Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: August Brides

My hen do was last weekend and we went to Blackpool which was fantastic! I didn't know anything about what was happening except which hotel we were staying in and that my mum and her pals were joining us on the Saturday night. I guess the theme was 'Blackpool' haha! We went to the Pleasure Beach and the arcades, got our palms read on the pier and ate ice cream while wandering up and down the prom - it was fantastic!

My BMs also reserved a table for us at a restaurant called Jade Delight which was a nice surprise (and also very tasty) and my dad joined us for the meal which was great! My family all live in Manchester so it wasn't too far for them to come up and join us.

My hen do was a bit weird in that it was me, my two BMs and my two best guy friends but it really worked and it was amazing to spend all weekend with all of my best pals and not just the girls.

It feels completely different now that the hen do's hen done though! It's like the real countdown is on. I've only got 3 weeks and 4 days left to go (I'm a July bride intruding on your active thread haha) and it just feels so much more 'real' now that the next thing is the wedding - I imagine it'll be even more busy and weird once my H2B's stag has passed! That's not 'til the 21st though

Quote Originally Posted by MissN View Post
    My Hen's on Sat 19th July & I've no idea what the plan is! Everything has been kept a surprise, all I know is that I've to be ready to leave mine at 12.30pm....so it's an all day thing & I actually can't even guess what they have planned for me! V excited, especially as I've never had a surprise before (apart from when H2B proposed ).

Ordered H2B's gifts at the weekend (an engraved pocket watch and engraved cufflinks), H2B, our best man & the ushers got their kilts fitted a couple of weeks ago, I've got to send pics of me after my hair & make up trial this Saturday to send to the woman making out cake toppers (they're done as personalised as possible!), I've got one of the ushers phoning round to get quotes on coach hires, I've yet to buy my underwear for the day.

Also, I'm getting a pair of customised Converse (going to order them in a couple of weeks) to wear on my first day as a married woman (and obv after that ), with small, abbreviated writing on the back tag with my married name 'Mrs. McD'. It's discreet, so not too cheesey & could only be seen if you pointed it out to people - I just love them!

Just over 9 weeks to go, and I've got a mixture of excitment & moments of stress/panic going on..... but, I cannot wait for the big day to be here!! xx

I'm getting customised converse too - I wasn't sure whether to go for the stitching ot the back tab, but I've seen the stictching and it didn't look that good so I've gone for the back tab too :-D - I'll be Mrs Sim. I was going to get my OH some but he's not a lover of converse. Boo xx

Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    My hen do was last weekend and we went to Blackpool which was fantastic! I didn't know anything about what was happening except which hotel we were staying in and that my mum and her pals were joining us on the Saturday night. I guess the theme was 'Blackpool' haha! We went to the Pleasure Beach and the arcades, got our palms read on the pier and ate ice cream while wandering up and down the prom - it was fantastic!

My BMs also reserved a table for us at a restaurant called Jade Delight which was a nice surprise (and also very tasty) and my dad joined us for the meal which was great! My family all live in Manchester so it wasn't too far for them to come up and join us.

My hen do was a bit weird in that it was me, my two BMs and my two best guy friends but it really worked and it was amazing to spend all weekend with all of my best pals and not just the girls.

It feels completely different now that the hen do's hen done though! It's like the real countdown is on. I've only got 3 weeks and 4 days left to go (I'm a July bride intruding on your active thread haha) and it just feels so much more 'real' now that the next thing is the wedding - I imagine it'll be even more busy and weird once my H2B's stag has passed! That's not 'til the 21st though

Awww that sounds like you had a lovel time - I'm so excited for mine. xx

Hi girls,

I am having two hens (greedy hehe) - first one is London from 18th-20th July for Singalonga Grease and second one is a night out in Edinburgh on 9th August. I have no idea about themes or clothes, really need to go henny wardrobe shopping soon! Having an absolute nightmare of a week at work which started with me having my purse stolen in Finland last Friday - not good! So no online purchases for me until my new cards arrive! xx

Quote Originally Posted by mosusken View Post
    Hi girls,

I am having two hens (greedy hehe) - first one is London from 18th-20th July for Singalonga Grease and second one is a night out in Edinburgh on 9th August. I have no idea about themes or clothes, really need to go henny wardrobe shopping soon! Having an absolute nightmare of a week at work which started with me having my purse stolen in Finland last Friday - not good! So no online purchases for me until my new cards arrive! xx
    OH NO - What a nightmare - hoping you get all your new cards very soon.

