Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: September Brides

Super Senior Member

I am 7th sept too.

i only have have veil & tiara to get and I will have done almost everything. Lol

just need to make list of photos for photographer and decide on first dance. I have made all my day & evening invites but just need to post them. Also my order of service. Dress getting altered in July. Other than that I'm sorted.

everyone else sounds organised too

not long now people. X

Woooo Ruth and Nefaeri, we're now date triplets! haha!

Ruth you sound very organised!! I finally sent my hen night list off to my BMs last night so hopefully they can get started with organising that now. We've got a meeting with the new co-ordinator at our venue tomorrow night so I might have some more things to do after that!

I get paid on Wednesday so I think I'm going to buy some things for the 'on the day' bags for the BMs then...don't want that coming out of the wedding budget really so I'll get those myself!

Got my favours delivered on saturday and they are fab. We decided to go down the charity route as we have family members who have been treated at Marie Curie and my mum volunteers there. We got these lovely pin badges http://shop.mariecurie.org.uk/produc...ack-of-50.aspx

Another thing ticked off the list!

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Hey September Brides, how's the planning?
    I've just paid my next payment of the wedding cars. Due 4 months before and I've just been paid. And so it begins!!! Hee hee! Can't believe its almost 4 months. I'm currently trying to source a veil of a reasonable price...one option is possibly one for sale from a very lovely bride on here actually! I'm still undecided as it's not like the original I had in mind. Where are you all getting yours from???

I'm not going down the full veil route, I never really wanted one. I did buy a lovely birdcage veil from a bride on here and might look to incorporate it into my bespoke headpiece which I'll get to see at some point in May. I'll try and post a photo once it's finished.

Tonight I decided to look into buying wedding cake boxes as I think I'll have leftovers from the dessert table. Thinking I could customise each with stickers. Anyone else doing something similar or not bothering with them?

Oh I never thought of that Lorrainep, my sister is making my cake so I'll ask her what the norm is. Will it not be delivered to your venue in a box so you could use that? Is it assembled before hand? Oh no!!! I've got a cake panic on now...hee hee!

I'm making my own cake so my situation is a bit different. I was thinking more about individual boxes for guests to take a slice home. That or another treat from the dessert table if there's stuff leftover. Will chat to events manager at hotel I think.

That's a really good idea actually. We're having cupcakes and a two tier cutting cake so there may well be loads left over. Think I'll look into getting some boxes. This will be my new obsession to find some to fit with our colours! haha!

I'm definitely not the person to ask about reasonably priced veils. I tried one on with my dress, fell in love with it and bought it before asking the price...250!!! It's stunning though and the lace edging matches my dress perfectly.

Had a great meeting with the new wedding co-ordinator at our venue this week so I'm feeling really excited! He took us through the whole day and it just seems so real now! Also block booked our hotels rooms so I can now get on with wording for the invites!

OH is taking me away for the holiday weekend as an early birthday pressie so I won't get anything weddingy done. Might be nice to get away and not think about it for a few days!

C x

You ladies are full of good ideas I'm in a bit of a lull. My OH has been busy organising his stag do and sorting out his suit, and I'm not sure that there's anything for me to do at the moment other than writing the invitation envelopes ready to go out in June/July. Don't know what to do with myself at the moment, think it's that in-betweeny stage!
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Super Senior Member

I bought my veil & tiara yesterday. Both from reetas in Glasgow and they had hundreds of tiaras. Tiara was 90 and veil was 135. Veil is finger tip length with crystals and two tier. Really have with both. Bling but not over board. Will look great with my dress. Saw a beautiful baby blue tennis bracelet in Swarovski today but didn't buy it as it was 79. Thought it could be my 'something blue'. Going to look for my double hoop underskirt now. Not sure where to begin on that one. good idea with cake boxes. And nice u getting a weekend away. I am looking forward to my hen in June over my bday. H2b stag is end of May and I am going to visit a friend that weekend. So that's something to look forward to now too. X

Oooh love the sound of the blue tennis bracelet! Gorgeous! I already have my jewellery or I could have been tempted to nick that idea! haha!

