Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: September Brides

You can do it in the 3 months before your wedding date , we phoned up and had to make an appointment. I also didn't realise until recently that it is the registry office in the locale of your wedding venue/place where your getting married not as I'd assumed the one nearest to you! 2 different places in our case! Lol . I was soo paranoid I'd forget about these forms so wanted to get it dealt with as soon as! Good luck x

I didint realise you could do it that early either. I thought it was max 8 weeks before so might get that sorted next. My post dates passport arrived yesterday which was pretty exciting - first official document in married name!

We we had our hair and make up trials today and it was so much fun. Really pleased with the look they gave me, really similar to the images I'd shown. Everyone loved the hair and make up and we decided to all go out for lunch to make the most of it. Belated birthday celebration for me.

I've been off this week so been using it to do more wedding stuff. Made a lot of progress on practicing cake decorating. Made sugar roses and frills and even a bit of painting. Quite pleased so far. Also got some embossing tools and did a few small signs for the wedding which look great. A family friend has agreed to play guitar at the ceremony so we finalised the songs we'd like them to play, hopefully it's not too many to learn. 2 months tomorrow eek!!

Two months today!!! So excited! Steady trickle of RSVPs coming in now...lots of people texting me saying they're coming but I'm hoping they know they also have to return the RSVP with meal options etc on it!

Shopping trip with MIL2B was a success on Saturday, she's all sorted with a gorge outfit and then we got my dad's suit yesterday. Going shopping with my mum again this weekend as she's decided she doesn't like her fascinator and wants a different one...and she also needs shoes!

Lorrainep I'm in awe of you making your own cake! Sounds like it'll look fab, can't wait to see pics!

Going to do the legal stuff this month too but need to dig out my birth certificate, god knows there that is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post

Lorrainep I'm in awe of you making your own cake! Sounds like it'll look fab, can't wait to see pics!

Going to do the legal stuff this month too but need to dig out my birth certificate, god knows there that is!!!
    It's definitely not the budget option but truth be told, I'd love to do something like this for a living so this is kinda my trial to teach myself some skills without worrying about paying clients! I might try and share a couple snippets of the trial cakes tonight, still to practice stacking them but not too worried because the middle tier is fake. Everyone is dying to finally taste the cake when I'm done lol!

I know what you mean about birth certificates! We couldn't find H2Bs anywhere so had to order a replacement. I also need to get a replacement driving licence since my other one was stolen but it's proving difficult when you have a post-dated passport!! What bad timing! Need it for driving on honeymoon as well but will ring DVLA and hopefully get it sorted.

Got a few more RSVPs in as well and think we've settled on the two readings for the ceremony which is a relief

Oh yea, please share your pics! I'd love to do something like that too but I'm not very creative!

Dug out both our birth certificates so now need to go online and download the forms. Popped up to Boots today to print off some pics on their instant photo things...putting a wedding pic from each of our parents in a nice frame to go on the fireplace in our venue...really enjoyed looking through the old wedding pics to choose them - hilarious!

We've had a few more RSVPs through as well and also posted a couple of last min invites to people on the maybe list. We decided last night just to go for it! Next on the agenda is to get our evening invites printed. It's only really work folk and some friends of the parents so shouldn't need too many.

Can't believe it's now less than 2 months. I thought I was really organised but now have a huge list of 'wee' things!!

Hey Ladies - How is it going? Has panic set in yet?? It most definitely has with me....eek! We are all sorted, just confirming things with band, list of photographs, still to decide on reading and few wee diy things (kids activity packs etc) but other than that! I have my hair trial this weekend, also need to get another trial for tan - the one I had last week was horrendous! Started a draft seating plan last night.........so difficult! Also got our first notification for final balance ha ha - don't want to part with the cash, bank account has never looked so healthy lol. Can't believe we are only 'weeks' away now! xx

Hello!
    Yes panic or more butterflies starting to set in whenever I think about how close it is! Just passed the 6 week mark for us so had to make a little plan of ever weekend between now and then so I can make sure I don't leave everything last minute ha!

Last weekend I took my mum for lunch and then to Jo Malone to say thanks for all her help and support. I got us both a perfume scent specially for the big day which was a real treat. Mine was courtesy of H2B. In the end I went with Peony and blush suede but they were all lovely! Also just got prints of both dads who aren't with us anymore to have in frames on the day. Both pictures look great.

Wednesday we have our pre-wedding photo-shoot so now I'm panicking what to wear. Going after work isn't ideal but I'll just have to change and redo makeup beforehand. I'll be glad to get it over with to be honest!! Will hopefully finalise shots on the day and photobooth details at the same time.

