Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: September Brides

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaeri View Post
    Clarabo - I think you're right actually, I hadn't thought of it like that! Now you mention it I think if I was at other weddings before mine I would be second guessing myself and worrying if we should have the same stuff. Just remembered I do actually have one evening reception to go to in July but it's quite low key and small so hopefully I can relax instead of being in Mega Wedding Alert Mode.

Good luck with your make up trial tomorrow! Who are you using for hair/makeup if you don't mind me asking? Really hope it goes well! Soo exciting
    Makeup trial was great, we all loved our makeup and it even stayed on after a messy night out! I'm using Joanne McGinley (https://www.facebook.com/pages/JoJo-...57424140990361) as she's a friend of a friend and was highly recommended. I'd never have been able to choose otherwise...so many MUAs out there!

For hair I'm just using my normal hairdresser, she has become a friend too over the years and would have killed me if I'd asked anyone else to do it! Plus I trust her completely so that helps!!

Also this weekend we got H2B and my brother's suits tailored, so just got to get the best man and the other Usher in to get theirs done now! I also picked up some bits and bobs for the BMs 'on the day' bags so that's all coming together nicely!

I'm getting so impatient waiting for my dress to come in! I ordered in in December and they said it would be June...we're only 3 days into June but I just want it to come in!!!!! What have I become?? I'm usually do laid back! aaargh!

C xx

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    Makeup trial was great, we all loved our makeup and it even stayed on after a messy night out! I'm using Joanne McGinley (https://www.facebook.com/pages/JoJo-...57424140990361) as she's a friend of a friend and was highly recommended. I'd never have been able to choose otherwise...so many MUAs out there!

For hair I'm just using my normal hairdresser, she has become a friend too over the years and would have killed me if I'd asked anyone else to do it! Plus I trust her completely so that helps!!

Also this weekend we got H2B and my brother's suits tailored, so just got to get the best man and the other Usher in to get theirs done now! I also picked up some bits and bobs for the BMs 'on the day' bags so that's all coming together nicely!

I'm getting so impatient waiting for my dress to come in! I ordered in in December and they said it would be June...we're only 3 days into June but I just want it to come in!!!!! What have I become?? I'm usually do laid back! aaargh!

C xx
    That's great that you have hair and makeup from people you know or have personal recommendations for I've never met the MUA or Hair girl I've booked, got my trials next month when I'm in Edinburgh for my hen and I'm so nervous in case I don't like the hair and makeup!

How exciting about your dress! I would be champing at the bit too, I hope it comes in quick! Will you be wearing it round the house on a daily basis?
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaeri View Post
    That's great that you have hair and makeup from people you know or have personal recommendations for I've never met the MUA or Hair girl I've booked, got my trials next month when I'm in Edinburgh for my hen and I'm so nervous in case I don't like the hair and makeup!

How exciting about your dress! I would be champing at the bit too, I hope it comes in quick! Will you be wearing it round the house on a daily basis?
    Don't worry about not liking it...that's what trials are for! If you're not 100% happy then they'll fix it until you are. I've made tweaks at both my hair and makeup trials and they haven't been bothered at all!

Haha I probably would actually. I've been wearing my hairband thing loads since I got it so no doubt I'll be the same with the dress! Hopefully my fittings won't be til nearer the wedding though so I won't get the opportunity. I just want it to come into the shop so I can go look at it again and know that it's my actual dress! Hurry uuuuup! lol!

xx

Wooooooo my dress and my BM dresses are in!!! Going to try my dress on tomorrow so I can take some pics and work out what undies to get. Picking the BM dresses up on Saturday!

Oh, and we get married 13 weeks today!!! Where is the time going!?

Hi ladies hope you are all well, this thread has been pretty quiet for a few days so I thought I'd see how you were all doing with your planning? I've been off work on leave for the last few days which has been fab and allowed me to do loads of weddingy stuff!
    We are off for our 3 month meeting with the venue next week- I can't believe how quickly that's come around, but I'm super excited. We spent yesterday completely finalising our day numbers and made a start on a rough table plan. I also began writing our invites too but gave up after the 11th one!!! Wedding overload ha!
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Hi Mrs-H-to-be, that's great you've had some time off. My next holiday off from work isn't until august so it'll be a mad dash! Ha! We (my mum and I, while groom watched football!) wrote our invites out last night. Just need to buy stamps today and pop in the post and then there's no going back! Eeeeeee! We over compensated for mistakes so we've got heaps of spare invites left over, better too many than too little I suppose.

