs offers all the time for sweet buffets for 150 people for 100 or 120. She also creates great discounts if you order a few services. Seems quite a reputable wee buisiness. It still may be cheaper to do yourself but, as my venue is an exclusive use and may be busy the day before, it is the best option for me time wise!

Xxxx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Hi Jen, I am selling my candy buffet stuff. If you would be interested in this, Pm me.

I have various jars, striped bags, tongs and a love sign.

Fiona x

Super Senior Member

welcome! xx

Hi Jenna, I am getting mine from IKEA.Lots of choice and they are reasonably priced too.

Good luck, Danii

Hi wasn't planning on doing a candy buffet but was in Paperchase tonight and they have sets of scoops, signs (though quite small), bags and stickers for half price, will be going back for a better look tomorrow. As an aside when I was in they gave me a free loyalty card which entitles you to a free coffee every month from the coffee shop, don't know if this applies at all tinderbox cafes or just the ones in paperchase shops but I shant complain at a freebie, though I think I may now officially need a separate wallet for all my loyalty cards.

Hi Fiona,

Just seen your post and was wondering if you still have your candy buffet stuff for sale?

Thanks

Suzie x

Super Senior Platinum Member

D
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieb View Post
    Hi Fiona,

Just seen your post and was wondering if you still have your candy buffet stuff for sale?

Thanks

Suzie x
    Hi Suzie, yes w still have everything as I've not done anything with it. If you are interested drop me a pm x x