Thread: When do you have hair and make up trials?

Default When do you have hair and make up trials?

Hello!

Im getting married in September 2015. I think I am going to stick with my usual hairdresser and beauty therapist for doing my hair and make up. What I don't know is when I should arrange a trial for? Is this done a few months before the wedding or earlier??

xx

Super Senior Member

I had my trial last week & get married in 8weeks time xx

I was advised to have my trials 4 weeks before but know people who have had theirs sooner. Guess it depends it it's someone you know and trust already or if the trials are to pick between suppliers x

Super Senior Member

I am planning on having my trial 12 weeks before............just cos I dont want to wait much longer! xx

Super Senior Member

I get married march 2015 n was advised to get make up trial in dec/jan and my sister is my hairdresser so I've had 2 trials already n it was surprisingly easy to choose......she expected me to be a nightmare x

I had trials before I booked so a year in advance to the Wedding. I might have one closer to the time aswell x

That's great everyone thank you for the advice! I was just totally unsure when I should be planning for that xx

I'm a bit concerned about having the trials so close to the date. My first few choices for MUA were already booked but have managed to find a few who are available. I get married in February next year and have been advised to book a trial in December/January time, but what if I don't like them?! There's no way I'll find an alternative just a couple of months before the wedding.
    It's starting to stress me out, so any advice would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about having the trials so close to the date. My first few choices for MUA were already booked but have managed to find a few who are available. I get married in February next year and have been advised to book a trial in December/January time, but what if I don't like them?! There's no way I'll find an alternative just a couple of months before the wedding.
    It's starting to stress me out, so any advice would be much appreciated!
    Hello,

As a makeup artist this is when I would recommend having your trial however I always mention that if a bride wishes to have her trial sooner then I would be happy to do so. Speak to your makeup artist and I am sure she will be fine with this. I've done trials a year in advance and it's fine as I write up a face chart so that I know what to do on the day.If in the mean time any products used were to be discontinued I would try to replace with as similar as possible.
    Hope this helps.
    Karen Bowen

Thanks for your replies!
    I know my hair dresser will do a great job, I've just never had my make up done before which is why I'm a bit apprehensive. I'll maybe see if I can get a trial earlier, tho sure I'm worrying over nothing!

Platinum Member

I was told the norm is 4-6 months before but I thought that was quite long, I get married feb 2015 & having my trial beginning of December

Senior Platinum Member

I was advised September / October time for my wedding in December, but I dont see there being anything wrong with getting them earlier. Ive had my hair and make up done by a few MUA's and hairdressers as a pre-trial for a night out just to see if I like them xxx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I was considering having my trial at christmas time and I get married in May next year...although I'd like to have it before then so I know what I'm doing as the MUAs I'm interested in are already getting bookings for 2015/16! So, I wonder do I book them first and THEN do the trial later on in the year or book a trial first then book them for the wedding?!? I'm worried that if I book them THEN have a trial I won't like the work afterall and If I don't book them soon I'm worried I won't get the one I want! OAFT! this is so stressful! LOL xx
    Friday 1st May 2015