Did a bit of wedding shopping last night and ordered some diamante transfers to make the BMs and my mum some dressing gowns for the morning of the wedding. Also ordered some bunting and decoration for my mums house just so the photos of us getting ready look a bit more interesting! So I'll be looking forward to all those deliveries next week!

Really looking forward to our weekend away, we're just going to Edinburgh but staying at The George which we love and going for some nice dinners/lunches/cocktails. Can't wait!

Does anyone have any weddingy plans for this weekend?

We are planning I going ring shopping tomorrow - super excited just paid our hair and make up deposit this morning and sent email confirming our music choices. Slowly but surely trying to work through my list of wedding related tasks!!!
    your weekend sounds lovely claraboo hope you have fab time x

oooh ring shopping! Exciting!! Do you know what you want?

I've also just booked my makeup trial for the end of the month, really looking forward to that! I need to do music choices as well, my list seems to be growing all the time...and I was thinking I was in a planning lull!!! Think I may use the time on the train to Edinburgh to compile a list of things we've still to do...OH will be delighted I'm sure! haha!

C x

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    oooh ring shopping! Exciting!! Do you know what you want?

I've also just booked my makeup trial for the end of the month, really looking forward to that! I need to do music choices as well, my list seems to be growing all the time...and I was thinking I was in a planning lull!!! Think I may use the time on the train to Edinburgh to compile a list of things we've still to do...OH will be delighted I'm sure! haha!

C x
    This just reminded me of the horrible wedding nightmare I had this morning before I woke up. Dreamed that my MOA couldn't come on the morning of the wedding and couldn't find anyone else!! Thank goodness it was just a dream!

Enjoy Edinburgh, hope the weather holds for you. I'm actually going to Glasgow overnight for a friend's birthday and then back for my Mum's birthday on Sunday (H2B's birthday is next week - soo busy!) - I doubt much wedding stuff will be done till Monday at the earliest.

Enjoy ring shopping!!

Thanks girls think I'm going for something very simple and plain. My e ring is a solitaire so just want to keep the simplicity. That's the idea however after trying on I may be tempted with more sparkles!!

Super Senior Member

I am going for something plain also for my wedding band. My engagement ring is a very unusual shape so I have got a plain white gold flat band cut out to the shape of my engagement ring. Like mrs h to be my engagement ring speaks for itself so don't think I need diamonds in the band. However I know as people get older they stop wearing their engagement ring aka my mum but I really hope that never happens to me.

hope everyone has a nice weekend - I am night shifts from tonight to Monday morning. boo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

I originally wanted a plain wedding band too but when I tried them on they just didn't look right with my ring (princess cut with diamond band) so I ended up with a half eternity and it looks perfect! That reminds me, our rings were due in 'early May' so hopefully we'll get a call about that soon!!!

Thanks Lorraine, hope the weather holds through here for you too! Saying that, we'll probably spend most of our time in various pubs so not too fussed if it rains lol x

I originally wanted a plain wedding band too but when I tried them on they just didn't look right with my ring (princess cut with diamond band) so I ended up with a half eternity and it looks perfect! That reminds me, our rings were due in 'early May' so hopefully we'll get a call about that soon!!!

Thanks Lorraine, hope the weather holds through here for you too! Saying that, we'll probably spend most of our time in various pubs so not too fussed if it rains lol x
    A friend on my Facebook is at the Lucky Liquor Company on Queen Street tonight - cocktails look amazing so recommend trying. If you do go let me know cos I'm dying to go now! Enjoy

I'm so loving this thread!!!
    Tennis bracelet sounds beautiful.

Well...I received two samples of veil tulle (ivory/cream and pale ivory) through the post today from wedding veils direct, my dress is ivory. They look exactly the same...what an eye for detail!?! Eh? Ha ha! The quality seems good though...and it would be nice not to pay the 250 for my original veil.

How do you know if a veil has a blusher? Is that a two tier veil? Or is it two tier PLUS the blusher? Haven't a clue.

