Thread: Hen in Marbs

Senior Platinum Member

Default Hen in Marbs

Hi I'm just looking for some recommendations for Marbella.

My friend is getting married next year and along with the other bridesmaids we plan to arrange a surprise abroad hen do for her!

I know her first choice would be Marbella so I was wondering if anyone had been here.

Are we best just booking a hotel with room only or bed and breakfast and aranging things to do and eat elsewhere.

Are there many activities available to book there, I really need to get my researching head on!

thomas cook seems to have some good prices at the moment so will need to get gathering some information

Thanks In advance for your replies! xxxx

Hi sparklebride12 i was at my friends hen in puerto banus a few weeks ago

There was 8 of us and we stayed at PYR Hotel which was room only,the location was fab only a short walk 2 the pubs/clubs,we did plan on goin 2 ocean club but didnt book so kinda neva got round 2 it,so we jst lay in the sun all day with some cocktails,then dinner at the harbour or mcdonalds then alcohol till the early hours xx

Senior Platinum Member

Aww it's good to hear from someone thats been. would you say its a very dressy place where everyones dolled up to the 90's or is that just the way its potrayed to be?

Would you say as long as your in a central location the rest would just fall into place, I was looking at Ocean Club, if we were to go do you think we would be best booking in advance?

I was also looking at the catamarans and some places do cocktail classes. do you think arranging activities would be daft? xxx

We flew out at 07.30 from Glasgow and had arranged a private minibus 2 pick us up at Malaga think it was maybe 45 mins or less 2 hotel but not sure lol,i was worried about it been dressy dressy cos i like 2 b casual but dressy when in the sunshine,i wore a playsuit,skorts and cami top,a maxi style dress and a pair of denim shorts lol there were girls who had massive heels on and dresses but i'd say 50/50 i wore wedges and flat sandals.
    deffo book ocean club in advance as we didn't so we kinda lazed about then thot about movin and didnt lol so no ocean club 4 us.
    Our hotel was pretty basic but the sun was out allday so we were happy,we had a poolside bar which also served food ***8364;5 chips and baguette/toastie or ***8364;8 strawberry daiquiris they went down amazingly well,if i remember correctly the bridesmaid who was dealin with it all booked flights and hotel seperately and we were ***8364;25 pp 4 the private transfer.

Think the cocktail classes wud b good fun jst depends on the mixture of ppl goin,if they'd b up 4 activites or jst chillin by the pool let me know wot uz decide but i'm sure no matter wot uz do uz will have fun xx

Senior Platinum Member

Thanks for that! I'm glad to hear its more 50/50 as were anything like the guys on TOWIE haha! Wedges and flats will be good enough as I also like to be casual but dressy through the day.

how much were you in total for transfers, flights and accomodation if you dont mind me asking? and do you remeber who you flew with?

I think a poolbar is a must! I will defo have a look into the place you stayed at! xxx

PYR is basic prob in need of a facelift but it was clean and we got beds made and clean towels daily,the girls wanted 2 make the most of the flights so we flew out with jet 2 early fri mornin and returned Easyjet leavin Malaga at 21.15 so they were a little pricey at £202,the hotel was £108 and the transfers were ***8364;25 which i didnt mind cos it was straight 2 hotel from airport no droppin off or pickin up other passengers.

We were 5mins away from Hard Rock Cafe

Wot i did notice when we went out cos there was a group of us they were offerin free bottles of (cheap) champagne if we went in or if uz all pay ***8364;10 uz can have 2 drinks wi mixer and 2 shots and a free bottle of vodka(again rocket fuel lol) wi bottles of mixers and the bride goes free.........
    Through the day i had long vests ova my bikini or those beach type dresses that r long at the back and short at the front and my comfy birkenstocks,u can take the girl outta coatbridge lol xx

I had my hen in Marbella at the end of April and it was amazing! My friend did all the booking but I'm sure she went through booking.com. We stayed in the El Faro Inn which is about a 10min taxi ride from Puerto Banus and I'd highly recommend. The hotel was spotless, the staff were so helpful and we got a free drink on arrival - each morning the maid laid our jammies and towels out for us (it's simple things like this that makes me happy)! We chose Bed and Breakfast which worked out great for us, there's plenty of places to eat you'll want to try.

We went to the Ocean Club opening party and it was incredible, if I wasn't on my honeymoon for the closing party I'd be going back for it! We booked the OC tickets here (they only seem to accept an international bank transfer as payment) and it seemed like everyone had done that, included in the ticket price was an open bar and canapés, the price was 100% worth it. I'd also recommend a restaurant in Puerto Banus called Belvedere, amazing food, view over the ocean and great prices - we went more than once.

Marbella is pretty laid back, the locals all seemed to be in their workout gear during the day! The only night we really got mega glammed up was the OC party, but even there we saw plenty of people in flip flops.

We flew Easyjet from Glasgow to Malaga, then got a private taxi transfer from airport to apartments (booked here in advance, totally worth it). Good luck with your research and booking. x

Senior Platinum Member

Thanks for that Hetty!

Did you book your ticket through the OC website as they only seem to have limited prices online.

The easyjet prices havent been released yet so i will need to keep an eye out as were probably best to book them early

When I get back my holiday next thursday I plan to gather the bridesmaid up to get some ideas going xxx

No problem, we emailed OC using the reservations email on their website which is manned by the Head Hostess Rachel. She then emailed the bank transfer details and confirmed once they had received the funds (be aware there is an extra charge for a international transfer plus your banks exchange rate wont be as competitive as the high street). I then printed that confirmation email plus my ID with me to collect the tickets at OC the day before. I asked if there was any other way to pay but unfortunately they said no.

Booking with Easyjet in the October for April saved us money, I checked as we had to get a last minute ticket and we were £49 more booking then.

x

I love love love Marbella, my boss has a town house in the old town (which is like a huge Ashton lane) and I get to go every year to go on my summer hols and it is also where I got proposed to last year if you're wanting to party definitely book a hotel in Puerto Banus which is about a 10 mins taxi from Marbella, easyjey, jet2 and Ryanair all fly to Malaga and if you time it right you can get usually get return flights for under £100. Along with OC there's also Nikki Beach, there's plenty place for eating drinking and dancing some extortionate and some very well priced x

Senior Platinum Member

That sounds lovely Skirtyth! Is the old town worth a visit? I came across Nikki Beach yesterday when I was looking at Ocean Club they both look lovely! The dates and prices for 2015 wont be released until December so we will need to hold off for that till then. xxx

It just depends what kinda hen you're after I suppose, if it's just drinking and partying then Puerto Banus is probably the best place, but the old town is lovely to go see even during the day, it's just lots of cobbled streets with wee shops, bars and restaurants that all run into Orange Square which is right in the middle and is lovely to sit out and have a nice meal, I'm probably biased as I go every year lol but my heavy partying days are over so we usually just walk into puerto Banus one of the days of our hols to have lunch next to all the yachts x

Senior Platinum Member

There are a few partiers in the group so we will be trying to keep everyone happy. I had a little look into hiring a catamaran would you do that from there? I think from the sounds of it, it would be worth a trip to xxx