Thread: What to put in the guest toilets?!

Question What to put in the guest toilets?!

Hey girls

My wedding co-ordinator at the venue suggested we put some stuff in the toilets for the guests, particularly the women's loos. There's not an awful lot of space so I was thinking a wee basket with some essentials in eg Vaseline, blister pads, deoderant, baby wipes. Any other suggestions? I don't want to spend a fortune as it's just a wee touch. Also is anyone putting flowers or candles in there? I know it is nice to go in and have some things in there but it's just added an extra thing to my list and i only have 10 weeks!!!!

Any inspiration would be appreciated.

x

Flowers and candles, no, but I'll put some stuff in the ladies loos.

Pop into asda and see what mini (travel) sizes they've got, i was thinking

deodorant
    body sprays
    freshen up/baby wipes
    tic-tacs
    hand lotion
    plasters
    tampax
    panty liners
    tissues
    dry shampoo
    comb
    paracetamol
    cotton buds/pads????

the asda near me has the travel sizes at 4 for 3 so you could get a lovely wee basket together for not a lot of cash.

Can anyone think of anything else?
    xx

I was gonna do this and found the ladies toilets the easiest.
    Not a clue what to put in the mens. hair gel & deodorant was as far as I got.
    H2B is no use either. What were u's all thinking?

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

i had never thought of this...im loving the idea... im gonna see if my hotel will let us do that!!!!!

oooh gents........ lynx...... hair gel....... condoms??(u never know) lol...... mints...... maybe sum medicated talc for the guys if theyr wearing kilts( can be tricky so ive been told if its their own kilt on a hot day!) lol....... this could be fun trying to think of things!!

Hi Gals,

I am sorry, I dont have anything else to add, as I think all these ideas are great, certainly covers quite a handful of dilemmas! :-)

Mostly just wanted to say what a great idea this is!! Geez, just when you think there is nothing else fun to plan! haha!

Wedding Supplier PLANS AND PRESENTS's Avatar

Ladies loo's - a sewing kit, there is always somebody that snags something.

Men's - Mrs Strachan 2 be seems to have that covered, except men might like the freshen up wipes too, and the comb, and breath freshener and paracetemol.
    Most things will cross over to boys except the feminine products really
    Alison Tinlin Wedding Planner
    www.plansandpresents.co.uk
    UK No.3 Wedding Tweeter
    http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/twitter/top100.htm

I have been thinking about doing this too. One thing on my list is going to have to be hair spray. Don't think thats been mentioned yet.

Can't forget clear nail polish for those snagged tights!

Well all this talk of these boxes today finally made me get up and do something about it since i've only 28 days to go.
    We've not much space in the toilets so i've just made a little box up for each of them.
    Here's the photos, What do u think??
    Attachment 310
    (for the boys)

Attachment 311
    and the ladies.

These look great. I think that it is such a good idea having these for you guests. I will be revisiting the post when I need to get this sorted out!

What a fab idea. I may take a wee trip to asda tonight if the rain goes off. Wedding 5 weeks on sat. Thanks

Hez7

Can I ask ladies, please don't put Paracetamol or other medications in the guest loos if you are going to have any children as guests. You just never know........thanks x

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttie2b View Post
    Can I ask ladies, please don't put Paracetamol or other medications in the guest loos if you are going to have any children as guests. You just never know........thanks x

Thats a very good point! Mrs McD2b-x-

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suttie2b View Post
    I would echo that and also suggest that sharp objects such as needles and scissors aren't included either

Thank god the only child at my wedding will be my OH otherwise my boxes would be a death trap!

Wink

Wow thanks girls - great ideas! others i had thought of since I originally posted are plasters, nail file, blotting paper for shiny noses (Body Shop do a wee book of them!), smints/mini mouth wash, impulse... we could go on forever! I think the main thing is to think of what we would need on a night out, maybe things that dont fit into your handbag. I was at a wedding last year with mini perfumes which was such a lovely touch but could get quite pricey and also who knows what people would be wearing perfume-wise on the day. Keep suggestions coming!

MrsDiDuca2B :-)

I love this idea and my friend did it recently but as there were other people in the hotel ( not just wedding guests) others used it and some of it even got pinched at the end of the night. Which she was not happy about.
    Also, was going to mention the paracetamol thing - even if you don't have children in your party, if there ARE other people in the venue and they have kids then it could be v dangerous. Yes they shouldn't be using it but i don't think the children will realise that.
    Love the boxes made up - very effective.

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I had never thought of doing this! Never seen it done before but loving it! With all the offers on in supermarkets, it needn't cost a lot neither! Another thing I'd warn about paracetamol though, coming from a pharmacy background, is that it shouldn't be taken when been drinking alcohol!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Ooohhh, I'm loving this girls, might have to steal this idea too lol, dont'cha just love this forum

What a fab idea!

You could get some free perfume samples from boots / department store to help keep costs down.

x

for those who have a while to go before your wedding email all the suppliers of the things you thinking of putting in the baskets and ask them if its possible for sample. you should hopefully got some in the post!

I emailed jean paul gaultier and they sent me an envelope with 8 mini sample sprays. I had just emailed asking for samples though and they sent it free all way from Frrance!!

if you asking for samples mention the numbers of guest your having and how it would be fab advertising for them
    Wedding date 2/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by hunnycat View Post
    for those who have a while to go before your wedding email all the suppliers of the things you thinking of putting in the baskets and ask them if its possible for sample. you should hopefully got some in the post!

I emailed jean paul gaultier and they sent me an envelope with 8 mini sample sprays. I had just emailed asking for samples though and they sent it free all way from Frrance!!

if you asking for samples mention the numbers of guest your having and how it would be fab advertising for them
    Thats a great idea x
    Getting married 11th June 2011

What a great idea and a nice touch for the guests. Could even put a wee note on the box saying something like "Just for you from Mr & Mrs Name". This is exactly what i'm looking for. Nice little touches that people will remember x