I'm having an Edinburgh hen too, it was supposed to be 9th August, but we had to change it for the home stag, so it's now 2nd August. xx

Eeeek, all these henny's sound ace!! All fellow 27th June Hen's...not long too go...I am going for a weekend in Dublin for mine, can not wait, just need to find a sat night outfit asap! xx

Have fun on your hens ladies! Mine isn't until end of July. A little word of warning to anyone still to send invites...we chose invites with a crystal heart stuck on the front which meant they exceeded the new postal regulations and all had to be sent as large letters. Those going abroad had to be sent as parcels and cost 20 to send 5!! Eeeek!

On a happier note, took h2b into town at the weekend to make a decision about my wedding perfume. Came home from work yesterday to find a lovely Jo Malone gift bag on the bed with my perfume and body lotion, he had sneaked back into town and purchased it! Another reason why I'm marrying him, lol!

Got appointments made now for dress fitting and draft ceremony/ vows sent to celebrant. Having trial HD brows done on Saturday. Feeling bit calmer

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMackie2B View Post
    Have fun on your hens ladies! Mine isn't until end of July. A little word of warning to anyone still to send invites...we chose invites with a crystal heart stuck on the front which meant they exceeded the new postal regulations and all had to be sent as large letters. Those going abroad had to be sent as parcels and cost 20 to send 5!! Eeeek!

On a happier note, took h2b into town at the weekend to make a decision about my wedding perfume. Came home from work yesterday to find a lovely Jo Malone gift bag on the bed with my perfume and body lotion, he had sneaked back into town and purchased it! Another reason why I'm marrying him, lol!

Got appointments made now for dress fitting and draft ceremony/ vows sent to celebrant. Having trial HD brows done on Saturday. Feeling bit calmer
    I had a heart brooch on the front of mine - I don't think I paid anything near that to post :-0, I totally forgot to factor postage into our budget, which is why I hand delivered most of them.

How sweet is your OH, that's a lovely gesture xx

Just had a call to say my bridesmaids dresses are in woohoo soooo excited to see them in the colours i chose...they only had a pale pink sample and i've ordered a fuschia and eggplant (purple lol) so can't wait to see them, going in at 9.30 Saturday to pick them up x

Quote Originally Posted by skirtyth View Post
    Just had a call to say my bridesmaids dresses are in woohoo soooo excited to see them in the colours i chose...they only had a pale pink sample and i've ordered a fuschia and eggplant (purple lol) so can't wait to see them, going in at 9.30 Saturday to pick them up x
    Oooh, how exciting - what style did you go for??

I still haven't had the call about my dress yet, there's still 11 weeks to go so I'm not nervous yet (Okay so I'm a teeny tiny bit nervous but reyting really hard not to be!). xx

I went for Romantica Alma, they're quite plain, my sister does NOT do girly but she looked stunning and it was only the second dress she tried on, took more time picking the the colour than i did the dress lol i just hope they suit the colours i've picked! I was super excited when the woman called so can only imagine how excited you must be waiting for your wedding dress call...i got my dress in a sample sale so i don't have that to look forward to. i'm sure it will be in in not time at all xx

I went for Romantica Alma, they're quite plain, my sister does NOT do girly but she looked stunning and it was only the second dress she tried on, took more time picking the the colour than i did the dress lol i just hope they suit the colours i've picked! I was super excited when the woman called so can only imagine how excited you must be waiting for your wedding dress call...i got my dress in a sample sale so i don't have that to look forward to. i'm sure it will be in in not time at all xx
    Those are really pretty dresses, I've gone with Mori Lee 282 in Teal. I'm sure if you google it, my pintrest picture comes up with the girls in them (But in Purple!) Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I was so excited when the bridesmaids came in, I'll be unbearable when it's actually my dress.

