Thread: Rowallan castle reviews, help!

Default Rowallan castle reviews, help!

Hi all,

I have just joined the forum so this is all very new to me. I got engaged about 6 weeks ago now and we are looking to get married next year Between June and September. We have been to see loads of venues and I am looking for some advice on a venue we have seen and really like, it's Rowallan castle in Kilmaurs Ayrshire. From what I can see they have only recently started doing weddings in 2013 therefore there appear to be no reviews online, and like most people I'm sure I like to check out the reviews to reassure myself. Currently my main concern is around the food, as it is a castle and they only open for private functions we went to the local golf club for a meal who is catered for by the same company however the food was basic I didn't wow us, it's a difficult comparison as it would not be the food we would select for our wedding but as the food is one of the most important things and something that people generally rate at a wedding I am keen to hear if anyone has any experience or heard anything about this venue?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi - Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the forum you will soon find yourself addicted ha ha. I am unable to offer any knowledge on Rowallan Castle, but wanted to suggest perhaps looking for reviews on the company that provide the catering, and also, ask Rowallan to pass your contact details onto previous couples who have been married and explain you would be looking for review and would like to talk to them.

Hopefully some girls on here will be able to help though.

Good luck
    x

Hi,

Thanks, I have asked for contact details for previous couples so hopefully they will get back to us soon on that. I have also just emailed them for the caterers name too so hopefully we will be able to do some research into them and get some reviews to help us.

I had no idea picking a venue would be so stressful, there are so many things to consider.

Thanks for you help.

Hi Kirsty,

i was wondering if you eventually booked Rowallan? We are also interested but unsure about lack of reviews online. Any advice?

Hi

Did you get married at this venue? Just wondering how it was?

Thanks