Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: August Brides

Hello!

I'm the 16th aug and mine hasn't come in yet, there was a wee delay and it is due in mid to end of June, but I am hoping it comes sooner as I just got an e-mail at the start of the week to say my BM dresses are now in and they weren't due till end of June either!! Eeeek, I'm not worried, but I would still like it to be here so I don't have that in the back of my mind. Hope your's comes in soon too xx
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_stanton View Post
    Any August brides wedding dress not arrived yet? xx

Totally missed this thread even though I'm on here quite a lot (OK, daily. OK, sometimes hourly). We are the 8th August! Just less than 10 weeks eek.

Still to organise order of the day/ceremony, gifts, my perfume/beauty stuff, hotel to stay in and what to do with the dogs. Managed to book a lot of meetings with suppliers this week but it was crazy writing down the dates which I was available to do anything. I am literally busy every day for the next 10 weeks!!

My wedding dress came in a few weeks ago but I was advised not to have the first fitting until 6 weeks before, so if your dress hasn't arrived yet you still have a few weeks before you can start panicking! xxx

Date twin! Also 8th August!

We sent our invites out a couple of weeks ago and have so far had 5 rsvps back, still time! My sister is supposed to get her bridesmaids dress soon and I'm looking to go for a dress fitting towards the end of June. Going to spend some time tomorrow looking for best man/bridesmaid presents.

Hi everyone,

We had our meeting with our venue about timings and menus 2 weeks ago so now I'm full steam ahead on my order of the day's. It's going to involve looads of cutting with scissors so I'm not looking forward to that but they with be worth it in the end. My deadline to order my bridesmaids dresses in tomorrow so I should be doing that right now instead of posting on here but I'm waiting to for an email back to find out if I can get some discounts. I've got so many little projects I've planned and it's starting to seem a bit daunting now! Also getting my H2B tied down to got for meetings with suppliers is proving difficult. I've decided I'm going to the florists on my own!

We sent our invitations of back in November because most of our guests are coming from other countries. (England, Holland, America, Dubai) so I'm so glad we are pretty much sorted with everyone's accommodation and RSVP's. Most of them haven't officially RSVP'd (on our website) so I'm taking the fact that they've booked hotel rooms as a yes!

We finally found somewhere to get our ushers and best man suits from yesterday which was a relief. So we just need to book that now.

So much to do. So little time! 10 weeks tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by jenny-l-v View Post
    Date twin! Also 8th August!

We sent our invites out a couple of weeks ago and have so far had 5 rsvps back, still time! My sister is supposed to get her bridesmaids dress soon and I'm looking to go for a dress fitting towards the end of June. Going to spend some time tomorrow looking for best man/bridesmaid presents.
    Hi jenny-l-v. I'm looking at bridesmaid pressies at the moment too, but unsure of how much to spend given were paying for dresses 220 each !! Jewellery, shoes, make up and hair. I was thinking about doing a wee box with tshirt for morning, perfume, lippy, champagne, photo frame, what do you think what are you thinking???

Your box sounds fab, I hadn't really thought of putting anything like that together since I'm only having my sister as bridesmaid. I ordered some earrings for her earlier today, also thinking of maybe a posh bottle of wine or maybe an engraved wine glass. The best man will be getting a bottle of whisky and engraved tumblers so a similar theme! Will probably come in at about 75-80 for them each. I might get something for the morning though for her and my mum, also maybe my dad so he doesn't feel left out! Thinking about it now, is there even that much stuff available for father of bride?? Will have to have a look!

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

So we've officially started inviting people! Gave out a chunk of invites tonight's, with so e to be posted tomorrow and some more to be handed out throughout the week. We're just delivering the invites to those we can get to ourselves, save a bit on postage.

Got 2 RSVPs back already from my aunt & cousin.......ahhhh it's all getting close xx

Quote Originally Posted by jenny-l-v View Post
    Your box sounds fab, I hadn't really thought of putting anything like that together since I'm only having my sister as bridesmaid. I ordered some earrings for her earlier today, also thinking of maybe a posh bottle of wine or maybe an engraved wine glass. The best man will be getting a bottle of whisky and engraved tumblers so a similar theme! Will probably come in at about 75-80 for them each. I might get something for the morning though for her and my mum, also maybe my dad so he doesn't feel left out! Thinking about it now, is there even that much stuff available for father of bride?? Will have to have a look!
    Sounds good to me, your sister will be chuffed, notonthehighstreet,and etsy have some nice stuff but I feel it can be a bit overpriced, suppose it depends if folk will appreciate it too. My dad would be happy with a bottle of wine infact I wonder if I could get a personalised label?... Away to have a look lol.
    productive day today, m10 forms completed and finally paid and ordered invitations after much debate as to who they should sending them, as we are pAying for wedding but my parents wanted invites to be from them... After much deliberation we decided to do what we want as we are working our wee buts off, they are from us!! Big weight lifted. Hair trials Wednesday, with my sister who's not too stingy to get one!! Onwards and upwards, hopefully start enjoying this wedding planning malarkey again.
    Last edited by mrsh2014; 02-06-2014 at 10:27 PM.

