Thread: Mrs Sneddon's Report! 28/06/2014

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Default Mrs Sneddon's Report! 28/06/2014

Now that we’re back from honeymoon I thought I should make a start to my report! I am suffering from jet lag and so have found myself awake at silly times! Lol I already did a 4 week countdown on here so I’ll just start from the Friday and go from there….
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

The Night Before
    H2B and I were meant to swap presents at night but I was too excited and impatient so we did it early afternoon! Haha. We both got each other lovely stuff ***8211; I must say, hubby did well During the day we gathered all the stuff to go to hotel. We were so organised and calm then we showed up at my mums and they were all more stressed than us! After we dropped the finishing touches at hotel we headed for M&S as I had ordered a sandwich platter for us all for Sat morning. I would highly recommend them. The sandwiches were lovely and a good price!
    After running around finishing up last minute jobs I went to get my nails done by Lesley @ Pamper & Polish. It was nice as she was doing the wedding hair on Sat and we got a good chat and started getting excited! I got French polish on my nails and toes and she added a diamante to my ring fingers on both hands. It was then home where Craig and I had a lovely meal with champagne and enjoyed some quiet time together. I had planned on just going to my mums after but hubby said he would come for a drink or 2 before we parted aswell. We ended up taking our opened bottle of champagne from dinner round in a gift bag so we weren***8217;t stopped with an open bottle. Everyone found this hilarious! We had a few drinks with them and gave out the presents. My mum and sister both ended up crying at the Oh So Cherished journals I had given them***8230;.just the result I wanted! haha Around 10.30pm I decided it was time for bed so I said goodbye to Craig and he went home. It was strange sleeping in my old bed without him next to me! I was still so calm at this point.

The wedding morning
    I woke up around 7am but had set my alarm for 8. My mum had made breakfast and I said I’d get something later as I wanted to lie-in but I could smell it all being cooked and ended up getting up early. I changed into the new PJs I had bought for the wedding morning and sat with my parents and sister having breakfast. It was just like old times and didn’t feel like my wedding morning! My mum then went to the hairdressers to get her hair done and shortly after Jacqui (make-up) & Lesley (hair)arrived. It was a relaxing morning and we sat quite peacefully listening to the wedding playlist we had made while getting beautified! The other bridesmaids arrived just about 9am and we were in full swing. I had a window of 30-40 minutes where I wasn’t getting anything done and it was nice to just relax and watch everyone else and chat to Jacqui and Lesley while they worked. The flowers arrived at 10.30 and I was so excited to see them! They were absolutely stunning and I was thrilled with them. Before we knew it, it was 11am and the photographer was due at 11.45. I panicked a little as my mum was getting her make-up done and would be another 20minutes! My sister said she’d do it so I changed into my wedding underwear and came down to the living room to find her trying to sort the dress but I could see she hadn’t quite grasped it. I managed to guide her and Lesley helped her along which was greatly appreciated. They both helped me step into the dress and I was strapped in!! lol Before I knew it , I was sitting in my dress early and was handed some champagne and told to relax. Our photographer, George, arrived and was shocked…he told me that no-one is ever usually ready for him arriving yet there was me sitting on the sofa in my dress etc sipping away on my champagne. As he was setting up my mum got a call from the car company and I could tell by her tone something was wrong. She kept saying everything was fine but then admitted the larger beauford I had ordered had a petrol leak and so they were having to send another one. I picked our cars because they were cream and red and our main colour was red. I was getting wound up saying they would look stupid as they wouldn’t match but at the end of the day I never really noticed later on. We got quite a few photos taken in the house and then George headed to wait for us at the church. By this point my car had arrived outside and the neighbours were all in the street waiting! This is when I started getting a few butterflies! That and the fact I was still worried about the cars. I had been perfectly fine all week! Haha Craig then called my dad to say the BMs car would be heading soon as they had just been dropped at church – at least I knew he was there! My mum and BMs left in their car and my dad and I left a few minutes later. It was lovely to walk out to all my neighbours clapping. I lived there for 26years and so it was nice to share a part of my day with them! We drove the short journey to the church and I kept telling my dad I was fine, no more nervous feeling. Until we arrived….I saw a few people standing waiting and then the piper started… I welled up instantly and thought I was going to break down in tears! Fortunately I managed to stop and we were then waiting outside the church. My mum was walked down the aisle by my cousin who was an usher and once we had some photos taken George and his wife (who was doing our video) disappeared inside. It was just me, my dad and BMs and since the doors were shut to church we couldn’t see if the priest was coming so we just stood outside enjoying the nice day and chatting. I heard a car door and was miffed that someone was running so late only to turn around and see my manager and some other managers/collaegues from my work! We had a chat with them for a few minutes then the priest arrived at the door to tell us it was time! My sister arranged my dress (almost falling down the stairs while doing it…) and then the priest and BMs arranged themselves in front of me….this was it!!

