Thread: Getting tired and stressed...

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Default Getting tired and stressed...

I hate to say it ladies, but I think I've finally found my wedding planning barrier! I am starting to feel really overwhelmed and tired when it comes to wedding details and it's starting to get me down! Everyone I speak to says, 'oh you have plenty time to think about things' but I am an organiser! I like to be organised, prepared and know what I'm doing! At the moment I still have to think about BM dresses (this is causing me major stress and possibly unduly), DIY style for invitations and centerpieces/little touches, cake, MUA/hairstylist, Kilt hire (more for H2 my accessories (including whether or not to wear a veil - I wasn't going to but my sister has a beautiful one that she isn't using now and I really like it but not sure it will go with my dress or if I even want one!) I feel like I'm constantly thinking about everything in the back of my mind and more so about money and how I'm going to cope with all of this on a tight budget and it's so stressful!
    I don't want to bother my wedding party with it at the moment because I feel like they have so much going on in their own lives that I'm being a nuisance but then my inner bride is shouting IT'S MY BIG DAY AND IT'S IMPORTANT TO ME! I NEED HELP WITH THIS!! And H2B will think I'm being dramatic! I just don't know where to go from here!
    I think because I've been organising for almost 2.5 years now it's all become a bit much, I'm starting to feel like I just want to over with and that's not good!! There have been so many changes and emotional issues throughout it's just draining me now! I want to enjoy planning my wedding details again!
    ADVICE PLEASE!!! xxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    I hate to say it ladies, but I think I've finally found my wedding planning barrier! I am starting to feel really overwhelmed and tired when it comes to wedding details and it's starting to get me down! Everyone I speak to says, 'oh you have plenty time to think about things' but I am an organiser! I like to be organised, prepared and know what I'm doing! At the moment I still have to think about BM dresses (this is causing me major stress and possibly unduly), DIY style for invitations and centerpieces/little touches, cake, MUA/hairstylist, Kilt hire (more for H2 my accessories (including whether or not to wear a veil - I wasn't going to but my sister has a beautiful one that she isn't using now and I really like it but not sure it will go with my dress or if I even want one!) I feel like I'm constantly thinking about everything in the back of my mind and more so about money and how I'm going to cope with all of this on a tight budget and it's so stressful!
    I don't want to bother my wedding party with it at the moment because I feel like they have so much going on in their own lives that I'm being a nuisance but then my inner bride is shouting IT'S MY BIG DAY AND IT'S IMPORTANT TO ME! I NEED HELP WITH THIS!! And H2B will think I'm being dramatic! I just don't know where to go from here!
    I think because I've been organising for almost 2.5 years now it's all become a bit much, I'm starting to feel like I just want to over with and that's not good!! There have been so many changes and emotional issues throughout it's just draining me now! I want to enjoy planning my wedding details again!
    ADVICE PLEASE!!! xxx
    Gosh Harajuku80 you do sound pretty stressed. I think you should give yourself a break from the planning. Sometimes when you over focus on something it's better when you step back and look at it with a fresh approach.

2.5 years is a long time and you will enjoy the planning again soon xxx

I was just about to say that I am giving the planning a wee break for a bit but then I'm on here! LOL Just can't seem to help myself! I'm trying to do a little bit at a time and give my projects more time and thought! I just want it all to be done and with having that attitude recently I'm not enjoying the bits I should enjoy! The build up, the hard work and the effort will make the day so worth while and I need to remember that although no one else is very interested it's not up to them, it's up to me to make sure I'M interested and I'm going to enjoy every little excruciating bit of it! LOL
    Thanks for your words ladies! xxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Super Senior Member

Ha ha! Can't keep away from the forum - I know the feeling! xxx

Hey!

I can relate in general as I love to be organised too and it freaks me out when I'm in a rut or there's too many plates to spin!

When is your big day? If you can afford to maybe take at least a few weeks of a breather just to re set your focus. Then maybe get a spreadsheet for budget as that's on your mind & see where you're at with that. Write down everything that's still to be done & Shout out for help with your bm's too, even just little things. They will want to help I'm sure, if they are true friends they will be annoyed that you needed help & didn't ask! No matter how busy they are everyone has an evening or Sunday afternoon free to do a bit of research, stationery stuff or whatever you might need.

