Thread: Kirknewton Stables

Default Kirknewton Stables

1st August 2015...

Any other Kirknewton Brides?

yes, and so excited about it. I'm getting married on Sept 27th this year! Completely fell in love with the stables when we went to see it in Feb

Our date is the 22nd August 2015 X

was there for a wedding on sat! its such a lovely venue! a few issues was having to wait out turn (we were the last table) for food, space for getting past to the dance floor (the tables needed spaced better i think) and there were lovely candles lit on the wall at night - however the best man had his hired kilt jacket on the back of the chair and the wax had dripped right down the back all night and we didnt notice till the end :/ i wish the weather was better as i wanted to explore!
    other that that its a lovely building and stunning grounds! the staff were really nice too!

I grew up in Kirknewton-The stables are lovely and everyone I know that has been to a wedding there has really really like it

Bit of a long shot as all these posts were done over a year ago...But I'm getting married in Kirknewton next year and just looking for people who have gone before me...! Any advice for the venue, particularly for a big wedding? Most weddings there seem to be quite small.

I'm having 150 guests and hoping to get married outside, if its raining then we'll squeeze into the stables and then reception in a marquee! If we're outdoors for the ceremony we might have dinner in the stables instead, to ensure we get to use the space somehow, before dancing in a marquee! Slightly concerned it might be a squeeze in the stables with these numbers, and that the rows for the ceremony will go so far back! Anyway, what was your experience of the venue?