Hi ladies, been meaning to post for a while but thought I'd wait till I had some things ticked off my list! We went to see our venue planner on Wednesday and got through a lot of stuff. Still a few things to decide so I'm going back to see the room set up before another wedding to figure out where the dessert table and photo booth will go.

Last week I got my post-dated passport signed by registrar and posted off. Right after I saw all the stories on the news about the passport backlog and H2Bs had been with them for 3 weeks now. I'm a bit worried I won't lie. We've still got 11 weeks which I hope is plenty time. The fact it's been all over he news will hopefully mean they get more staff to clear the backlog as well.

Today we went to get the guys fitted for the kilts and my mum kindly paid for H2Bs made to measure kilt. Not cheap! So glad to have that out the way cos it is going to take 8 weeks to make. Started picking up bits and pieces for honeymoon as well.

Been working on the invites the last couple weeks and almost finished! Definitely a labour of love cos its taken longer than I thought. I've added more details to the wedding website as well so it's ready for the invites going out. I'll be excited to post them!

Meeting jeweler tomorrow who has my finished my headpiece, I must admit I'm quite excited about that.

Hi ladies!

This thread has been so quiet of late...is everyone in a planning lull!?

We've had a busy couple of weeks! Invites, RSVPs and info sheets have gone to the printers and I'm hoping to get the evening invites designed this week if I can drag H2B away from the world cup for a couple of hours!! I've ordered some envelope samples too so hopefully we can get out invites out early next week!

My hen night invites have just gone out too, I thought the BMs would just do an email but then I had a beautiful invite delivered and they've sent them to everyone! Exciting!

I tried my actual dress on in Anne Priscilla last Monday - still absolutely love it but definitely need to lose a couple of lbs. I felt like my tummy looked huge, although my mum and the girl in the shop said I was being ridiculous! Got my first fitting at the end of July but apart from the length I think it fits me almost perfectly!

Picked my BM dresses up from The Finer Detail on Saturday. They look fab on the girls and also hardly need any alterations which I'm shocked by. Whenever I've been BM in the past I've had loads of alterations...maybe I'm just a weird shape! haha!

I've also booked in for our menu tasting next week - really looking forward to that! It's all coming together!

Lorrainep - I've had my form for my new passport sitting in a drawer for months and you just reminded me! I really need to get that sent off! Our honeymoon isn't til a month after the wedding but I don't want to take any chances with this backlog!

We had our food and wine tasting yesterday afternoon. My parents came along as well and my mum and I ended up having another bottle of wine after 9 glasses with food! Maybe not the best idea on a school night! The majority of it was lovely but we weren't impressed with one started so that will be getting changed.

I think we need to get the finger out and get more organised. I want to start the invitations soon incase they take longer than expected. We also need to do the guestlist again as I'm not too sure what the exact numbers are.

In terms of paying things, it's only the string quartet and florist left to be done.

I booked for our photos to be taken in the Botanic Gardens (getting married at Oran Mor). We had to select a time that the park manager then had to agree to and we've to pay 61 to be allowed them! Obviously its not a lot of money but considering its a public park its pissed me off a bit that the Council are also making money from our wedding! Plus, we are only allowed 45 minutes and apparently they are pretty strict about it.

I also need to sort out my passport form. Thanks for the reminder!

Invites are out for my 5/9/14 wedding! Eeeeeeee!
    I got a bit ahead of myself and posted the evening ones too as I had originally planned on sending them out at a later date but hey ho!

Also, unexpectedly picked up bridesmaid dresses at the weekend. Paid the balance and before I knew I was packing them in the car. Alterations are booked for July so the girls can pick their shoes soon! This is waaaaay too real now girl! 11weeks on Friday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenmc View Post
    We had our food and wine tasting yesterday afternoon. My parents came along as well and my mum and I ended up having another bottle of wine after 9 glasses with food! Maybe not the best idea on a school night! The majority of it was lovely but we weren't impressed with one started so that will be getting changed.

I think we need to get the finger out and get more organised. I want to start the invitations soon incase they take longer than expected. We also need to do the guestlist again as I'm not too sure what the exact numbers are.

In terms of paying things, it's only the string quartet and florist left to be done.

I booked for our photos to be taken in the Botanic Gardens (getting married at Oran Mor). We had to select a time that the park manager then had to agree to and we've to pay 61 to be allowed them! Obviously its not a lot of money but considering its a public park its pissed me off a bit that the Council are also making money from our wedding! Plus, we are only allowed 45 minutes and apparently they are pretty strict about it.

