Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: September Brides

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrainep View Post
    I'm going with a woman who runs the company PerfectlyBridal.co.uk. I've used her other company, Candlewick Crafts for non-wedding related stuff such as personalised Christmas decorations and they were lovely. She has pages on Facebook as well if you want to see more examples and reviews.
    Thanks! Off to check out her FB now!

C x

Soo excited we bought our rings at the weekend think h2b has finally been bitten by the wedding bug now!! Don't think he's stopped looking at his new ring since we bought it!! Lol , I'm just jealous as I've got to wait for mine to come Into shop. One more big thing ticked off the list. Happy happy xx

What a great thread! I'm a 20th September bride so no date twin yet! I still need to get my cake sorted and a lot of the small details like picking music and gift bags for bridesmaids etc. went to see coaches today as we got a great price from whitestar coaches so just wanted to make sure it wasn't an old school bus! They were really nice so was good to get that ticked off. Trying to decide how to decorate vases etc for the table. Got some lovely lace from country baskets to wrap round but we're having tall vases and the flowers will sit on a dish on top so trying to decide what to put inside the vases. Thinking maybe petals and fairy lights. Thought we had ages to go but taking ages to make all these wee small choices! X

Super Senior Member

I can third perfectly bridal. ordered a couple of things from her. website is good and easy to use-PayPal.

Ruth and Nefaeri - 4 months exactly!!! eeek!!!

H2B and I have just gone down to Reiss in our lunch break and picked out his suit and the suits for the best man and ushers. He wanted really well tailored suits rather than kilts etc and reiss are having a discount event tomorrow so the boys are all meeting up to go and buy them tomorrow...I just had to go and ok the ties/pocketsquare colours..not that I'm a control freak haha! So excited, that'll be another thing ticked off.

Also this morning I spoke to my florist about arranging a meeting so we're doing that early next week. I am clueless about flowers, what are you all having? I don't even know what is in season! Our colour scheme is shades of pink, ivory and champagne. I really love peonies so I'm thinking along those lines!

Clarabo I've just recently had my florist meeting. I used pinterest, instagram & good old google to find what I wanted. Your florist will have books to look through aswell which is good.

Great news about the suits, especially if you will save a bit of money too!

4 months to go. It is creeping up on us all! Super excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGG2be View Post
    Clarabo I've just recently had my florist meeting. I used pinterest, instagram & good old google to find what I wanted. Your florist will have books to look through aswell which is good.

Great news about the suits, especially if you will save a bit of money too!

4 months to go. It is creeping up on us all! Super excited!!!
    Thanks! I've been pinning like mad recently but all of the pics I like seem to be peonies...and I can't have them for a September wedding! Gutted! I'm sure my florist will have alternatives...I hope!

I know, time is flying now! It'll be here before we know it!

Having a quiet weekend this week as I'm doing the woman's 10k on sunday so may spend saturday finalising my guest list so we can start on the invites. I have a feeling this might be where some drama starts!

C x

Less than 4 months now So exciting. I also ordered an embroidered personalised hankie for my Mum from Candlewick Crafts, would recommend also. Must be a September Bride thing

Shame your peonies aren't in season Clarabo! I am avoiding this issue by having fake flowers, I'm getting mine from Silk Blooms. I'm glad to not have to worry about exact delivery times, keeping them from wilting etc, and I can keep them eaisly afterwards. Also one of my bridesmaids has bad allergies so it will be nice for her to not be sneezing :P

We have our rings, and H2B picked up his suit from Moss last weekend. They are busy making his waistcoat to measure (he's really tall) and he has his shoes, he just needs a shirt and tie which is proving really difficult! A dark red shirt and a black tie with red detail on it seems to be an insanely difficult thing to find!

Good luck with your 10k Clarabo, let us know how you get on Don't worry about flowers, the florist will be able to look at your pictures and suggest some options.

I really can't wait now! I don't know what to do with myself as I *think* I've done everything I can for now. Any suggestions on keeping calm? xx
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Oooooh peonies are lovely! I'm also using Silk Blooms, fab service and I was bridesmaid last year and the finished product was amazing!!! I gave my bouquet to my mum and she put water in the vase thinking they were real!!! Hee hee!
    Got my invitations the other night, so pleased and also was getting myself a bit emotional (more than normal). It's all very real now and it obviously is just hitting me...poor groom said I was crabbit! Bless! I'll try and keep my emotions in check the nearer it gets.

Silk Blooms is about two mins away from my house! Their stuff is fab! I spoke to my florist on Friday and she sent me some pics of different varieties of roses that look v similar to peonies so I'm happy again!

We got all the suits sorted on Thursday, just to get them altered slightly, hems etc but will do that nearer the time. Also got my guest list finalised so we're going to start designing our invites next week. Because h2b is designing them we're going to print everyone's names rather than writing them on after so we had to have that decided and it was a nightmare trying to get the parents to give us their lists!!

Dreading the 10k tomorrow as heavy rain is forecast, I'm very much a fair weather runner! Haha! Been preparing for it tonight by eating a Chinese takeaway and watching Eurovision!

How's everyone else's weekend going?