I'm sure the colours will be fab xx

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_stanton View Post
    Those are really pretty dresses, I've gone with Mori Lee 282 in Teal. I'm sure if you google it, my pintrest picture comes up with the girls in them (But in Purple!) Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I was so excited when the bridesmaids came in, I'll be unbearable when it's actually my dress.

I'm sure the colours will be fab xx
    Bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous ladies, I'm in a bit of a panic ours are not in yet, and angilique lamont tells me they not be until mid July our wedding is 9th august aaaaaaa!!!!, also my invites have not came yet, why oh why do things never go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsh2014 View Post
    Bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous ladies, I'm in a bit of a panic ours are not in yet, and angilique lamont tells me they not be until mid July our wedding is 9th august aaaaaaa!!!!, also my invites have not came yet, why oh why do things never go to plan.
    Still plenty of time for B'Maids dresses MrsH, they realistically won't be fitted until 4/6 weeks before so I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Fingers crossed you get your invitations soon - when were you expecting them? xx

We're not getting our fitted until mid July mrsh2014 so plenty of time but can understand why you're stressing.

Kirsty that was the style of dress I had wanted, they're gorgeous, but the shop consultant advised that as my sister is short with a big chest she'd be better with two straps lol and gotta admit the dress is gorgeous on her. So funny that your maids pop up on google, I hope they don't mind lol, I love Pinterest :-) and I think the colour your maids have on is the colour of one of my dresses....I'll find out tomorrow lol

Hi ladies!! Sorry iv not been getting involved in this thread much! But i read the updates every day!

Those dresses are soo stunning!! I love them!

Ok, here is my update....

We are 7 weeks today!! Soo excited and got a very busy weekend ahead....
    Having my hair and makeup trials tomorrow morning with my mum!
    then meeting florist int he afternoon with Stephen.

then on Sunday, going to my mums to see my dad for fathers day and then down to Balloch to see Stephens dad and then we are going to mass at 4pm and meeting the priest afterwards to discuss the ceremony!

Im having a bit of a nightmare at the moment as the girls had their first bridesmaid fitting on Tuesday last week and the alterations were going to cost 500!!!!! The dresses were only 50 each!! so i have booked an appointment at another alteration place, hopefully they wont be anywhere near as much as that!!
    That was only for the following - Hemming all 4 dresses, taking 2 dresses out at the hips slightly, taking 2 of the dresses in at the waist and lifting the shoulders and adding a 'jersey skirt' style lining to them!!

I was not best pleased!

Other than that everything is going well, we are getting lots of RSVPs back now and evening invitations go out this weekend

Im getting butterflies in my tummy now when i think about everything i still have to do, a mixture of excitement and worry!! lol
    Still have a huuuuge list of things to do/ make!!

Hope everyone else is getting on well!!

xxx

We're not getting our fitted until mid July mrsh2014 so plenty of time but can understand why you're stressing.

Kirsty that was the style of dress I had wanted, they're gorgeous, but the shop consultant advised that as my sister is short with a big chest she'd be better with two straps lol and gotta admit the dress is gorgeous on her. So funny that your maids pop up on google, I hope they don't mind lol, I love Pinterest :-) and I think the colour your maids have on is the colour of one of my dresses....I'll find out tomorrow lol

Well one of my bridesmaids will be 38 weeks pregnant on the day of my wedding, so I'm hoping the one strap will be okay! Too late now :-(.

The shop are being great and are changing it from zip back to lace up to try and keep the alterations to a minimum xx

(Yeah, I didn't know they would pop up on Google from Pintrest, it was the bridal shop emailed me to tell me - Whoops!) xx

What the actual :-0 500 that's ridiculous, fingers crossed the new place isn't half as expensive!!

See my note above, I'm not sure how much the alterations are going to be for that one dress, I had to order another 2 metres of material which cost 50.00. I'm keeping everything crossed it's not ridiculous :-/ xx
    and

Tell me about it! I could not believe it!!

