Thread: angelique lamont

Default angelique lamont

I tried a dress on in here I loved and it says it was Grant designs Luna, but ave tried googling it and can't find anything on the designer but have seen the exact same dress by Ronald Joyce it's veronica 17814 now am thinking Angelique Lamont either use a copy of the real dress or have overpriced it! Has anyone experienced this shop?

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Yeah they do a lot of copies. I was told to stay away from it completely after a few bad reviews but I also know some other folk who have had no problem x

I'm very wary about Angelique Lamont! They never disclose the real designer's name and use alternative names for the dresses instead. I had a very bad experience with them when I was looking for my dress - like you, the dress I had liked was labelled 'grant'. They said they didn't know the name of the actual designer. They also said that the dress was part of this year's collection & I wasn't allowed to take a picture of the dress unless I put a deposit down that day! After paying deposit and extensive googling I eventually found out it was a Ronald Joyce over 3 years old (and they had seriously overpriced it!!) Managed to get my deposit back but just didn't like my entire experience with them! That being said, I do know a lot of girls who have been happy with their dresses from Angelique!

I'm sure I heard they rename the dresses so you don't shop around for a better price, so I don't think its a case of them copying a dress, more likely over pricing it! I might be wrong though.
    I didn't mind my experience there, I did find the sample dresses to be in considerable worse condition than elsewhere, but ultimately they were all too expensive for me and unfortunately I didn't feel they were always worth it.

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirst_29 View Post
    I'm sure I heard they rename the dresses so you don't shop around for a better price, so I don't think its a case of them copying a dress, more likely over pricing it! I might be wrong though.
    I didn't mind my experience there, I did find the sample dresses to be in considerable worse condition than elsewhere, but ultimately they were all too expensive for me and unfortunately I didn't feel they were always worth it.
    I've heard this too xxx

I have to say I am not a fan of Angelique lamont, had a really bad experience when I went into try dresses, I didn't even get to see the name of the one I may have liked they really shook my confidence and everytime I booked to try dresses I was a little nervous because of my experience with Angelique lamont. I have my dress now but thankfully not from this shop xx

Super Senior Member

My friend got her dress from Angelique Lamont so I went there first.......have to say that the girl gave me great service, she was so patient and gave me different styles and materials, got to try on around 12-15 dresses (although 2 stunk of BO!)
    however, the one I really liked was allegedly called jasmine by Stewart designers (I'd never heard of them) and was told that I will not find it online as this designer doesn't put their designs on the web. I found this so weird so obv came home and done some digging online for hours on end only to find they do this to everyone, change names, cut tags off dresses etc and I have to say that this totally put me off to the extent that I wanted to go back to the shop and ask why they lie?? I didn't but also I didn't step foot back in the shop! I don't do liars! It was a mori lee dress (or copy possibly!?!) x