Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DIY Save the Dates Done

Sounds like you got a cracking deal! Glad you're finding it easy to use

I used mine last night to make parts of our day invites, don't need to send them out for ages yet but makes sense to start cutting and building the bits I know I'm going to need!
    Thinking about buying an embossing pen so I can write my place cards and just emboss the names... X

they look pro! nice one x

How did you manage to do the tie the knot part of the ribbon?? Love these xxx

WOW these look great.We are getting ready to send ours out in the next month get married in May. Time is running away with itself!

Thanks very much ladies! We were very pleased with them! Need to get working on the actual invites so that they are ready to send out just after Christmas.

bridetobee you need to make a small hole in each side of the flaps. Thread the ribbon through the first hole from outside to inside, tie a knot in the middle of the ribbon and then thread the other end through the second holed from inside to outside. The knot should be lossened off as much as you can when you close the flaps over so that when you open them it pulls the knot tighter. X

sorry never noticed you had replied.... they are really lovely im going to give it a bash lol, i want to try and do all my stationary myself to save a bit of money , How did you know how long the ribbon was to be?? Did you find it better to have it a little longer?? thanks for the info xx

Hey hope your planning is going well. How funny that you've replied to this now as I just finished our day invites this morning! Shall post pics tomorrow.

i made a mock version to make sure I was happy with the design, I used that to check the best ribbon length then once I was happy I dismantled it and cut all my other ribbons to the same length. Hope this helps x

thanks im going to give it a go xxx