Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SWD Forum upgrade - tell us what you think!

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    I just subscribe to the posts I want to keep a hold of!! may make it easier for you in future. Although a favourite option would be good too xxx
    Thanks Brizey! If only I'd known about this a year ago!!! It would have saved me so much time!

Senior Platinum Member

I would like to suggest being able to tag other members in the forum on posts. There have been a few times where I have been commenting knowing a particular person could help with something and unless they are actively browsing each section the might not come across it. xxx

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebride12 View Post
    I would like to suggest being able to tag other members in the forum on posts. There have been a few times where I have been commenting knowing a particular person could help with something and unless they are actively browsing each section the might not come across it. xxx

Oh, that's a good one! (it's just getting more and more like Facebook!) xx

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebride12 View Post
    I like this idea too!xx

I have great issues replying on either my desktop or my laptop. When I'm typing, quite often it doesn't register all my text so it would appear like this: "I hvegrat issus rpyng on ethrmy destor my ltop" It drives me bonkers and I end up having to copy a paste but even then it doesn't like to paste into the box and usually takes a few attempts.

An app or a much improved mobile site would be my preference though, I usually use my phone but fund it much harder to navigate on my phone.

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskerr2be View Post
    In terms of the forum sections that are available would these be able to be expanded? I understand that this is a wedding forum, however b2b's here often post in Emotional Support/General Chat/Beauty etc about things that aren't all together wedding related.

I used to belong to a parenting forum and they had all your usual parenting things like Trying to Conceive, Early Pregnancy, Teen Pregnancy, Newborn, Toddler, Pre-School, High School, Step-Parenting etc however they also have entire areas of the forums for other things: News, General Chat, Work, Relationships, Holidays/Travel, Money and Finance.

They also have different forum parts for different locations and meetups, which might make it easier for b2b's looking for area specific advice?

I think it encourages people to use the forum more, as it gives a better sense of community as opposed to only talking about weddings and not really wanting to derail from the current topics too much.
    Think this his is an amazing idea. A lot of folk seem to slowly but surely stop visiting the forum in the year or so after their wedding has been, whether to concentrate on he next step be it conceiving/kids, mortgages, moving, etc so I think it would be great as a progressive part of the wedding planning. Although I do understand it's a wedding forum, but even now the chat is not limited to wedding things as we all know, there is loads of nwr posts on here xxx

Also I think the design/colour needs a total revamp! The blue makes me think of hospital!! Even some little details like shapes or borders or something? Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by loobyloolis View Post
    I have great issues replying on either my desktop or my laptop. When I'm typing, quite often it doesn't register all my text so it would appear like this: "I hvegrat issus rpyng on ethrmy destor my ltop" It drives me bonkers and I end up having to copy a paste but even then it doesn't like to paste into the box and usually takes a few attempts.

An app or a much improved mobile site would be my preference though, I usually use my phone but fund it much harder to navigate on my phone.
    OMG! This happens to me too and its infuriating, but good to know it's not just me!

mines does it too its doing it right now very annoying xx

just logged on today and the colour is really light blue? I am actually struggling to read it, not very accessible friendly for anyone that has sight problems or colour blindness (I have neither and its hard for me to read) xx

So glad the text skipping problem isn't just me!
    I'm not keen on the new colour scheme either, Have to tilt at funny angles to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy View Post
    just logged on today and the colour is really light blue? I am actually struggling to read it, not very accessible friendly for anyone that has sight problems or colour blindness (I have neither and its hard for me to read) xx
    I agree. And also, there is no colour difference to show which threads you have already read/replied in before! Previously the thread title was bold, or a different colour I think, if you had already read it and there was an arrow (I think) to show if you'd replied in this thread before!! Xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy View Post
    I agree - it's difficult to read at the moment and it's only because I'm a regular that I kinda know where everything is.

Can the theme be looked at again please? xxx

Super Senior Member

The forum is looking much better tonight xxx

Yeah I agree it's better now xxx

I'm having major problems with text skipping. Cannot access at all on my tablet and Surface as the keyboard just keeps popping up and down on screen so can't type anything

have you changed the colour of the front page of the forum again? I am struggling to read it today and I am having to tilt the screen, the lighter green doesn't contrast well at all, really isn't helpful for any of your brides that might have a vision problem, far too light, the text skipping still happens too puts me off using the forum

Hello,

I think it would be really good if you had a way to sort by date-When I am looking for budget info and stuff I would much rather look at recent posts than 2010. I don't really understand the order in which threads are displayed so I find something when I search one day on page 2 and then on another day its on page 8 etc etc

text skipping is back - funnily enough not happening on this reply but my reply on 2015 in planning is one line an it took me a good 5 mins to type that. Its is only this site I am having problems with. and echoing the light colours.

I thought it was just me having that problem Que! was driving me nuts last night!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLMtoBe View Post
    I thought it was just me having that problem Que! was driving me nuts last night!
    its so annoying takes 10 minds for a simple reply. just hiding and not replying if I can be bothered to come on (just took me 5mins to type this)

Super Senior Member

Aarrgghh so don't like change! xx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLMtoBe View Post
    what system are you running MrsLMtobe?? I find that my works laptop is fine but my personal one isnt ( the surface on windows 8 is just a nightmare)

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    what system are you running MrsLMtobe?? I find that my works laptop is fine but my personal one isnt ( the surface on windows 8 is just a nightmare)
    I know this is old but might help those having trouble. I find Firefox works absolutely fine on desktop, laptop and phone now. It's only Internet Explorer I really have issues with.

I know this is old but might help those having trouble. I find Firefox works absolutely fine on desktop, laptop and phone now. It's only Internet Explorer I really have issues with.
    I shall try that.. Thanks