Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: September Brides

Good luck for your hair trial mrsfanning2b but most importantly enjoy it!! I think the fact you feel confident in her ability will make the experience far more enjoyable.
    I've got my bridesmaids coming over today going to have a spot of lunch, some wine and a good catch up. Enjoy you day xx

Good luck mrsfanning2b, fingers crossed this one will be much better!

I'm very excited today as we're off on a wee road trip to kilmarnock shortly to pick up my headdress and jewellery from Corrine Smith! I had the headdress customised so this will be the first time I've actually seen it. Even h2b is excited!

Eek!!!!!

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Flowergirl dresses bought...at long last!!!

My big sister's were being sensible mummy's and made me leave for as long as possible. Went for 3 very cute ivory organza dresses by ladybird from Very. Sizes were all very small made but all 3 looked very cute. I ordered 7 in total so can't wait for the refund!
    I'm just glad I'm not responsible for getting a 6, 4 and a 2 year old get dressed! Mummy's can have that pleasure. So glad I didn't have to pay silly money for little ones dresses. If I just had the one Flowergirl I'd prob have paid more but not for 3 dresses.

How's all your flower girl plans going? Are you having any at all?

Hi EightTimesABridesmaid.

I'm having my 3 wee cousins as flower girls. When the wedding comes around they will be 2,4 and 6. I've seen some nice dresses in Debenhams so I'm just planning on waiting till the Summer sales then getting them there. I've seen others in the sales in the past but wanted to hold off in case any of them had a wee growth spurt.

They will be getting ready at their own house then coming over to my parents for us to travel to the venue. My mums house is likely to be pretty chaotic with myself, 4 bridesmaids and my mum getting ready and my poor dad trying to keep out the way and figure out how to put his kilt on! having the wee ones there would be too much!!

Oh my jenmc!!!!
    Are we having the same wedding? Ha ha! Asides from the number of bridesmaids (I've got 3) we're the very same. Mad house in the morning, poor dad and all us girls. Hee hee! The wee ones mums will dress them at their own houses. And my brother-in-law has very kindly offered to have all their car seats in his fancy car so they don't miss out on the experience and I didn't have to fork out for another wedding car that wouldn't have car seats fitted for the kids.
    Its a tricky one when it comes to sizes, I ended up with aged 7-8 for the 6year old, 5-6 for the 4year old and 2-3 for the wee one who'll be just turned 2 the week before. It's madness to wear an expensive dress on them...what are you doing for a wee headdress/Alice band for the flower girls?

I was gonna put the 2 eldest ones in the car with my mum and bridesmaids and the youngest could go with her parents but I hadn't even thought about seats for them! Its a daimler that seats 7 and the front seats fold up. Do you think I'd need car seats for them? I might just send all 3 of them with their mum!
    I think I'll just get them a wee alice band or slides from either Debenhams or Monsoon. They all have pretty wild curly hair so whatever we can do to tame it I'll be happy!

I've got a Chrysler for my mum and 3 bridesmaids so only 4seats in the back, I would've had to get another car or two trips. Ours is only a short journey and I'm sure the 6year old would've been fine without a booster seat but the wee ones I think should, even on short trips. Up to the mummies though I'd say!
    Im afraid it's the bride with the wild hair at this wedding! Ha! The girls all have lovely cute hair!

We're not having any children at our wedding so no flower girls but I agree about the cost of the dresses, it's crazy! My best friend got gorgeous FG dresses for her wedding from BHS and they were nicer than some of the more expensive ones we looked at!

We've had a fairly productive wedding week, we finally got started on our invite designs and I love them! H2B still wants to make some final tweaks (perfectionist graphic designer!!) and then we can get on to creating the RSVPs and info sheets! I've also emailed the wedding coordinator at our venue today about arranging our menu tasting for June...and also been chatting to our cake lady about flavours and she's come up with some fab ideas so I'm v excited about that!

Looking forward to the bank holiday weekend and it's my birthday on Saturday so mucho celebrating will be done!

Any updates from the rest of the September brides?

C x

Have a happy birthday clarabo! It's been a slow week for wedding stuff between illness and work but we did go to our menu tasting last week which went well. I still had a terrible cold which was a shame but we've managed to decide on each course. Always difficult deciding on something tasty but not too adventurous to keep everyone happy. We're meeting our wedding coordinator a week on Monday so I reckon it will all feel more real after that! Also managed to arrange hair and make up trials finally.

We're setting off to Cheshire tomorrow for a friends wedding. She's having the reception at her farmhouse so I predict it's going to be gorgeous. They're even having a hog roast on Sunday morning - well impressed! It will be nice to spend quality time with H2B cos he's been soo busy studying. Every night stuck at his PC poor thing. Hope he lets his hair down this weekend.