The important part!
    The doors opened and the music started. We opted for the original ***8220;Bridal March***8221; and it sounded lovely. I was surprisingly ok walking down the aisle and was saying ***8220;hi***8221; to everyone and smiling. I was laughing at a few of my friends and especially my friends mum as they were all crying and I was fine! When I got to the bottom of the aisle, my dad handed me to Craig and he told me I looked beautiful. We were both grinning! During the vows the priest had muddled up my middle name and also gave Craig his own ring rather than mine. It all made us a little more relaxed as we were giggling. We both said our vows, exchanged rings and that was it***8230;we were now Mr & Mrs Sneddon! After the rest of the service, we walked down the aisle to be greeted with rain! The last time I had checked the forecast it was meant to be overcast all day but dry. Most brides will say they dread rain and I had been the same but at that moment it really didn***8217;t bother me as I was just so happy that we were married! It eventually died down so George grabbed us all for some photos outside the church and then we headed for the hotel. It was nice to spend time with Craig just us two as we knew we wouldn***8217;t really get a chance later in the day. As we drove through some towns there were people waving and tooting at us. It was brilliant as we felt really special haha.

Reception
    As we arrived at the hotel, we were piped in and after a few photos with the car we were whisked straight into the wedding suite. We had asked if we could go in just Craig and I so we could get a good nosey at the cake and tables set up etc. Scott was brilliant and made sure we were taken straight through away from guests and sorted us our drinks while we looked. When I asked for a glass of chamoagne he told me he would keep the rest of the bottle aside especially for me and to get someone to ask whenever I wanted a top-up! Lol We then managed to get 10-15minutes of mingling time before we headed outside for photos. I must admit, by the end of the photos I was getting a bit fed up as we had been getting photos for ages and everytime someone was shouted to come out they were a bit slow in coming. It meant photos took a lot longer than they should have. The top table was then taken into a separate room where we could sit for 10mins with champagne while our guests were seated. It was relaxing and we were waited on so well. The top table were piped through and then they announced us ***8220;Mr and Mrs Sneddon***8221; and we were piped through while everyone cheered and clapped. I loved this bit! The piper welcomed everyone and played himself out. We then had the speeches. My dad got a little emotional towards the end of his which nearly set me off. My dad is not an emotional person usually! Craigs was funny and he also said some nice things at the end which had me welling up. Then it was the best men***8230;they had me in stitches! The stories etc were brilliant and Craig got roasted! After the speeches were done we had our meal which was great. Everyone loved it and it was fantastic from start to finish. The hotel even added in a special requested dessert free for 2 BMs even though they were not included in our package menu. They were very attentive throughout and all the little details made it.
    After the meal we were taken into a smaller suite next door while they did turn-around in ours. Our evening guests started arriving so we spent some time with them. At one point when we took presents to the bridal suite, Craig came in with a drink for both of us and we sat for 5 minutes talking about the day. It was a nice moment away from all the guests and noise. Our photographer also came to us with a photo in one of those cardboard frames ***8211; he had nipped home during the meal to print it for us so we had a photo to see straight away. Everyone was then taken back through to the main suite and we cut our cake. The DJ then announced us for our first dance! I had asked for the rest of the wedding party to join us after the first verse/chorus of song as I thought it would be daunting just having us dancing but when the song started it was honestly as if everyone disappeared and it was just hubby and I singing to each other and dancing. Our photographer and videographer stayed for another hour and then packed up leaving us to enjoy the rest of the night with our guests. We had even arranged for the DJ to play about 15minutes of old school tunes and Ibiza tunes as hubby and his friends went every year and it had everyone up ***8216;raving***8217; including my mum and aunties!
    I was glad when we said goodbye to everyone and I kicked my shoes off as my feet had begun to get sore near the end ***8211; not bad going considering I***8217;d been on my feet most of the day and night. We spent some time with the guests who were staying in the hotel and then we retired for the nightound 1am. It took hubby ages to get my dress off but the relief when all my laces were loosened was amazing! I had room to breathe again haha. We had one drink more in the room and then decided to call it a night.