I also need to sort out my passport form. Thanks for the reminder!

sorry for for gatecrashing the September thread , I'm an August bride but also getting married at Oran mor. Had our menu tasting the other week too absolutely loved it, drank so much lol. We booked the Botanics too, bit ridiculous for 45 minutes isn't it! They must be making a fortune!!

Quote Originally Posted by EightTimesABridesmaid View Post
    Invites are out for my 5/9/14 wedding! Eeeeeeee!
    I got a bit ahead of myself and posted the evening ones too as I had originally planned on sending them out at a later date but hey ho!

Also, unexpectedly picked up bridesmaid dresses at the weekend. Paid the balance and before I knew I was packing them in the car. Alterations are booked for July so the girls can pick their shoes soon! This is waaaaay too real now girl! 11weeks on Friday!!!!
    Im getting stamps for my day invites tomorrow which are pretty much ready to go, hoping to get them posted by end of the week. It really will feel more real when these go out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrainep View Post
    Im getting stamps for my day invites tomorrow which are pretty much ready to go, hoping to get them posted by end of the week. It really will feel more real when these go out!!
    I'm the same, hoping to get ours out by the end of the week or the beginning of next week! can't believe it's that time already!

We were looking at mini-moons last night, we want to go away for 3/4 days the week after the wedding since we won't get out honeymoon til mid-October. We are currently torn between Barcelona and Palma. I've been to both but not for years and not with H2B and we just can't choose! Anyone want to make the decision for me!!??

C x

Quote Originally Posted by kayls View Post
    sorry for for gatecrashing the September thread , I'm an August bride but also getting married at Oran mor. Had our menu tasting the other week too absolutely loved it, drank so much lol. We booked the Botanics too, bit ridiculous for 45 minutes isn't it! They must be making a fortune!!
    Kayls, we've also been told that the park rangers can be really strict with weddings and that we need to remember to take the permit. Apparently they will ask for it and if its not there they will kick us out!!

Kayls, we've also been told that the park rangers can be really strict with weddings and that we need to remember to take the permit. Apparently they will ask for it and if its not there they will kick us out!!
    I was at a wedding a few years ago in the Hilton across the road from the Botanics and they had to show their permit too. They'd given it to the best man to take care of and he'd gone AWOL so there was a bit of a panic until he was located! I'd definitely make sure you take a copy just in case!

So I went to post office yesterday and bought 20 worth of stamps for invites at lunchtime before heading to a work night out that evening where my bloody wallet got stolen!!! Totally gutted, I not only lost the the stamps but some cash and 75 gift vouchers for john Lewis I had been saving to spend on my hen outfit. Hoping I might be able to claim on my insurance but still waiting for police to call back with an incident number. Such a hassle and looks like I won't get invites out till next week.

For info - I was at the standing order on George Street. Not a pub I would normally go to but it was chosen by a colleague. I did leave my bag with colleagues while I went to toilet but apparently security video didn't show anything suspicious. I'm convinced someone went into it when it was hanging off that back of my chair. So annoyed at myself for letting it happen - live and learn! Not going back there ever again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrainep View Post
    So I went to post office yesterday and bought 20 worth of stamps for invites at lunchtime before heading to a work night out that evening where my bloody wallet got stolen!!! Totally gutted, I not only lost the the stamps but some cash and 75 gift vouchers for john Lewis I had been saving to spend on my hen outfit. Hoping I might be able to claim on my insurance but still waiting for police to call back with an incident number. Such a hassle and looks like I won't get invites out till next week.

For info - I was at the standing order on George Street. Not a pub I would normally go to but it was chosen by a colleague. I did leave my bag with colleagues while I went to toilet but apparently security video didn't show anything suspicious. I'm convinced someone went into it when it was hanging off that back of my chair. So annoyed at myself for letting it happen - live and learn! Not going back there ever again!!
    Aw Lorrainep! The buggers! I'm gutted for you. Hope you get something back at least. What a rotten thing to happen. S x

Lorrainep that's terrible!! Hope you're able to claim it back!

I had yesterday off work and went shopping with my mum for her MOB outfit. Was a long day and we ended up back in the first shop we went to and she bought the second dress she'd tried on hours before!!! She looks fab! Going with MIL2B in a couple on weeks too so looking forward to that now!

Not doing much else weddingy this weekend. Got some bus quotes back so we need to have a proper look at them and get one booked. Then just looking forward to our menu tasting on Wednesday!!!

C x

Hi everyone. I'm a September bride too, September 26th. I was on a mission today and have paid off the photographer, videographer, band, cake, and rings, it felt good!

My veil arrived this week so I got to try it on with my dress, I totally love it!