Hoping to get on top of some cake decorating practice on the bank holiday Monday and maybe even finish off my invites.

What about everyone else?

I'm off to a wedding down south too lorrainep! It's the last one before our wedding so super excited! I've been pretty quiet on the wedding front this week - in fact I haven't done anything at all! I've got all my favours in and my personalised ribbon arrived so going to make a start on these next week. Have a fab weekend girlies xxx happy birthday too, claraboo

Super Senior Member

I got my flower girl dress from monsoon. It was 50 down to 24. it's Cadbury purple and sequins all over. Very cute. Eva loves it. She will be 3 and a half. I didn't want traditional ivory dress for flower girl. Wanted a bit of colour. it will go lovely with my emerald green bridesmaid dresses. That's what colour my invites are as well. Bit different.

I posted my invites out- I had them all made and they were just getting in the way. Stamps were 32. ouch! After me hand delivering a lot of them as well!!!! So I'm glad that's out of way. I have my evening invites done too but they can wait until July I think.

My cousin who I had asked to do my reading has informed me she cannot come due to being a school teacher and the Monday after my wedding is her first day of term. so now trying to re think who can do my reading. She is an English teacher so would have been confident reading in front of people. Back to the drawing board.

Hope everyone is good. No weekend for me as I'm night shift all weekend.

X

Well my hair trial was fab last Saturday! I've got one more the week after next but I think I've found the right one at last! On another note - dress disaster. I bought my dress in the sample sales in January and all was fine. Tried it on last week and I may have put a bit of weight on since then, I'd guess maybe 10 lbs :-(

Since January ive also been off work sick quite a bit with migraines. I've had over 30 since then whereas before Xmas I'd get 6 or 7 a year, so cue lots of comfort eating and it's not good! So I'm on super-diet! And it's dull. But necessary - any diet tips? Or recommendations for jaw wiring? Lol!

This weekend hh2b and the boys are going for their kilt fitting so that's 5% of their time in Slanj and the other 95% in the nearest watering hole. I'll also start gathering all the postal addresses for posting the invites at the beginning of June. I'll also start doing some crafty decoration stuff. My 5-yr old daughter and I are likely to spend tomorrow afternoon up to our elbows in glitter and crepe paper while daddy's out with the boys.

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

Super Senior Member

If u want some inspiration diet wise I am doing one myself and a lot of exercise. So can easily offer support or advice. Kinda hard on hear with everyone to see so my email is ruth_alex23@hotmail.com and I can give u my number. always helps having someone telling u NO or u'll be fine once u get there. If u in Glasgow come to classes with me. We'll soon shift ur 10lbs. If u can't help fellow bride to be's who can u help eh?! Lol

Paid our honeymoon yesterday and made a start on our "Honeyfund" website! That's the big payments all slowly starting! Eeee!

When and where are you all going on honeymoon?
    We're leaving on the Sunday after our Friday wedding for New York (4 nights) and Mexico (9 nights).

Super Senior Member

Nice. that'll be brilliant.

Due to work commitments we can only go away for 5 nights so h2b booked all as a surprise for me and he hasn't long told me. 5 nights in Budapest 5* spa hotel. We are going on a 2 week honeymoon next year - not booked yet lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely weekend, lots of eating, drinking and hangovers!

How were the weddings Lorraine and Mrs H to be?? Any good ideas we can steal! haha!

EightTimesABridesmaid, so jealous your going to NYC...we were there in October for H2B's 30th and had the BEST time. It's my fav place in the world!!! We've booked Dubai and The Maldives for our honeymoon, we don't go til the month after the wedding...dragging it out as long as possible!

We spent our bank holiday finishing off our invites, rsvps and info sheets...they are looking fab! H2B is going to speak to the printer and get some prices and samples this week. We also got a call to say the suits are in! My brother lives up North but was down for the weekend so he quickly went into the shop and got his pinned before he had to head home. This weekend H2B will go in and get his tailored and then we'll arrange a time for the other 2 boys to get theirs done. And that'll be the boys all sorted!

C xx

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    How were the weddings Lorraine and Mrs H to be?? Any good ideas we can steal! haha!
    The wedding was absolutely gorgeous!! I might stick a photo up as I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind. They basically put up a marquee on their land and dressed it all themselves including flower arrangements and everything. You wont get a sense of the scale of work till you see the photo. Basically they did what would take others weeks to do in just one! They had trees and fairy lights along with hanging cardboard doves and birdsong playing in the background to recreate the grooms proposal on a walk in the woods. They even made this amazing photo booth which was a half moon to sit on including evening backdrop. I got a couple of lovely photos of us both in addition to the professional one the photographer took.