8 weeks to go on Friday for us!
    Have had a productive few days so far - invitations are now sorted. H2b had his stag on Saturday which was quad biking, bbq etc so with the gorgeous weather it was a big success. Put together our orders of service and timings for day - just got to work on our vows now - eeek. And my favourtie thing of the week was booking a fairylight ceiling canopy for the marquee which was a gift from our parents. I am pacing the floor however waiting on the call to say my dress is in - they have said start of June so hopefully not much longer - its been a long wait since October!

Eeek - made the appointment to register the marriage and hand in the M10 forms - 25th June @ 10am.

It's all starting to feel a bit real now. Had my first wedding nightmare last night. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong - everything worked our - except my photographer didn't turn up at all.

It's still giving me palpations thinking about it.

Things are looking slow on the RSVP from just now and still got to deliver a whack of evening invitations. Better get my finger out.

Now engagement ring-less as it's with the jewellers, but I don't know if I'll wear it again before the wedding as it's getting cleaned and re-plated so I don't want to get it dirty before I wear it on the day. :-(. Wedding ring shopping tonight with OH.

I've got lots of other little things that need doing but won't take long - I just need to get my finger out and do them xx

81 days until 23rd August......GULP!! sounds sooo close, but yet so far away! xx
    x x

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamJ View Post
    81 days until 23rd August......GULP!! sounds sooo close, but yet so far away! xx
    We're pretty much the week before you (17th August), and to me it sounds far away, but then it's so close when I realise how much we've still to do! It seems like a lot, but I think that's just me stressing .

We've still got a couple of supplier meetings to arrange, to arrange the buttonhole for my side of the family, mini bus hire to take people from my parent's house and back again to the venue, still ot buy guest book, post box & favour bags (we're having personlised M&Ms, as both our surnames begin with M's), still to do the orders of service. I've got my hair & make up trial a week on Saturday, dress alterations appt's made. Hen do is in July, and I know nothing about it, except what date & time I've to be ready to leave my flat - excited! Also need to buy H2Bs gifts, which I'm going to try and do this weekend, hopefully! Then there's the seating plan to do, after the RSVP date....not looking forward to doing to seating plan!

Seems like loads to do..... xx

It's amazing how were all at different stages, I keep reading thinking oh no I've not done that yet or, yeh I've done that lol, really tempted to stress but it will all come together I keep telling myself. I've got my hair trials tmrw so excited for that, fingers crossed I'm right to be excited and it goes well.

MrsMackie2b love the idea of your fairy light canopy, that will be beautiful!!!,

Grooms wedding ring ordered last night and I bought his watch which will be his wedding day gift.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenblonde View Post

I'm the 16th aug
    Jenblonde we're date twins :-)

Still have loads to do but slowly and surely ticking things off my list, need to post the M10 forms (filled them in at the weekend then totally forgot about them doh!) still to get rings, gifts for wedding party, shoes and veil for me, hair accessories for BMs, finish writing notes for our ceremony to send to officiant (really need to get a move on with this) pick hymn and readings for ceremony, pick menu, and loads of other things that keep popping into my brain. Have almost all our day RSVPs back so just need to finish our evening invites and get them sent out at the weekend. Have my hen weekend on the 20th June soooooo looking forward to this and got alterations booked for 12th July super excited for this a busy 10.5 weeks ahead! xx

Have just panicked myself by printing out a July/August calendar and noting all the dates suppliers need paid :-/ looks like my bank account will be empty sooner than I thought lol x

Ooooh exciting to have a date twin!!!

Me too, I kept telling myself I just had the little things left to do for so long, and now I am doing them they are taking much longer than all the big things did haha but getting there one thing at a time. Honeymoon all paid off now and posted out my day invites early this week which was exciting, so looking forward to getting the rsvp's back in the post! That's exciting you have most of your rsvp's back now, you will be able to get on with some other things once you have final numbers!! M10 forms are on my list to do next I think, but HTB parent's need to find his birth certificate first...eeek! Lots to do but exciting too! Where is your hen weekend? Mine is the week after, on the 27th June xxx

Quote Originally Posted by skirtyth View Post
    Jenblonde we're date twins :-)

Still have loads to do but slowly and surely ticking things off my list, need to post the M10 forms (filled them in at the weekend then totally forgot about them doh!) still to get rings, gifts for wedding party, shoes and veil for me, hair accessories for BMs, finish writing notes for our ceremony to send to officiant (really need to get a move on with this) pick hymn and readings for ceremony, pick menu, and loads of other things that keep popping into my brain. Have almost all our day RSVPs back so just need to finish our evening invites and get them sent out at the weekend. Have my hen weekend on the 20th June soooooo looking forward to this and got alterations booked for 12th July super excited for this a busy 10.5 weeks ahead! xx
    Mrs Anderson to be!!!

oh and i'm the same with july/august! Scared to do that bit haha! x

Quote Originally Posted by Jenblonde View Post
    Ooooh exciting to have a date twin!!!