Hello! i am another September bride, although not until end of September. You all sound very organised too, i cannot believe how quickly it is coming around.

on the subject of veils, i am interested in birdcage style vale as oppose to traditional. has anyone an idea of where i should look?

also any recommendations for where to buy side hair piece? thanks for your help x

Super Senior Member

No clue on birdcage veil sorry. Side comb u will get anywhere that sells tiaras. I went to reeta's they had loads. Also west end wedding boutique on dumbarton road have loads. I hear the wedding veil directory online is good but I got mine in reeta's also. anyways I'm probably no help but thought I'd say hello. x

For birdcage veils Etsy is top notch for variety. That's where I was going to get mine until I was persuaded against it - for which I'm now kicking myself for, che sera sera. If you're in Glasgow, Melle Cloche on Great Western Road have had some that you can maybe try. I just found them a bit pricey
    Ebay too, some very very good bargains for birdcage veils. Also Honeypie Boutique online too.

Hi all

How was everyone's weekends? Any exciting wedding planning done??

We had a fab time in Edinburgh...Lorraine, thanks for recommending Lucky Liquor Co...the cocktails were fab - so unusual!

Pam, I'd also recommend Melle Cloche in the West End..fab wee shop. Try one some styles and see what suits then check places like Etsy or www.vintagestyler.co.uk/birdcage-veils

Side tiaras you can get just about anywhere. I got mine made by Corrine Smith and I pick it up next week - so excited! Glitzy Secrets also have some lovely ones!

Didn't get much wedding stuff done at the weekend since we were away but on the train through to Edinburgh we made a to-do list of all the wee bitty things...it's two pages long!! When we got back last night I ordered a few things like personalised hankies for the mums. Need to start getting small things ticked off that list!!!

C x

Hi all

How was everyone's weekends? Any exciting wedding planning done??

We had a fab time in Edinburgh...Lorraine, thanks for recommending Lucky Liquor Co...the cocktails were fab - so unusual!

Didn't get much wedding stuff done at the weekend since we were away but on the train through to Edinburgh we made a to-do list of all the wee bitty things...it's two pages long!! When we got back last night I ordered a few things like personalised hankies for the mums. Need to start getting small things ticked off that list!!!

C x
    So glad you had a good time and that the recommendation paid off! I must find an excuse to try it myself now

I got a couple things done yesterday - emailed my MOA/Hair stylist to arrange trial date since I can't get my hen date anymore, hopefully they confirm back soon. Also started icing trial cakes to practice on. Have a few ideas to try so hopefully I can make a start on them this weekend. Decided to order individual cake boxes in the end from eBay so now want to design some stickers to go on them.

I also ordered a kimono dressing gown for myself, sister and mum to wear on the morning and mine arrived at the weekend (others arrived earlier in month). They look lovely together, each a different colour. Think they'll look good in the photos. Still waiting for my personalised lace hankie and hangers to arrive soon I hope, can't wait to see them!!

You should definitely try it! One of them you actually drink out of a lightbulb!!! haha!

Great idea about the stickers for the cake boxes. I've been looking at cake boxes and couldn't find any that fitted in with our colour scheme so stickers could be a good way to go!!! What would I do without this forum?!?!

Also, do you mind me asking where you're getting your lace hankie from? I've ordered some gorgeous printed ones for the mums but fancied lace for my BMs.

C x

You should definitely try it! One of them you actually drink out of a lightbulb!!! haha!

Great idea about the stickers for the cake boxes. I've been looking at cake boxes and couldn't find any that fitted in with our colour scheme so stickers could be a good way to go!!! What would I do without this forum?!?!

Also, do you mind me asking where you're getting your lace hankie from? I've ordered some gorgeous printed ones for the mums but fancied lace for my BMs.

C x
    I'm going with a woman who runs the company PerfectlyBridal.co.uk. I've used her other company, Candlewick Crafts for non-wedding related stuff such as personalised Christmas decorations and they were lovely. She has pages on Facebook as well if you want to see more examples and reviews.