I would also say take one task at a time & don't move to another until you've completed that one! I'm in early days of planning for August 2015 wedding and I'm doing one thing at a time as I know I would freak out if there were too many. Also I've downloaded an app which I love called WedHappy it keeps you right with what you should be doing & when, gives you reminders etc it's awesome. Also the satisfaction of ticking a task off as "done" on it is pretty satisfying lol.

Good luck, deep breath, reset yourself then enjoy!!! Xx

Hi! Well a wee bit of time has passed and a few things have been done! I've got my hair/makeup stylist (Lyn McKenzie - can't wait coz I've heard LOTS of great thigns about her), BM dresses were ordered but I think I've re-thought the colour so going from mint green to grey (possibly), cake has been ordered (Ca's buttercream dream - cake is AMAZING!) and personalised caketopper ordered, day invitations have been finished and sent and evening ones almost there! i've still got some DIY, centrepieces to put together, Mum's outfit to sort out and accessories for the girls but I'm pretty much on track! It's just so confusing some times! I don't think i would have managed half of it as well I didn't have this forum! I'm still looking for customised converse but I'll see how things go! Oaft, it's just the sorting of invites and either telling people they "only" have an evening invitation or in my case telling some close relatives they aren't invited at all (family stuff) that I've still to do and I am NOT looking forward to it! But it's H2B's wedding too and I have to make sure he's comfortable on the day too! Finges crossed it goes better than I think it will in my head! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

How long have you got until the big day Harajuku80? I'm getting married in September and so far I haven't enjoyed much of the planning...it really upsets me as I had thought since I was a little girl that planning my wedding would be an amazing exciting time but so far all I can seem to do is stress and panic and worry about what other people think Rather than thinking about myself and H2B! I really hope once I get bridesmaids dresses ordered on Saturday and tick another big thing of the list that I will start to relax and enjoy it all! X

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLMtoBe View Post
    How long have you got until the big day Harajuku80? I'm getting married in September and so far I haven't enjoyed much of the planning...it really upsets me as I had thought since I was a little girl that planning my wedding would be an amazing exciting time but so far all I can seem to do is stress and panic and worry about what other people think Rather than thinking about myself and H2B! I really hope once I get bridesmaids dresses ordered on Saturday and tick another big thing of the list that I will start to relax and enjoy it all! X
    Thatís how I started off.Worrying about where people would stay, how they would get there etc etc etc.Then H2B had a word with me and now Iím trying my best to think what do we want not what would everyone else want.If people donít or canít come because of decisions weíve made then its fine.The people who really want to be there will make it.At the moment itís my Dad who keeps asking whether weíve thought about this that or the other and we have to keep telling him we donít need to worry about that yetÖ
    I think like you that once I get my bridesmaids sorted that will be all the big things sorted and hopefully we can relax a little until the summer and then get back on it for September.

I'm going through a wee lull where I'm not feeling particularly excited because I'm too stressed abou things and that makes me feel really sad! i've 3 months exactly (by day) until the big day now and I should be really excited! I'm just finding it hard to let go and say eff it! LOL i know things will be fine for the day and once I'm not constantly putting lists in my head I'll maybe get on better but right now it's just getting me down! My H2B says unless I try to get myself together and enjoy it there might not be a big day! I think he's getting fed up with my low moods and stressed narkiness! I feel so bad for him sometimes but for once i wish he could feel how i feel! Men just don't see what the big deal is and that in itself can get to me! I'm just going to try and do the rest of the bits and pieces with more excitement and enthusiasm and less stress and worry! Fingers crossed! xxxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Ahh bless, glad you have accomplished a few more things since your initial post! It's hard to tell someone to relax and enjoy... if you could you would! Would be such a shame for you to do all this planning & not enjoy the day when it really is you & hubbys BIG DAY! Maybe you should try a couple of massages in the run up & I've heard Kalms (herbal tablets, can pick them up in the chemist) are very good to settle nerves/stress too. Best of luck xx