Me too, I kept telling myself I just had the little things left to do for so long, and now I am doing them they are taking much longer than all the big things did haha but getting there one thing at a time. Honeymoon all paid off now and posted out my day invites early this week which was exciting, so looking forward to getting the rsvp's back in the post! That's exciting you have most of your rsvp's back now, you will be able to get on with some other things once you have final numbers!! M10 forms are on my list to do next I think, but HTB parent's need to find his birth certificate first...eeek! Lots to do but exciting too! Where is your hen weekend? Mine is the week after, on the 27th June xxx

I'm on my hen the 27th June too - Where are you off to? x

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_stanton View Post
    I'm on my hen the 27th June too - Where are you off to? x
    My hen weekend is the 27th of June too!!!

xxxx

i'm a week earlier than you girlies, 18 of us heading off to Moness Resort in Aberfeldy next weekend nice chilled out spa weekend with lots of games (apparently) i don't know anything that's happening, i've just to turn up.

Got our wedding rings on Saturday so that's another thing ticked off the list, going through the invites Saturday night i've somehow managed to invite more evening guests than the venue holds :-/ off to the venue tonight so fiance can speak to the caretaker and see if this is going to be a major issue...in a great deal of panic mode!!!! Oh and since we have all our day rsvps back we done our table plan...only took 3.5 hourse and quite a few vodkas haha x

My hen weekend is next weekend too, can't wait!!!!

Just filling in out the M10 forms now. A few weeks ago I asked h2b if he wanted me to fill his out for him so that there were no mistakes. He seemed offended and said, of course he'll do it himself. He has 3 middle names (!) so I reached over to check his form to check I got the order right and he's only went and filled it all in lower case!! Doesn't everyone know these things are supposed to be in blocked caps?! No big deal lol but he was adamant he couldn't be that daft to fill a wee form out wrong.

Right now now the big problem is the ceremony. We are having a humanist one so giving a lot of input to the celebrant. She has asked for a wee bit from both of us of what marriage means to us and what we love about each other. H2b can't write anything :/ I really wanted it to be a surprise on the day about what he loved about me but as time is ticking I wouldn't be surprised if he told me what he loved and I put it into words for him

First dress fitting a week on Thursday eek! Anyone else had theirs? Did the dress look as you remembered it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoxanneD View Post
    My hen weekend is the 27th of June too!!!

xxxx
    Mine too, got my dress for it yesterday, cannot wait xxx

Where's everyone off to on their hen weekends then and do you have a "Theme" Do you know anything about it?

I'm of to Belfast on 27th June with 7 friends (My bridemaid and best friend can't make it as she's pregnant and passed flying time allowance).

We've got cocktail making and dinner on the Friday, Roller Disco and big night out on the Saturday and home on the Sunday.

I used to be a highland dancer and one of my bridesmaids have designed a logo of a Highland Dancer insude an engagement ring and it reads - Kirsty's Last Fling Before the Ring - Belfast 2014

And the theme of the weekend is Tartan, but on Saturday the girls are wearing tartan and I'm wearing white :-D xx

Super Senior Member

My Hen's on Sat 19th July & I've no idea what the plan is! Everything has been kept a surprise, all I know is that I've to be ready to leave mine at 12.30pm....so it's an all day thing & I actually can't even guess what they have planned for me! V excited, especially as I've never had a surprise before (apart from when H2B proposed ).

Ordered H2B's gifts at the weekend (an engraved pocket watch and engraved cufflinks), H2B, our best man & the ushers got their kilts fitted a couple of weeks ago, I've got to send pics of me after my hair & make up trial this Saturday to send to the woman making out cake toppers (they're done as personalised as possible!), I've got one of the ushers phoning round to get quotes on coach hires, I've yet to buy my underwear for the day.

Also, I'm getting a pair of customised Converse (going to order them in a couple of weeks) to wear on my first day as a married woman (and obv after that ), with small, abbreviated writing on the back tag with my married name 'Mrs. McD'. It's discreet, so not too cheesey & could only be seen if you pointed it out to people - I just love them!

Just over 9 weeks to go, and I've got a mixture of excitment & moments of stress/panic going on..... but, I cannot wait for the big day to be here!! xx