Thread: Mr & Mrs McIntosh Supplier Report 24.5.14

Default Mr & Mrs McIntosh Supplier Report 24.5.14

It’s been a while since I wrote my report and just found some spare time to write up my review of our suppliers. Hope it is of some use to you all still planning your big day. Enjoy the planning, I miss it so much!!

M xxx

Venue – Harvest Moon Holidays
    A fantastic venue which is ideal if you want a DIY/rustic/left to your own devices/full venue for the weekend type of wedding. Michele and her team were great to deal with in the run up and left us to do as we pleased all weekend. They were on hand if there were any issues, but nothing came up  The small animal farm kept the kids (and big kids!) amused and the big bonfire area with the outdoor BBQ was great for the night before and after the wedding. Not to mention the amazing beach right at your door step!

Tipi Hire – Highland Tipis
    Harvey and Gemma are two of the best people to deal with in the run up to a wedding. Nothing was ever a problem and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Catering – Scoop Events
    OMG I honestly do not know where to begin in praising these guys highly enough, they were outstanding!!! Right from the first email we knew these guys would be amazing. We had an idea for our catering (BBQ) but they came up with a menu which we never dreamed of having for our remote venue location. The food was sensational and everyone raved about it. They also supplied staff to man a bar all night (we supplied the drinks) and pour out the fizz right after the ceremony. Not only did they do what we asked, they managed the day perfectly, helped move furniture before the band started and even valet parked one of our guests car when they were running late! Andy and his team are superstars and worth every single penny.

Celebrant – Fiona Thomas
    Fiona was friendly, warm, funny and provided a ceremony that was so suited to us. Great at keeping us right with regards to the paperwork in the run up to the wedding and was great to deal with.

Ice Cream – Miss Pepperdays Treats
    Great ice cream, kids and adults loved it, what more can I say?! Would defo recommend.

Strawberries – Apeeling fruits
    I’m drooling thinking about the chocolate dipped strawberries Allison provided for after the ceremony…amazing. Great for something a little different to the normal canapés and everyone was raving about how delicious they were!

Piper – Gordon Rowan
    We booked Gordon though another piper who could not make our date but wanted to help us find someone. Gordon was fantastic and managed to get all our favourite tunes played during the day!

Band – The Unknowns
    AMAZING!!!!! Dance floor was packed all night and the guests loved them. They even had a short ceilidh section which was loads of fun but hard in a big dress! We had John Legend’s So High as our first dance song and they sang it beautifully.

Photographer – Peter Sandground
    I know Peter through a friend and love his style of photography. The only ‘staged’ photos we had took 15 minutes and were of the key family groups allowing us to spend the full day with all our guests and I can honestly say we got to speak to them all and spend time enjoying the day…and getting sore cheeks from naturally smiling and not from posing!! lol

Cake – Too good to eat
    I seen the cake we had at a wedding fair and fell in love. I was so glad when it didn’t cost the earth as I expected it to be at least twice as expensive!!! Not only did it look great but it tasted amazing. We had four tiers consisting of chocolate orange, coconut and raspberry, lemon and white chocolate and a small gluten/dairy free cake on top. Managed to get two cake tasting days too…had to make sure we were choosing the correct flavours!!! They had some amazing flavours though, wish we had a got a 5 or 6 tiers…!

Hair and Make-Up/Nails – LMG Hair & Beauty
    Linzi and Linzi from LMG were just fab! I had got my hair and make up done by them for another wedding where I was a bridesmaid and I loved it so had no hesitation to book these ladies. They travelled from Falkirk to the venue and done the hair and make up for me, MOB, 2 BM’s and my auntie.

My dress and veil – Pamela Jane Bridal, Bonnybridge
    I had my dress before I booked anything else! Great selection, friendly service, cannot fault Pamela at all.

Alterations – Sew Easy, Bonnybridge
    Angela is a saint. I cannot praise her talent and customer service highly enough. Working a Sunday to hand cut 9 layers of tulle on my dress which was too long…then steaming my bridesmaids dresses the day before the wedding when my steamer packed in…I don’t need to say anymore.

Bridesmaids Dresses/accessories/shoes –High street!
    Their dresses were from Quiz and fitted perfectly. We all got our shoes from Dune. My jewellery was from Debenhams and their hairbands, bags and pashminas were all from Accessorize.

Kilts – Slaters, Stirling
    My husband had a kilt already but didn’t have the jacket etc so slaters kitted him out with the rest of the outfit and the Best Man hired his outfit from there too. What a laugh we all had during the appointment, the guys in the shop are just fantastic. The purchase and hire items are top class and would highly recommend.

Rings – Pebbles Jewellery, Bo’Ness
    My husband was more fussy about his wedding ring than I was and wanted one which was black and had a ruby/garnet set within. Trying to find somewhere to make one was a nightmare and we didn’t want to buy online as the metal it is made from (can’t remember what it is called!!) cannot be resized. We met Val from Pebbles at a wedding fair in Edinburgh and she said they could make one for him! It is absolutely gorgeous and exactly what he wanted. I happened to fall in love with a sparkle cut ring when I was in the shop so made sense to buy them both from here…even if it was over budget!

Toilets – Bordaloo & Generator – Arkwright Generators
    Not everyone will need to hire toilets or a generator for their wedding but thought I would included these two as they were fantastic and we had no issues with the services they supplied.

Flowers – Silk Blooms
    I knew of someone who had a bad experience on their wedding day when the flowers they got were not what she asked for. I think that had stuck in my mind and when I saw silk blooms at a wedding fair and how amazing their artificial flowers looked I knew it would be the best option. They also made cute ring corsages for my bridesmaids which were just fab and saved them carrying around a bouquet all day too. Mara and her team are fantastic.

Stationary, Decorations, Favours, Sweetie table – DIY
    All DIY but I would highly recommend eBay, Etsy, Hobbycraft and ikea for DIY bits and bobs. Hobbycraft can be expensive for some things though so shop around. Also recommend getting sweeties just after Christmas from the supermarkets (provided the dates are ok!) as we saved a fortune doing this.

Honeymoon – The Hideaway Experience
    An hour and a half drive and we reached total bliss!!! We couldn’t get a full week off work to go on honeymoon and four nights here was exactly what we needed! I honestly could have cried when we were leaving, its just pure paradise, luxury accommodation, hot tub, hammock, sauna…what else do you need!!

Super Senior Member

fabby! it makes me so excited! xxx

Mishoooo, your wedding sounds amazing! We went to see Harvest Moon and loved it! We are planning to stay in one of the safari tents on one of our many visits up to meet with suppliers etc... Congratulations!!

Aw I'm so jealous!! Lol I just love the place, have a wicked time!! Are you getting married there?xxx

Sadly not, we loved it but my parents are not the outdoors type and even the luxury of the tents and the tree houses probably wouldn't be enough to convince them.. I am picking my battles! My mum is already upset we are not having a church ceremony, she is coming round to our humanist ceremony plan (though she did ask me the other day if I had "booked the preacher or whatever it is you're having") so you can kind of see what I'm up against!!