Nefaeri I have no tips on keeping calm. I'm terrible just now, keep having wedding nightmares and haven't slept properly for weeks. And it's only going to get worse. My makeup artist will have her work cut out with my dark circles!!

Cx

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Good luck with 10k today clarabo!!! That's my kind of preparation...minus the running on my part! Hee hee! My mum and sister are doing it too. It looks lovely at the moment so hope it stays dry for you. Enjoy and well done!

Thanks ladies! The 10k was great, fab atmosphere and I managed to knock 2mins off my PB by finishing in 55mins!!! Obviously a takeaway is the best form of preparation! haha!

How was everyone's weekends? We didn't get anything weddingy done really apart from ordering a couple of frames I plan to put on the fireplace in our venue with both our parents wedding pics.

C x

Im a September bride too! but not til next September. I've loved reading about all of your planning though!

So far ive got the venue, photographer, videograher, florist, BM dresses and the page boy outfits. Still ages left to go though!xx

You are super organised B-lou! That's all the major things off the list so you can take your time with the details now!

Can't believe we're at the middle of may already...this month has flown in!

Well done on the 10k clarabo! I've always hated running so in awe of those who can do it.

I managed to get a few bits and pieces done over the last week but have come down with a crappy cold since Sunday and it's zapped all my energy. Just managing to drag myself into work but really should just stay home. I did get a couple of deliveries which I got very excited about. First my clothes hangers and personalised hankie came from Perfectly Bridal which I love and then some shoes arrived from Schuh today. Thinking they could be the ones! My cake boxes arrived as well but didn't realise just how small they would be. Not sure if they'll work so back to the drawing board perhaps!
    Will try and upload some photos

I want to get some frames for family photos as well so that might be next on my list!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	11645
    Hankie for my mum, hope she likes it!

Shoes! Anyone else got these? Love the bit of sparkle which you can't really see in the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Love your hankie x

So it's 4 months today til my big day - yours too Mrs H to be! And I'm wondering when everyone's sending out their invites? I think I've been overly cautious with mine.

I've got an RSVP date of July 28th which is 6 weeks before the wedding, to account for late replies I think that's not too early or am I way off? I was thinking of sending them at the beginning of June to give 8 weeks to reply. Does this sound ok?

I think that sounds fine! Our wedding is 7th September and we're going to send our invites in early - mid June (depending on when we get round to designing them!). That has just reminded me I have no idea when we need to give final numbers to our venue so I better go and check that!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfanning2b View Post
    So it's 4 months today til my big day - yours too Mrs H to be! And I'm wondering when everyone's sending out their invites? I think I've been overly cautious with mine.

I've got an RSVP date of July 28th which is 6 weeks before the wedding, to account for late replies I think that's not too early or am I way off? I was thinking of sending them at the beginning of June to give 8 weeks to reply. Does this sound ok?
    Aww I'm gutted I didn't realised it was 4 months yesterday, will have to have a wee celebratory glass of vino to make up for it! Lol . I'm planning on putting mine out at the start if June too however I haven't included an RSVP date opps!!! It's mostly family and close friends we are inviting, whom we see on a weekly basis at least so ample opportunity to be chasing them up ( I hope!)

Aw, LorraineP! I have the exact same hankie for my mum from Candlewick Crafts, but the thread on mine is red Aren;t they lovely? Your shoes look great too

I'm planning to send my invitations out in two lots; England people will get theirs sent on 7th June, and Scotland people will get theirs sent out on 7th July. My RSVP date is 1st August. Sound ok?

Other than my H2B trying to find a shirt & tie, I think I'm done with doing weddingy stuff for a while. Don't know if that's good or bad! Haven't got my underwear yet but waiting til I get my dress from America and try it on (in July) before I go and get some.

I *think* everything else is done for now! What will I do with myself for 4 months :P
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Hi everyone. I'm a September bride too, September 26th. I was on a mission today and have paid off the photographer, videographer, band, cake, and rings, it felt good!

My veil arrived this week so I got to try it on with my dress, I totally love it!

We're doing our own invitations so whilst my fiance is away this weekend I'm gonna practice doing them.

I've been getting lot's of ideas on here for presents for my bridesmaids so I think I might make a wee start on organising that.

Super Senior Member

Welcome Jenmac I have made all my own day & evening invites and given out some of the day ones to people I see regularly. I am going to post the rest 1st June. RSVP is 1st August.

Will send evening invites out 1st July.

My mum is visiting me this weekend so we are mother of the bride shopping. I also still have to get my underwear but will wait until end of July for final dress fitting as still losing weight.

Have a nice weekend x

Thanks ladies, sounds like I'm ok with the invites dates.

Today I've got my 2nd hair trial - eek! If you've seen one if my other threads you'll know my first one wasn't great so im approaching today nervously. On the positive side the hairdresser I'm off to did my hair when I was a bridesmaid for my best friend a couple of years ago so I know that she's lovely and more importantly, capable. I don't have a regular hairdresser myself - I'd rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser! Ive got naturally curly hair that's quite 'temperamental' - sometimes it doesnt want to be curly, other times its too curly - so I've never in all my thirty*cough* years found a hairdresser to cut it that knew curly hair. Cue a lifetime of cr@p haircuts and a hairdresser dilemma for the wedding lol! Fingers crossed for today though :-)