Thread: Powder or blotting paper??

Default Powder or blotting paper??

Hi ladies

Looking for some opinions on pressed powder vs blotting paper.

Had my hair & make up trial today & MUA advised to get either of these for the day of the wedding.

I've personally never used blotting papers but I'm wondering if they are a better option than powder. My worry with the powder is that my make up could end of looking cakey or dry.

Opinions & experiences welcome!

Hi, I was recommended bamboo powder.I ordered it online and have been using it for the last couple sunny and hot days.Surprisingly my make up would stay grease free and fresh for approx 6-7 hours! I highly recommend it,try any online shops for it

I personally prefer a powder as any time I've tried blotting paper I just feel it lifts off some product.
    I use MAC prep & prime loose finishing powder and as it's very finely milled I don't feel clogged up and my makeup doesn't cake, I set my makeup with it after initial application and then only maybe need to use it once more (I don't have particularly oily skin). Estée Lauder also do a good finishing powder that feels amazing on the skin and is pretty much the same as the MAC one. X

Hi MrsGG2be

Personally I would recommend MAC Blot Powder. It is a solid powder compact so there's no fallout from it when applying also because it's not a loose powder and it comes in many shades I find it's very hard to overdo it and you therefore avoid that horrible caked look. Saying that though it gives just enough coverage to blot any excess shine away and sets your foundation lovely and naturally. It comes with a little puff in the mirrored compact so all in all it's a handy little this easy to carry on your wedding day. I recommend it to all of my brides. Hope that helps! Good luck with your weddings ladies! Lyn x