Thread: Decor Help

Platinum Member

Default Decor Help

I kind of have an idea what i want but at the same time i dont lol, anyone have any ideas for ceremony set up, we are only having immediate family during day ( our compromise as wanted to go away) so i think if all go then it'll be 22 folk so its in the smaller room of the hotel, still a beautiful room,service will be infront of the fireplace, the registrar table will be to the right hand side of the pic, and chairs down both sides to create an aisle.

So far I have the chairs will be covered with white covers & then a black bow/sash, have an aisle runner with petals & thats it, not sure tohave a pedestal of flowers at the entrance or a display on the fireplace.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated,h2b is pretty hopeless & bridesmaids aint bothered (thats another issue lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.jpg  

Platinum Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	12129

You should go online or on social media and look a venue dressers pictures that's where I have got my ideas. My ceremony room is tastefully decorated so I don't want to detract from that. I am only having flowers on the table at the front. I will have the aisle runner and I am going to get my flower girl to scatter petals on the way down. I am having chair covers with a sash and a floral display (but the floral display will be on every second chair).

A lot of people use candles nowadays to decorate the room. It just depends on personal taste really xx

Platinum Member

Im forever on them looking lol, just wanted to speak to others. I forgot about the chair flowers, my other half is a big Smiths can & they use to have a thing for gladioli so was going to see my florist about them & if they didn't look too ridiculous/horrible I was going to do them for a wee nod to his likes, they'd need trimmed down tho as I think there pretty big but if don't like them it's my bouquet flowers of roses/thistles

I'm not a flowery person so that's another reason for me only having one on the table. The aisle I have will be quite narrow so petals down either side wouldn't work...a lot of folk seem to do this as well. But like I said I don't want to detract from the decor of the room. I'm sort of going for less is more, boring to some people but it fits my venue.

I'm pretty sure your florist could work gladioli into a display even for along the fireplace and / or a smaller one for table?

Platinum Member

Im sure noone will think it's boring, you have to work with how the room is, most venues now have stunning features so not a lot is actually needed, just wee tweaks or adding to it, I want things to have a meaning/represent us our likes etc, not just having anything just because.

I'm gonna speak to them see what they suggest. Where is your venue?

Yeh I agree, our colours have a meaning to us so were trying to keep that throughout. We get married at Ingliston Country Club in the Connemara Suite

Platinum Member

Thats the best way, means more that way especially in years to come when looking back at pics. Oh beautiful there, that'll make for lovely pics