Got most day RSVPs back bar a couple people who I had to chase. Had a rant on another thread cos I couldn't believe some people expected that a verbal agreement months before the invites went out was OK!! Anyway, I'm in the process of booking taxis now to take everyone to reception. At 100 to transport 35-40 people, it's definitely the cheaper option.

Also got more gifts for wedding party and finally selected readings. Just need to send marriage forms this week eek! We visited our reception venue again to see the room set up and paid a big chunk of the balance. I know what you mean Harley - its hard parting with so much cash!!

I've got some beauty treatments scheduled for next week just before the hen on the 9th (!!) and looking to trial tan as well. Never had one before and paranoid it will look bad. Fingers crossed for us both!

Not sure if I mentioned it in my last update but I made my own pottery cake stand at a craft class which was fired and returned to me the other week. I was really pleased with the result. Will attach a photo separately.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cake stand.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	12186
    Personalised cupcake stand for my dessert table

Wow Lorraine, that looks amazing! Well done!!

I'm also getting a bit nervous now, six weeks yesterday! I had my first dress fitting on Thursday and thankfully still absolutely love my dress...cant wait to try it again after alterations!

Most of the things I have left to do are wee things. Waiting for a few RSVPs to come in so I can make a start on the table plan, also need to buy a few wee bits and bobs like candles. As usual, just waiting for payday so I can buy another load of wedding stuff!!

My hen is also on the 9th and I'm looking forward to it! Got the bad news today that one of my BMs is having an op two days before and now can't travel up for it. I'm a bit gutted but absolutely nothing that could be done about it, her health obv comes first. Still rubbish though!!!

I just printed off the M10 forms so going to get them filled in and sent off this week. Oh and I got a text message from the passport office to say my new passport is printing and will be with me this week...will be soooooo strange to see my new name on something official!

That's a shame clarabo to hear about your bridesmaid missing the hen. I'm sure she would love to have made it to but these things happen.

How is everyone feeling these days? I thought I was OK but the stress is now starting to show. Last week I got a locked jaw for 2 days I suspect from clenching my teeth without realising it. Its better now but not sleeping as well as I normally do either and that's something I rarely have trouble with lol! I think what's adding to it is the stress of some RSVPs and arranging our pre-wedding shoot. Our photographer keeps postponing, sometimes last min (3 times now) and its taken a lot of the excitement about it away. Now I feel like I just want to get it over with which is a real shame. Who knows when we'll get it done!! Also making me nervous that they'll be able to deliver on the day but we've paid in full so not much we can do right now.

I've still got to get my M10 form and ceremony running order off to registrars so really want to do that tomorrow. I reckon the Hen will be coming at the perfect time for me to unwind a bit and have some fun! Can't believe it's this Saturday

thats not so good lorrainep rehtographer - added stress you dont need at this point . i keep sayng that things are under control and its just the little things nearer the time i need to sort out but before i know it'll be the wedding day!!! Really must get a move on, ive got my table plan to finalise, favours to add ribbon too, best man's extra gift to get, cards to buy. Im now also moving house 3 weeks before the big day arghhh - just to add to the stress. I think this in a way in starting to take away the stress from the wedding as im not really getting a min to think about the wedding planning at mo! utter madness but im sure it will come good. I had my dress fitting last sat which was amazing i love my dress even more than i remember but cant believe how heavy it is!my sis reassures me this is normal (?) All of our day rsvp's are back so now its just a case of chasing up some of the evening ones - tonights happy task!

Oh Lorraine, that sounds awful. Hope you're feeling better and your photographer sorts themselves out! I'm starting to feel the stress a wee bit too, I'm not sleeping properly and keep having nightmares about things not being done! I'm super organised so no need for these dreams but they are horrible!

Our RSVP date is Friday and we are only waiting for 3 back now...one of them is my brother! haha! We made a start on designing our table names at the weekend, we've named them after places we've been and put a pic of us on each of the holidays...was hilarious looking back on the pics of our first holiday together!

Can't believe my hen is this weekend either...I've got waxing and tanning appointments galore this week! Really looking forward to it but also feeling really nervous that everyone has a good time! Pressure!!!

September has finally arrived ladies!!! I can't believe how quickly the last 4 weeks have gone by. Hope all of you are getting on okay and feeling excited. Only 5 days left for me, this time next week we'll be on our honeymoon eep!!

woooo!

How exciting! 5 days for me now (we're the Sunday!) and pretty much everything is planned. This time next week we'll be in Barcelona on our minimoon, can't wait!!

Been following your countdown and it seems like you're totally organised. Now it's just a case of sitting back and enjoying your last few days as a 'miss'!

C xx

Glad to hear you're all organised as well! Have a fab time when the day arrives and enjoy your minimoon! xx

Happy wedding day claraboo xxx

Just saw this Mrs H to be - thank you!

Hope you are having a fab wedding day today! Can't wait to hear about it!

C xx