Thread: Table names & plan - looking for some help!

Default Table names & plan - looking for some help!

Hello,

OK I know I have probably left this quite late as I have just 5 weeks to go, so I am starting to panic a little. I ordered/made my invitations on Zazzle.com and all are out which is great, but I am thinking about what I am going to do for my table names and table plan now! Are most people getting stationary pro's to make these, or do you think I could make something myself that would tie in with my invites?

When I got my invites I didn't think about the table names and plan to match eeeek. Any help/advice would be appreciated! xx

Hi Jen,

Personally I do not think anyone except you and H2B will notice if they don't match. For me, my H2B wouldn't notice at all and we've already had the discussion and agreed that if everything doesn't match it's not a disaster, we're not even too fussed if somethings are ivory, some white!

Speak to your venue as this might be something they can do. If not, I would keep it simple, you don't really want the stress this close. Get some card, ivory or white and see if you can deligate it to someone with nice hand-writing or if you don't feel too stressed you could do it yourself.

Table plan could be simple, most of our friends have simply had table names/numbers on a piece of paper in a frame or somehow on show.

The point I'm trying to make is that I honestly don't think anyone will really notice and I certainly wouldn't expect them to be matching if I was at a wedding. Hope you get something sorted soon. X

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Don't panic!!!
    Table plans can be as simple or as fancy as you want!!!
    If it's too late to get it made for you, don't worry. Get yourself to a craft store such as hobbycraft, buy a big piece of card in your selected colour. Cut it to size. On your computer type up the table names and the guest names, print it and glue it to the remaining card (or a different colour of card if you want) the arrange the bits of paper for different table names in the right order and stick onto the card!
    Then if you want, you can use embellishments or pictures or little bits n bobs to decorate it if you so wish, or you can just keep it the way it is.
    It doesn't have to be complicated!
    Let us know what you decide, good luck xx

Thanks so much for the advice girls. I have come round to the idea of not all having to match now!! I have a running theme of gold and lace throughout so will incorporate this in some way to both and I think it will look ok. I might just get a nice pale gold card to print the table names on I think, and hopefully do something similar for table plan! Eeeek! The smaller things are what seem to be more stressful than the big decisions were, haha! xxx

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenblonde View Post
    Thanks so much for the advice girls. I have come round to the idea of not all having to match now!! I have a running theme of gold and lace throughout so will incorporate this in some way to both and I think it will look ok. I might just get a nice pale gold card to print the table names on I think, and hopefully do something similar for table plan! Eeeek! The smaller things are what seem to be more stressful than the big decisions were, haha! xxx
    two of our friends got married on a budget and had a gold and plum theme, they had gold and plum card and lace all from hobbycraft for their invitations and they looked lovely.
    good luck, be sure to post pics xxx

We used printed.com for our table plan, I designed it and they printed it.

Lovely thanks for that I will have a look on the site xx

Quote Originally Posted by Judemac82 View Post
    We used printed.com for our table plan, I designed it and they printed it.

Oh really, Hobbycraft's a good shout, thanks again for the help will let you know how I get on xx

UOTE=laurenmillertobe;251528]two of our friends got married on a budget and had a gold and plum theme, they had gold and plum card and lace all from hobbycraft for their invitations and they looked lovely.
    good luck, be sure to post pics xxx[/QUOTE]