We were treated to champagne and canapes on arrival and a jazz band played under a gazeebo while a second band played in the evening and both were amazing. Must find out their names - the bride tells me she hunted high and low for the evening band. The other they found at a cider festival! They did a few numbers with their own twist which went down so well. The meal was also lovely and with a free bar I got a bit too drunk!! Later in the evening they had a couple fire pits to sit around outside. They even thought of the loos and had posh portaloos. I've not been to an outdoorsy type wedding before so was all new to me and it was incredibly impressive. The only thing to dampen it a bit was the weather as it was raining heavily during and after the ceremony/early part of the reception. The couple had to do most photos in the church and the confetti shot was done under an army of brollies. It also made it a bit chilly at times at reception, perhaps as we were say near the entrance, otherwise they did have blow heaters dotted around.

The next day we returned to the hog roast, more cake, drink (if we wanted it) and strawberries etc. It was also really nice to get more time to talk to the bride before we left. I think the amount of effort they put into dressing the venue, I don't blame them from wanting to use it a second day.

Biggest tips were the 1. the moon photo booth 2. the buttonholes they offered in addition to order of service at the church and 3. the decorative ideas to dress the venue - all were a bit different to anything I've seen. The couple are creative types (bride is previous flatmate from our time as art students) and they own their own print/stationary/soft furnishing company (Chase and Wonder). Because of that I knew they would do something really cool.

My wedding is next and I know it will be different but have a lot to live up to last weekend! Thankfully only a handful will be at both lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Lorrainep; 27-05-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been quiet. You all sound like you've been very busy and your honeymoons all sound amazing! Totally envious

How are you all feeling? Nearly at the three month mark for me and a few other September brides. I'm excited but feleing like it's ages away and will never get here Sending my invitations out to England folk at the end of next week so hopefully will see some RSVPs rolling in via our website which might keep me going

Still no shirt & tie for H2B but generally I think big stuff is done! Looking forward to my hen night in Scotland in July, then another in England in August
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	11709
    Evening photo which looked stunning with the fairy lights

Wow that looks absolutely stunning Lorraine p, and sounds like such a fantastic wedding. Our wedding was really good too, it was an Asian wedding, first one we've been too so it was a really different experience. The whole thing lasted for days so it was definitely an endurance test! Sundays "main event" had over 400 people at it, I've never seen Anything like it- it was amazing . There is one more ceremony to go which is hosted by the grooms family with 1000 people next Saturday!!! we can't make it unfortunately as I'm off on my hen do gawd wouldn't like to be creating a table plan for that!!!! Just got home tonight so it will be a case of getting myself ready now for hen do on fri , wedding planning will need to take a back seat until next week!!!

Only 1000 guests? I that it??? All these weddings sound lovely! Glass you both had fun.
    Honeymoons all sound lovely too...a time to relax and let go is the most important thing I'm thinking. It's nice to have something to cushion the fall after all the hard work and excitement of the day.

Anyway...all the 5/9/14 girls....it's 100 days today!!! Eeeeeeeee!!!

Wow, Lorraine...that looks and sounds like an amazing wedding!!!

EightTimesABridesmaid - 100 days!! Exciting! Tomorrow you'll be down to double figures!

I'm just back from having lunch with my florist so I've got a head full of flowers! haha! I took loads of pics and she brought pics of stuff she's done so she's now gone off to come up with some ideas based on my colours and what flowers I like. I'm pretty clueless about flowers so I'm glad she's just taking what I like and coming up with her own ideas! Unfortunately she's going on hols at the weekend for 2 weeks so I'll have to wait til after that to chat to her about it again!

C x

Hi ladies! It's now 100 days to go for me, clarabo and any other 7/9 girls We're getting there!

Those weddings sound amazing, I have none to go to before mine so am a bit gutted as I am incredibly wedding-nosey about other people's weddings now

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaeri View Post
    Hi ladies! It's now 100 days to go for me, clarabo and any other 7/9 girls We're getting there!

Those weddings sound amazing, I have none to go to before mine so am a bit gutted as I am incredibly wedding-nosey about other people's weddings now
    Oh my god, I hadn't even realised!!! Where is the time going!

I have no weddings before mine either but I'm kind of glad, I've got everything sorted now and I just know I'd see what other people do and start second guessing my decisions! This way I know the wedding is everything I wanted with no pressure (from myself!) to 'keep up'...if that makes sense?

Got my makeup trial tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to that! Just me and two BMs as the other one lives down south and my mum is on hols. Fingers crossed it's good!

C xx

Clarabo - I think you're right actually, I hadn't thought of it like that! Now you mention it I think if I was at other weddings before mine I would be second guessing myself and worrying if we should have the same stuff. Just remembered I do actually have one evening reception to go to in July but it's quite low key and small so hopefully I can relax instead of being in Mega Wedding Alert Mode.

Good luck with your make up trial tomorrow! Who are you using for hair/makeup if you don't mind me asking? Really hope it goes well! Soo exciting