The honeymoon
    I won’t go into much about the honeymoon but we spent 2weeks in the Grand Sirenis hotel in Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was 2weeks of bliss! Beautiful weather etc and we were so gutted to be coming home after it. For anyone going to Mexico, we only did 2 trips there. The Captain Hook ship and Chichen Itza. I would highly recommend both as they were amazing experiences!

So that***8217;s it. Hope I didn***8217;t bore you too much! I can***8217;t believe it***8217;s all over and I***8217;ll be lost without wedding planning haha. It goes by so quickly and I wish I could re-live it every day! I want to thank everyone on here for your amazing support and advice over the last few years of planning. To all the brides still to get married, enjoy every minute. Don***8217;t let the little things get to you as it won***8217;t matter in the end. And try to take in as much as you can because it***8217;s over so fast! I***8217;ll hang around for a bit still as I like to nosey at everything! Louise (Mrs Sneddon!) xxx

You may have noticed a lack of individual photos but here is a link to our album online:

http://www.ghstarkphotography.co.uk/280614lcw.html

Also meant to say if anyone had any question about Mexico give me a mail and I'll try to answer any questions you might have xxx

Sounds like you guys had an amazing day and your pics are lovely. Hope married life is treating you well! X

Super Senior Member

really awesome report! I nearly had a bit of a blubber lol, your photos are lovely, congratulations again xxx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Awww I'm in overtime just now & getting funny looks coz I'm welling up reading your report (and not doing any work! haha)

What a great report, sounds like you had an amazing day. Congratulations Mr & Mrs Sneddon xx

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Aww I've been so looking forward to your report Mrs Sneddon!!! Sounds like a gorgeous day and as I said before, your pics are stunning! Bet you can't believe it's all over!
    We also went to Mexico for our honeymoon and we went on the trip to Chichen Itza, it was incredible (super hot and super busy ha!)
    xxx

Amazing! Sounds like a wonderful day (& honeymoon!). Congratulations xxxx

Thanks girls. Can't believe it's all over! I'll need to wean myself off the forum lol xxx

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

I've been waiting for your report Mrs Sneddon! Sounds like you had an amazing day and your photos are fab - you look gorgeous! (And don't wean yourself off the forum! Loads of us are still here months after getting married!) xx

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsMilligan View Post
    I've been waiting for your report Mrs Sneddon! Sounds like you had an amazing day and your photos are fab - you look gorgeous! (And don't wean yourself off the forum! Loads of us are still here months after getting married!) xx
    Yes true, there are loads of us still here! One of us! One of us!! Hahaha xxx

Congratulates! Great report & beautiful pictures

Congratulations :-) your pics are gorgeous xx

I certainly am on of you! Can't keep off this thing lol. Just thought I'd share a photo that best man put on his facebook. A selfie of the best men and hubby at the front of the church before I was called in!! lol x

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10449488_10204116277377881_7881611576262014279_n.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	12187

Sounds like you had an amazing day! The photos are fantastic ***55357;***56835; xxx

Mrs Clark to be! NicholaPaisley's Avatar

Sounds like your day was amazing! :-D Had a wee tear in my eye.... must look so daft sitting here at my desk doing no work! :-P xx

Super Senior Member

How did i manage to miss your report??
    Loved it, sounds like you had a fab day and your pics are lovely!! X