Thread: Help! Dunfermline City Chambers

Question Help! Dunfermline City Chambers

Hello!
    First post as take first tentative steps into wedding planning...!

We are considering getting married abroad in October when we are on holiday, however this may or may not happen depending on my OH's divorce being finalised in time...
    So as a back up i'm looking into Dunfermline City Chambers as a potential venue. However, there is little or no info available online about cost.

Does anyone out there know how much it costs to use the chambers as a venue? have you been married here? what was it like? any pitfalls ? advice?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!
    E

Super Senior Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I have been in the chambers a few times (I work for the council) The room where the weddings are held is lovely, nice big sweeping staircase up to it! I think the cost is roughly 100-200.
    The only downfall for me is its on the main road so people are going about their business when your the belle of the ball! Im sure you could view it tho, give them a call, good luck with the rest of your planning! xxx

Hello Hells,
    Thanks for your reply. I gave the council a call and they raised an enquiry for me for someone to call me back (...still waiting )
    I also need to ask them if Fife registry/council do a free to marry form / certificate of no impediment as we will need this should we decide to marry abroad too.

i've been inside once for a wedding and i thought it was beautiful! particularly the stairway! but i totally agree with you regarding the location, its far from ideal for making an entrance! at least there are carparks nearby so thats at least positive!!
    x

Super Senior Member

lol the joys of the council...waiting! good luck and let me know how it goes xxx

6 days on... Still waiting on this phone call

I would ring again and maybe ask for an appointment. I've been dealing with Edinburgh Council registrars and they seem to operate everything through an appointment system. That way you can meet with someone who can answer your questions and provide the right information. I'm surprised they don't put something as basic as costs on their website as this is something that Edinburgh do.

Good luck, I hope you get somewhere with it soon!