Ohh, i hope its not too much! Its crazy the cost of things for wedding!! 50 for 2m of fabric!
    I know in the bridal store where is got my dress it was about 125 to change a back from zip to lace up so i dont expect it to be any more than that! because that was for a wedding dress.
    38 weeks on your wedding day!! Dont get her too excited or emotional on the day haha!! or you may have a double celebration!!
    xxx

Wow that is a lot for bridesmaid alterations!!

9 weeks for us today... Quite a lot on this week too!! Pre wedding shoot on Sunday at Loch Lomond - no idea what to wear!!! Suppose it will depend on the weather....
    Going shopping with my mum on Monday, will be looking for bridesmaid shoes and underwear ( I've bought a beautiful elle McPherson bra but can't get the pants in my size to match ANYWHERE! So annoying) and pick up the hip flasks I've ordered for my bridesmaids. Then I have a make up trial on Tuesday and hair trial on weds.
    All the invites are out, still got about 30 rsvps to get but the cut off date isn't until the 4th July.... Which is when I will start to play hard ball! Lol! Same date as my hen do and bridesmaid dress fittings so ill probably be more focused on that (lucky for the non-RSVP ers)

getting so exciting now, great to hear how everyone is getting on!!! Xx

Quote Originally Posted by RoxanneD View Post
    Tell me about it! I could not believe it!!

Ohh, i hope its not too much! Its crazy the cost of things for wedding!! 50 for 2m of fabric!
    I know in the bridal store where is got my dress it was about 125 to change a back from zip to lace up so i dont expect it to be any more than that! because that was for a wedding dress.
    38 weeks on your wedding day!! Dont get her too excited or emotional on the day haha!! or you may have a double celebration!!
    xxx
    Oh my goodness - I really hope it's not as much as that :-( xx

Super Senior Member

Had my hair & make up trial yesterday, wearing my dresses (Indian outfit & white wedding dress), and wow - I've never looked so girly in all my life! I don't normally wear a lot of make up, so it was nice to see that I didn't look like a drag queen . Both outfits have different looks & I'm amazed at what make up artists can do to make slight changes, that totally change your look!

Need to to send pics of me to the cake topper person today.... Getting v excited!!
    Xx

Just managing to get through my weekend on call (just!). Totally dragging in with the prospect of a long weekend coming up. Took a few days holiday and have my first dress fitting on Thursday then hen weekend on Friday! Back on Monday and meeting with the photographer in the evening. All go from now on! Just three more days of work after today...

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

All our day invites have been out for a few weeks and we're starting to get some RSVPs. We've put an RSVP date of 30th June, which is maybe a bit too soon from the date so I won't start to panic about any that havent come in yet till mid July haha. Starting to dish out the everning invites now. Stupidly I forgot to get different dates on the evening RSVPs so they also say 30th June, but will just need to let people know that its 30th July, sure they wont mind. Even thought about not even putting RSVPs with the evening invites but we need to know about numbers for buses & the buffet so need to.

I keep having wee mini panics when I think about all the stuff I still have to do & with just over 9 weeks to go I keep thinking I'll run out of time. I'll need to write a wee list (another, already have about 100) with what I've still to do to calm myself down xx

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
    All our day invites have been out for a few weeks and we're starting to get some RSVPs. We've put an RSVP date of 30th June, which is maybe a bit too soon from the date so I won't start to panic about any that havent come in yet till mid July haha. Starting to dish out the everning invites now. Stupidly I forgot to get different dates on the evening RSVPs so they also say 30th June, but will just need to let people know that its 30th July, sure they wont mind. Even thought about not even putting RSVPs with the evening invites but we need to know about numbers for buses & the buffet so need to.

I keep having wee mini panics when I think about all the stuff I still have to do & with just over 9 weeks to go I keep thinking I'll run out of time. I'll need to write a wee list (another, already have about 100) with what I've still to do to calm myself down xx
    We're 1st of July dealdline for our 30th August wedding. I've got to have numbers with the veue 4 weeks before (Even although at first they stated 2 weeks before and then 3, they have now settled on 4 :-/). I didn't put an RSVP date on the evening ones, but hopefully they'll be in for the end of July.

I've got 2 evening ones to deliver tonight and then that's it!! :-) xxx