We're doing our own invitations so whilst my fiance is away this weekend I'm gonna practice doing them.

I've been getting lot's of ideas on here for presents for my bridesmaids so I think I might make a wee start on organising that.
    Hi everyone!

Jenmc we are date twins!

its all starting to happen now with meetings with humanist and venue, dress fittings, day invites being sent.

it will be here before we know it ladies! xxx

It definitely feels like it's coming in fast! Today I paid deposit for videographer. Bit of a last min decision but got a good deal so hopefully now I don't have any regrets later. Also posted majority of the day invites!! So strange doing that but the rest will go out later this week. Also went to paperchase today and got a lovely photo album in the sale along with a great quality plain book for the photo booth guest book. Plan to personalise it with some embossing stuffi bought, just need to find a nice pen for people to write messages next to the photos. I've got next week off work so plan to get a lot more wedding stuff ticked off then!

Update on my stolen wallet - it was reported to police so I've now put in a claim with my insurance. As it was a coach wallet, I'm hoping I'll still get something back after the 100 excess. My new debit card arrived which was the main thing. Other cards are starting to trickle in the post. My lovely mum also gave me her coach wallet which she's barely used as a replacement so hoping to get back to normal soon!!

Lorrainep, hope you get something back and that was lovely of your mum to give you her wallet!

We're off for our menu tasting after work today - very excited about that! And picking out invites up from the printers tomorrow at lunch so planning to send them out at the weekend. We were planning on second class stamps to save money...does that seem a bit mean to send invites second class? Stamps are just soooooo expensive!!

Oh My! Oh My! I unexpectedly got my dress home yesterday!!!!
    Thought I was just going in for a wee try on before my first fitting in a couple of weeks, but paid my balance and it's stored safely away at my parents house. I brought my shoes, veil and head-dress to to try on with it and they're all perfect. It was great to have MY dress on and although I was a bit emotional it was an amazing feeling! Can't wait to shed a few more pounds and have my first fitting at the end of the month. Eeeeeeeeee, it's so close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EightTimesABridesmaid View Post
    Oh My! Oh My! I unexpectedly got my dress home yesterday!!!!
    Thought I was just going in for a wee try on before my first fitting in a couple of weeks, but paid my balance and it's stored safely away at my parents house. I brought my shoes, veil and head-dress to to try on with it and they're all perfect. It was great to have MY dress on and although I was a bit emotional it was an amazing feeling! Can't wait to shed a few more pounds and have my first fitting at the end of the month. Eeeeeeeeee, it's so close!!!
    Oh that's exciting! I'd be going round there to try it on every day!! I have my BM dresses in my spare room and I'm even tempted to try one of those on haha!

All our day time invites went out this week and we've already had a few nice texts about them so that's exciting! Can't wait to start getting RSVPs back!

My mum got her outfit all sorted, apart from shoes and bag which we'll sort in a couple of weeks...and tomorrow I'm going shopping with MIL2B to get her sorted which I'm really looking forward to...hopefully I can shift this cold though as I'm feeling miserable!

We also got our flower quote back and it's quite high so we'll need to have a look at that this weekend and see where we can cut back slightly. We're using someone we know and she uses all ethically sourced, local flowers so it does work out a bit more expensive...need to keep that in mind! And her work is gorgeous too, just seems like such a lot to spend on flowers!

How is everyone??

C x

We put out our invites this week too claraboo it's exciting each day coming home to lots of lovely rsvp's. I've been well impressed at how quick most folk have been to get back to us. We also handed in our m10 forms on Thursday - i think thats when it finally sunk in for both of us that we are actually getting married (it's only been 10 years lol) starting to compile rough table plans which, so far have been relatively stress free ( I've probably just jinxed it!!)
    We are both Off on leave next week from work so hoping to get a few wedding related jobs done while we are off x

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-H-to be View Post
    We put out our invites this week too claraboo it's exciting each day coming home to lots of lovely rsvp's. I've been well impressed at how quick most folk have been to get back to us. We also handed in our m10 forms on Thursday - i think thats when it finally sunk in for both of us that we are actually getting married (it's only been 10 years lol) starting to compile rough table plans which, so far have been relatively stress free ( I've probably just jinxed it!!)
    We are both Off on leave next week from work so hoping to get a few wedding related jobs done while we are off x
    We've only had one RSVP so far...but we put our invites out in batches and the last and the bulk I them only went out yesterday so hopefully next week!

Oh I'd totally forgot about the legal part haha! How Farsi in advance do you have to so that?? Did you have to make an appointment or did you just drop them in?

C x