Thread: Mr and Mrs Smith. 19th April 2014. Glasgow Uni Chapel and Linlithgow Burgh Halls

Default Mr and Mrs Smith. 19th April 2014. Glasgow Uni Chapel and Linlithgow Burgh Halls

Wedding Report..

We were married on 19th April 2014 in the glorious Scottish sunshine. It seems like it was only yesterday. We had an amazing day and I just wanted to highlight some of our amazing suppliers and venues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (70 of 268).jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	11825
    We were married in the University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel. The wedding organisers there are simply amazing, made sure all of the little details were seen to and answered all of my silly little questions. Highly recommend this stunning venue.

Afterwards our reception was at Linlithgow Burgh Halls.
    We really wanted a nice, fresh, blank canvas we could make our own and Linlithgow was perfect for this. We had a coach arranged for our guests and we did a little 'Mr and Mrs' quiz for the 40min journey. Lesley and her team are simply amazing. The rooms looked perfect, the service was outstanding and we couldn't have imagined a better place to celebrate our marriage.

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (113 of 268).jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	11826

Flowers were by Lavender Blue in Glasgow. There is no one else I would reccommend as much as the lovely ladies at Lavender Blue. From the first appointment to the service on the day i simply cannot fault them. The displays were beautiful and the bouquets were perfection.

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (6 of 268).jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	11827

Ceilidh Band: The Reel Stramash. They are a fairly new band on the scene but are the best i've ever heard. We had a number of guests up from England and the band got everyone on their feet dancing. They're young, talented with a contemporary twist.

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (214 of 268).jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	11829

Videographer: Piece of Time Media.

The video was one of the main concerns for me as it was one of the biggest expenses, however I am so glad we decided to get one done. Alistair was brilliant, didn't even notice him on the day and he captured our day perfectly. The DVD is amazing.

Photographer: Dasha Miller
    Dasha is a good friend of ours and has been doing amateur photography for years. She was perfect on the day, made us feel really at ease and also knew a lot of our guests so they felt comfortable with her.
    We are so delighted with our photos, there are too many to share but here's one of our favourites!

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (164 of 268).jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	11831

Hair and Make-Up
    The Aisle Bridal Hair and Make-Up

Kylie was simply amazing on the day, she had us 6 girls hair to do as well as my make up. The hair was all stunning and my make up was flawless all day (i wish i could employ her every morning!)
    She was lovely and chatty and came to our hotel to get us ready so we didn't have to travel in the morning.
    Highly reccommended.

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (2 of 268).jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	11832

Caterers: Food Creations

Simon and his team were amazing from start to finish. They allowed us to create our own menu, and provided several special meals for those with dietary requirements. They also did all of our decor and table settings which turned out amazingly.
    Highly recommended.

Name:	1401982_10152317963838350_5521915977891545133_o.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	11834

Other Suppliers we'd like to highlight

Dress: Reetas Fashions in Glasgow. They have an amazing choice of gowns at really reasonable prices. I went to 6 or 7 dress shops in my search and hated how some of them made me feel. Reetas give you all the time you need (i think i tried on about 20 dresses altogether!)

Cake: Custom Cakes by Lyndsey. Lyndsey is based in Shawlands in Glasgow and runs the business from home. The cake was exactly what we wanted and was extremely yummy.

Cars: Glasgow Taxis. We got a white cab as our wedding car. really reasonably priced (compared to some of the classic cars charging an absolute fortune!) and now every time we see a white cab it reminds us of our special day :-)

Wedding Hotel- We stayed at Glenavon House Hotel in Linlithgow and it was so magical. The owners stayed up to welcome us at just past 1am, made us feel so special. The breakfast was amazing and as it was Easter they even gave us creme eggs!

Chair Hire: Pretty Settings. They were able to drop off and pick up same day, something most hire companies won't do.

AV Hire- Audio CP in Glasgow. We hired in all of our lighting and sound equipment for a friend to DJ. brilliant service and good prices. They even allowed us to drop off on Easter Sunday before we went on our Honeymoon.
    Last edited by AABride; 12-06-2014 at 09:09 AM.

A few more photos from our day

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (78 of 268).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	11849

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (155 of 268).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	11850

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (132 of 268).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	11851

Name:	Iain and Abi wedding (262 of 268).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	11852

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you look stunning x

Lovely photos x

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Congratulations! You look gorgeous and your photos are absolutely stunning. Your ceremony venue is breathtaking in these pics xxx

Super Senior Member

Congrats Mrs Smith and thank you for sharing your pics. They're gorgeous xxx

Congratulations - the photographs are stunning and looks like you had a fantastic day x

Congrats to you both! Beautiful pics xx

Super Senior Member

congratulations! beautiful pictures xxx